2015 General WEC/ELMS/AsLMS Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,710 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Wayne Taylor isn't too keen on buying an LMP2 because he's already spent so much on a new DP and then having to upgrade it like two years in a row.

I think Wayne Taylor isn't too keen on buying an LMP2 because he's already spent so much on a new DP and then having to upgrade it like two years in a row.
Not to mention a complete changeover pretty much coming for 2017 from what I hear.

Posted in the Le Mans general thread, but Toyota has changed lineups.

#1 car (was #8) Nakajima (switched from #7, will race full wec), Buemi, Davidson
#2 car (was #7) Conway (takes Nakajima's seat, Lapierre gone), Wurz, Sarrazin

Going to be interesting with the driver ballast (for an average under 80kg). The max is 20kg, so the #1 car will still be advantaged there vs. the #2 Toyota.

I'm fairly certain the Alpine A450b was just an Oreca 03R as well.

GTPlanet GTP15 is kind of lazy though. GTPlanet AUP Hammer would be a vaguely less creative choice.

It its truly interesting that the LC70 and LC75 have spawned so many variations (including the FLM 09 AND the ARX-03A). It actually outnumbers the variations that spawned from the Reynard 02S.

Posted in the Le Mans general thread, but Toyota has changed lineups.

#1 car (was #8) Nakajima (switched from #7, will race full wec), Buemi, Davidson
#2 car (was #7) Conway (takes Nakajima's seat, Lapierre gone), Wurz, Sarrazin

Going to be interesting with the driver ballast (for an average under 80kg). The max is 20kg, so the #1 car will still be advantaged there vs. the #2 Toyota.
If the car is good, that #1 should be dominant. Arguably three of the top five LMP1 drivers in one car is, if I'm not mistaken, unprecedented. Even Wyer didn't put Siffert and Rodriguez in the same car.

On average per stint, Nakajima was the fastest on Toyota's team. He was closing the gap to the #8 car at Fuji and Shanghai but the team told him to basically 'hold position' :lol: He was the fastest at Silverstone (his stint in the #7) and put the car on pole for LM, PLUS he beat Duval Lotterer and a couple other wec guys in Super Formula last year. I think its safe to say he may be the fastest guy in the lmp1 class.

The much rumored Sard-Morand partnership is now official, with the team announcing a 2 car program for FIA WEC. The team will use the updated Morgan LMP2 Evo. http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/...nfirm-wec-plans-two-morgan-sards-in-lmp2.html

2 drivers for each car have been announced, with Christian Klein and Kogi Saga in the #39, and Oliver Webb and Pierre Ragues in the #43
TSM_MorganLMP2-3D-White-SIDE_a.jpg

Last edited:
The much rumored Sard-Morand partnership is now official, with the team announcing a 2 car program for FIA WEC. The team will use the updated Morgan LMP2 Evo. http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/...nfirm-wec-plans-two-morgan-sards-in-lmp2.html

2 drivers for each car have been announced, with Christian Klein and Kogi Saga in the #39, and Oliver Webb and Pierre Ragues in the #43
TSM_MorganLMP2-3D-White-SIDE_a.jpg
The Morgan still being updated? Reckon a SARD P1 team with morand might spawn in a few years.

Is ther anything to hold a manufactur to sell customer LMP1 hybrid cars? If not why are then not as many as ther used to be?

Is ther anything to hold a manufactur to sell customer LMP1 hybrid cars? If not why are then not as many as ther used to be?

There have never ever been many customer P1s from factory teams have they?

There have never ever been many customer P1s from factory teams have they?

Most of the ones I can remember have been Audis (though those were more in the LMP900 days). There was the Pescarolo 908 and then the Oreca 908, but that's it.

I swere that French team sold one to oreca. Its in GTP.

You mean Peugeot, when they sold a 908 chassis to Oreca. They also did that with Pescarolo once. Although I think that was more of a "safety net" to use against the factory teams... Then again, Audi did sell a few of their own cars to Kolles once.

Money and availability. Nobody is selling systems. And even if someone decides to sell something to, say, Rebellion, it would be ridiculously expansive to them, and any other private team. As it is now, LMP1 Hybrid is something restricted to manufacturers. And big ones.

The other route would be developing your own platform, which leads to other budget restrictions.

Money and availability. Nobody is selling systems. And even if someone decides to sell something to, say, Rebellion, it would be ridiculously expansive to them, and any other private team. As it is now, LMP1 Hybrid is something restricted to manufacturers. And big ones.

The other route would be developing your own platform, which leads to other budget restrictions.

I have three letters for you HPD. They have made a hybrid engine for private teams!

They made it a couple years ago but no one brought one for some reason and like they say, rebellion arnt going to leave a category they are dominant in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back