2016 Australian General Discussion

• Thread starter joshmuggo
  • 364 comments
This'll be my first serious go at GT Academy even though I'm ineligible, I'm either going to have a very fun or very sobering experience :lol:

Do the first three rounds count towards anything? Or is it just the final round thats used to decide if you make it to the regional final? Should we try to get good times in all four or only focus on the last one?

What's the difference between GTA Oz and GTA for everyone? Or does it just mean new countries that have a GTA "division" qualify for the final?

What's the difference between GTA Oz and GTA for everyone? Or does it just mean new countries that have a GTA "division" qualify for the final?
There is no difference, the top few Australians in the Overall GTA table make it to the Australian National Final.

Okay, I thought it was a big deal that this was Australia's own GT Academy and whoever wins gets a drive automatically. No prob.

Okay, I thought it was a big deal that this was Australia's own GT Academy and whoever wins gets a drive automatically. No prob.

If that was the case then I'd be pi$$ed!!! Same format as last year.

how do you apply ifyou live in New Zealand? Or Can't NZ apply this time?
5pm AEST on tuesday im pretty sure

Im hoping the ruling on cams licences, allows for officiating ones, instead of ruling them all out

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the first round launch 21/4 for us? Or does it all start at a universal time for all regions so nobody gets a head start?

Either way it's almost here! :D

Is the first round launch 21/4 for us? Or does it all start at a universal time for all regions so nobody gets a head start?

Either way it's almost here! :D
Starting date/time is international, that is, universal. Which would be a shame for those in an early time zone as it'll be while they're asleep :P

hey there....want to have a go at the GT Academy. Whats the steps I need to take to get into this. Do you have to logon somewhere to get a login and password?? .... sorry fairly new to this

hey there....want to have a go at the GT Academy. Whats the steps I need to take to get into this. Do you have to logon somewhere to get a login and password?? .... sorry fairly new to this
all you need to do is have the latest update for the game and go to the gt academy section on the main menu

Hi guys. I need a cams licence to enter a skidpan/figure 8 drift day, that would still allow me to enter GT Academy right? As it is not a national competitive motorsport

This'll be my first serious go at GT Academy even though I'm ineligible, I'm either going to have a very fun or very sobering experience :lol:

You should do fine, if WRS results are anything to go by. Ineligible through age, or racing license?

Yep I don't know how they were able to compete but they exposed a loophole somewhere which I'd expect they'll be paying extra attention to this year.

Yeah I find it unfair that Vic drivers have to stay on Probationary for 4 years as oppose to other states.

Last edited:
Pretty keen to find out how they went around this. I find it unfair that Vic drivers have to stay on Probationary for 4 years as oppose to other states. I gave up on GTA 2014 final online round because of this one eligibility requirement :(
you might want to look into this as a few thing have changed in the terms and conditions

Latest Posts

Back