2016 Australian General Discussion

• Thread starter joshmuggo
  • 364 comments
Did last year specify the (not provisional)?

Because a restricted license could be an automatic license, and depending on which state, a provisional license could be classed as unrestricted..

Yes it did.

"(d)hold a fully unrestricted (not provisional) and valid driving licence, with the appropriate category of vehicle (car) clearly indicated, issued by the relevant national driving licensing authority in the Entrant’s current country of permanent residency"

Yeah and I know for a fact one of them had provisional because I Asked, the only way they can be under 20 with a Full license is if they got a New Zealand license(or another country)and transfered it over.

Finally getting awesomely fast ADSL2+ internet at home next week! Do all the updates then I'll be on.
I'll be happy just to get a bit better than gold trying my hardest. I know I'm nowhere near fast enough for a good place

Having a crack at GT Academy for the 1st time. Great fun. I'll put my time here when I start up in a minute.

2:08.442.

Last edited:
Thoughts on Live events Vs Online qualify entrants?

Typically the online qualifiers tend to perform a little better at the national finals from what I have read, if I remember correctly all 6 of the race camp qualifiers in 2014 were top performers on the time trial leaderboard.

Just wondering where do I find where the live events will be....

Not too sure on this one...

What's up guys me and some silverstone finalist and national finalist have a gt academy prep room open in open lobby any one welcome

image.jpg

Typically the online qualifiers tend to perform a little better at the national finals from what I have read, if I remember correctly all 6 of the race camp qualifiers in 2014 were top performers on the time trial leaderboard.

Yeah I agree. I guess online qualifiers tend to perform better mainly due to how tough and brutal the online qualifying rounds are both mentally and physically. The national finals require GT6 game performance against other finalists to advance into the next stages of the finals. I find that entrants in the online component have a better understanding of the games' physics mainly due to pushing the car's limits for online qualifying times to be in the top.

Just putting this out there
http://m.speedcafe.com/2015/05/05/todd-kelly-waits-on-nismo-for-co-driver-call/

“If Alex isn’t available for whatever reason and we need to consider another avenue, we’d throw a local into that discussion before we made it final,” he said.

“Alex is Plan A because he’s a known quantity and got on well with the team last year, but if that’s not feasible we’ll have to open up other options, which would also include having another global athlete.”

Considering how well global athletes adapt, a local GTA graduate would be awesome. All the best to those that enter from Oz.

The finalists from all the other regions did except Australia.

Mexico Obviously
Middle East - Driver Development Program and Dubai 24hrs. Currently racing in Middle East with Nissan
Thaiand and India - Nissan Micra Cup in Canada (1 round of which is support to Canadian F1 Grand Prix)

In a way that would suck a little, if you were fit enough to go higher, just to be able to see where you are at compared to the others.

Yeah I agree. I guess online qualifiers tend to perform better mainly due to how tough and brutal the online qualifying rounds are both mentally and physically. The national finals require GT6 game performance against other finalists to advance into the next stages of the finals. I find that entrants in the online component have a better understanding of the games' physics mainly due to pushing the car's limits for online qualifying times to be in the top.

Yes and no.

The 6 guys who went to Silverstone deserved to go as they did the best overall and excelled in ALL areas. Doesn't matter if you win the gaming, if you can't drive a real car or talk to the media you won't make it through.

The gaming though was the most important last year as they had eliminations straight up based solely on GT6 tests. So even if you are the fittest, fastest in a real car and loaded with charisma it doesn't matter.

The finalists from all the other regions did except Australia.

Mexico Obviously
Middle East - Driver Development Program and Dubai 24hrs. Currently racing in Middle East with Nissan
Thaiand and India - Nissan Micra Cup in Canada (1 round of which is support to Canadian F1 Grand Prix)

Mate I feel for ya. Keep working the contacts, with this 2015 competition it highlights how well you did last year which is a good thing for your prospects!

Anyone got any idea where the live events will be?
This combo is pretty awesome, so long as the g27 hold up :ill: ffb is out of control

Latest Posts

Back