2015 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 512 comments
So the early safety car that caused Mercedes to jump and gave Ferrari a win was caused pathetically by a guy who is using which engine?

Doubt it. Ferrari won that race yesterday when Mercedes ran the softer tyre in Q1. They never had that extra set of option tyres for the last stint.

To put that in context. They only had to avoid being in the bottom 5. That's 5 of Manor, McLaren and Force India. They thought they needed a better tyre to beat them? Really?

10/10 for Vettel. 👍

-10/10 Mercedes. 👎

That was a shame for Ericsonn though. He is sort of looking like a actual proper F1 race driver.

Last edited:
Great day of racing. Happy to see the Mercedes boys have some competition, even as a fan. It's a great thing for the sport and hopefully those guys over at Ferrari can keep it up, while others join them in the fight. Hopefully.

Not only was the battle for the podium hot, though, there was a lot of action throughout the field. Hugely refreshing after the Australian Grand Prix. Very good stuff, hopefully we get razing like this as the season goes on.
Exactly my opinon today everyone in the field did something worth to watch.

Vettel is incredible he is potentially our new Micheal. (Keep Fighting Super Hero)
MB guys did a good race and I congratulate them for the sportsmanship in after race interviews. They will surely be stronger next race, but eventually this could be an entertaining season. Lewis and Nico are genuine persons and will be a great battle if Ferrari really have what it takes to stay close every race.

Midpack an incredible action today with RBR ToroRosso and ForceIndia, everyone tried his best with no team orders, just pure close racing like they were on turing cars! Great stuff guys thank you everyone for the show.

And Kimi a great comeback after yet another episode of the "left rear tyre drama" sitcom. This 4th place is like a punch in the face to Lady BAD luck. Well done iceman.

And this evening MotoGP race! Great racing weekend!

You could argue that it was Rosbergs move in Q3 and later lack of hability to slot the car into the front row that compromised mercedes race but ultimatly the best team/strategy won.

So the early safety car that caused Mercedes to jump and gave Ferrari a win was caused pathetically by a guy who is using which engine?
Surely this weekend Sauber didn't help Ferrari at all, maybe Arrivabene wasn't so happy with Monisha so they did a Piquet Junior? ... Well... :sly: I'm not saying you are completely wrong. Who knows...
But if they did on purpose they are genius! :)
Think the temperatures here helped Ferrari a lot this weekend. With Allison at Ferrari (the guy who designed the Lotus cars in 12 and 13) I think he continued the trait from Lotus that the car is generally easy on the tyres and very good in hot conditions. That and Mercs strategy did make it look relatively straight foward.
Allison was almost crying at the end of the race. He and his crew did an impressive job. Let's remember how bad the situation was last year. I agree hot contitions helped and probably Ferrari will not win titles in 2015 but it's such a relief to see the Team is back more or less.

Last edited:
So... hearing rumours online that Alonso and one of the Mercs being investigated by fuel flow irregularities... Strictly rumour until I get a better solid source.

Curious considering the stewards published the official classification for the event.

That means nothing dependent on further investigations, we've seen teams retrospectively excluded from previous races. That said, there doesn't seem to be any proper source for this outside the normal fuel-flow whinging that's been going on since pre-season testing. Are the new sensors all in place now or is that for later in the season?

Just spent this morning watching the race. Mercedes looked so out of touch compared to last week. If Raikkonen didn't have those issues he would have made podium easily.

Ericsson had a good few laps before driving onto the beach.

Manor F1. Ugh. Well, they might as well have not been there.

But they were there and they completed a full race distance. They might have had fewer TV minutes when all-said-and-done but they out engineered McLaren in that respect.
Yeah, to be fair they did have a better car than Mclaren.

Honda has some work to do...

But they were there and they completed a full race distance. They might have had fewer TV minutes when all-said-and-done but they out engineered McLaren in that respect.
3 laps down though. Didn't help that both didn't start but hopefully they can improve.

Being spoken to in the middle of a corner seems to be a real bugbear for most of the drivers; I recall Kimi issuing similar messages on the team radio on quite a few occasions! :lol:
leave-me-alone-i-know-what-i-m-doing-7.png

Did the actually show the Manor? I have no idea what that car looks like. :lol:

Being spoken to in the middle of a corner seems to be a real bugbear for most of the drivers; I recall Kimi issuing similar messages on the team radio on quite a few occasions! :lol:
Indeed. It was "Leave me alone I know what I'm doing".

Pure gold. :sly:

EDIT: tree'd LOL.

I thought Lewis pitted too early there. They could've managed the lead as it was just Vettel they had to look at. Sure they would still had a large battle on their hands. They lost time behind the those who stayed out. Also they could've put the option tyre on for the last pitstop in a three stop and had better spread of pace instead trying to claw it back after that bad call. Last year they could power through with mistakes like that but this race was pretty level before the start in my mind so you have to stay in front that early on.

Very impressed with Ferrari and Vettel.

I expect Mercedes to return to their usual selves in the next race and Williams to be a bit closer as well, I didn't think Ferrari could beat Mercedes regardless of the temperature but they seem to be much more competitive in hot conditions a bit like the Allison designed Lotus cars.

Back