2015 General WEC/ELMS/AsLMS Discussion ThreadSports Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,710 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, that makes more sense now that I think about it.

Damn, this car is giving me a headache.
I mean, they have some complicated setup as it is just to get the rear axle shafts out of the air flow that goes around the cockpit.

xeu3ItH.jpg

What is this reverse COTA race we aren't hearing about??? ;):lol::dunce:

What am I looking at? I'm confused (I know the track but just what's going on there)

This is only a hunch but... I'm thinking (going off the part with the nighttime pit stop), this is supposed to be (loosely) resembling Le Mans. Keyword being "Loosely"

It's more than likely they just ran it that way because it's a cool looking camera shot.
No doubt. You can race the circuit in reverse in Grid Autosport, but it's nowhere near as good as the forward direction.

Hybrid goes to the front wheels? It wouldn't have a drive shaft if it was front wheel drive.

Do you have a link to what Ben said?

I HAVE JUST NOW LEARNED ABOUT THE GTR LM.

After months of studiously avoiding any WEC or LeMans news.

Subscribed.

Whether it's glorious or a glorious failure, I want to see what happens.

:lol:

I think the GT-R looks awesome :) like was said on the last page it's all about minimal drag, look how few cooling outlets there are on the car and how all the air comes through the structure at the rear. It would be interesting to see flow vis through the whole car, a shame we wont get to really.

I reckon this could even run without a rear wing if they wanted to.

Best LMP in years and a great thing that a car as crazy as this has been made. Truly a step into the unknown and not just some 'oh look we've used a diesel because the rules worked better for us' kind of thing.

Only LMP1 team using diesel is Audi, so I'm not sure how that remark holds any relevance when the other 3 LMP factory teams are using gasoline.

So the rumours are true, it is front engined and front wheel drive. Thats crazy and strange and possibly very stupid...

...and I love it

Only LMP1 team using diesel is Audi, so I'm not sure how that remark holds any relevance when the other 3 LMP factory teams are using gasoline.
Well they have won Le Mans 14/15 times since 2000. And a diesel engine has won Le Mans since 2006 (all but one of those wins by Audi...). :P It'd be shocking if gas could finally surpass diesel after all these years. :lol:

(Disclaimer: Since Toyota came back the diesel wins have been more by Audi reliability than anything in most cases more than speed.)

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is a category to look forward to, where will it fit? obviously between P2 and GTE, but that gap is ever closing,

PC / FLM replacement, and might have people who can actually drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back