2015 General WEC/ELMS/AsLMS Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,710 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
They made it a couple years ago but no one brought one for some reason and like they say, rebellion arnt going to leave a category they are dominant in

Rebellion to AER power. The AER was ultra powerful in the Lotus, which was otherwise a pile of crap, and probably cheaper than the Toyota engines. HPD are focusing on the P2 cars in Tudor and WEC.

There's also 4 other hybrid power units out there they could be used and would be interesting to see if they could last the distance.

Hi Nissan.
upload_2015-2-2_0-27-10.png

Hi there, long nose. You look a bit, well, red, but not too bad. More or less what most people teased over the last few weeks, now to wait for the car's specs...

Eww.

That's got to be the ugliest prototype car I've ever seen. Makes the old DPs look gorgeous.
You'd think they would want a larger floor for more downforce. Aero looks ridiculously simple, it'll be interesting to see how it goes. Should be a bullet down the straights. Can't see them doing well on tire wear though, that much power will destroy the front tires.

Edit: Wow that was more negative than it was supposed to be. I'm really looking forward to seeing this thing in action, and I'd love a video of Ben Bowlby explaining his creation, like he did for the Deltawing. Still won't be cheering for it though.

Last edited:
What the hell?! Front wheel drive?!??!!? Worst sin they can commit. At least it looks pretty cool (to me). Nose certainly is long though, must be weird for the drivers.

I like the double diffuser design we saw how effective that was in F1 a few years ago with Brawn and Button winning the title despite not developing the car at all the whole season.

Holy crap. That car has more going on then a party playing dubstep/house/trance/fusion/jazz..with a magic act.

DK
Its bodywork looks a bit simple to me.

Was about to say the same thing, but looking at other images, it has quite the under body works.

Holy crap. That car has more going on then a party playing dubstep/house/trance/fusion/jazz..with a magic act.

While serving shrooms...if so then my goodness.

Read the racer.com article posted above.

I have, and I genuinely can't wrap my head around all of it. All I can really get out of the article at the moment is that it makes the car more aerodynamic and somehow limits torquesteer. Cool.

However, with it being FF, isn't there an issue as far as tyre wear is concerned? Also, it seems that the way the car is designed, there are actually fewer opportunities to use the KERS system. And I feel like either the author or Mr. Bowbly seems to have a case of Ronspeak at times (which I understand, don't want to reveal all the car's secrets).

I think it's neat that the car is FWD with the KERS driving the rear wheels, but I can't see/understand all the benefits of having FWD. I'd figure it would be more than just aero.

The #1 goal with the whole design of the car is to reduce drag. Sending all the drivetrain components to the rear might interfere with that goal. I'm no engineer, that's just my guess.

The #1 goal with the whole design of the car is to reduce drag. Sending all the drivetrain components to the rear might interfere with that goal. I'm no engineer, that's just my guess.

Ok, that makes more sense now that I think about it.

Damn, this car is giving me a headache.

My grandfather wasn't a qualified engineer, but had a good working mind on how things worked regarding cars, the last time he seen an F! car before he past, I was explaining the KERS and DRS systems to him as he didn't understand it on the telemetry, He just grunted and said,

"they wouldn't need DRS if they built the FWD system properly, FWD would almost suck that car around the corner, and allow for lower aerodynamics, would also compliment the handling, and once they worked out the mathematics the tire wear would be very close if not better"

Realistically the only FWD race cars we have seen are heavy touring cars and almost as heavy WRC cars, By the looks of the LMGTR its going to have a good weight balance, still with most weight towards the front, its going to be another interesting project, well done Nissan,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back