2016 Australian General Discussion

• Thread starter joshmuggo
  • 364 comments
Warrior2167 is damn fast. Not to sure whether he's eligible though, he's pretty much alien status up there. Japan's definitely going to win the GT academy Asia region. Australia vs USA is going to be very interesting with some serious rivalry at the team challenges this year.

Hey Guys, If anyone wants to know more about how to prepare for national and international finals, I'm here for support. I live in Melbourne.

I suffered from lack of preparation in some areas! Add me on facebook and don't hesitate to email me on lucag120@hotmail.com

I'm sure Josh will do the same, we're here to help!

Regards,

Luca

hows everyone going with their times in the final round...

some serious laps being put down thats for sure

Ive managed gold after maybe 45mins of play. Plenty of time to be found still. Hopefully squeeze some time on the weekend

Does anyone know how many of the top Aus players are eligible for the national final? I'm about 30th at the moment, just wondering how close I'd be to making the eligible top 10.

Does anyone know how many of the top Aus players are eligible for the national final? I'm about 30th at the moment, just wondering how close I'd be to making the eligible top 10.

Only guys I see up there not eligible is Dan and Beau (under age).

Apart from josh's account name's, what are they for the other 5 who went through to race camp last year?

The frustration when you run a little bit wide but end up doing a good lap time like this

Attachments

• 1433400877752109820754.jpg
    1433400877752109820754.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 13
It's just ludicrous this combination. It doesn't invoke any confidence or consistancy at all. After over 2000km, I've wrapped my head around the ridiculousness of the car's behaviour, though it feels very random wether or not the car will pull up under braking. Especially into Mulsane corner and Arnage.

I'm really going to have to pull it out of the bag to make nationals, giving up is not an option.

Last edited:
Yeah those braking zones seem a little random. Must be to do with bumps.. They're my next least fav part after that first turn going onto the straight!

Hi all.
I've read on the GTAcademy website T&Cs that top 4 go through to the next round – yet I hear talk of Top 10 going through.

Can anyone CONFIRM how many online qualifiers in Australia are eligible to make it the the next round?

Cheers and good luck to all.

Hi all.
I've read on the GTAcademy website T&Cs that top 4 go through to the next round – yet I hear talk of Top 10 going through.

Can anyone CONFIRM how many online qualifiers in Australia are eligible to make it the the next round?

The website states 10 online qualifiers and 10 live qualifiers will advance to the national finals in Australia. Making a total of 20 Aussies at the finals.

Question to those who have made it to the finals. If you're in the top 10 online qualifying and the final round has come to an end, do you receive an email from GT academy representatives through email?
If so, is it through PS3 email or your private email you used to sign up for PSN?

Hi all.

Hi Mate, here's a link to the T&Cs and number of entrants per country. 👍

It'll be a tough competition now that your near neighbours, the Japanese, are competing.

Good luck 👍

Hi Mate, here's a link to the T&Cs and number of entrants per country. 👍

It'll be a tough competition now that your near neighbours, the Japanese, are competing.

Good luck 👍

Australia will be competing in the GT Academy International edition, meaning we will be competing against Turkey, North Africa, USA and Mexico. Thank god we're not competing against the Japanese as they will be competing in the GT Academy Asia Region. They are lightning quick in the online qualifiers.

Question to those who have made it to the finals. If you're in the top 10 online qualifying and the final round has come to an end, do you receive an email from GT academy representatives through email?
If so, is it through PS3 email or your private email you used to sign up for PSN?

Email linked to your psn account.

Australia will be competing in the GT Academy International edition, meaning we will be competing against Turkey, North Africa, USA and Mexico. Thank god we're not competing against the Japanese as they will be competing in the GT Academy Asia Region. They are lightning quick in the online qualifiers.
Once you get to the finals the gaming part means nothing.

Everyone is too fast, just want to crack the top 50! Has there been any word about the live events yet?

That's a good question.
Last year most of the live events were done and dusted before the Online version came about.

Will just have to keep an eye out.
I don't remember there being to much notice before each live event last year.

Now all I have to do is find some time to have a bit more of a go at the online event.
1'30.xxx last night and can see heaps of time in it.

If there are a number of people who are ineligible in the top 10 for online, do they just keep picking people off down the list until the list is only people who are eligible?

If there are a number of people who are ineligible in the top 10 for online, do they just keep picking people off down the list until the list is only people who are eligible?

From rooz forum, "Holl01, Beau and giggidy_oh". Plus MINT, as he went to race camp last year.

Everyone is too fast, just want to crack the top 50! Has there been any word about the live events yet?

I have a feeling that the live events are for those who didn't make it to the top 10 online qualifying so for example, from rank 11 and below the Aus qualifying times, they might send an email inviting them to the live events to compete for the spots to national finals. Like ZDenko said, Last year the live events were completed before the online qualifiers. Just a theory though, because it's quite concerning that the live qualifiers haven't been announced yet.

From rooz forum, "Holl01, Beau and giggidy_oh". Plus MINT, as he went to race camp last year.

No he didn't.

I have a feeling that the live events are for those who didn't make it to the top 10 online qualifying so for example, from rank 11 and below the Aus qualifying times, they might send an email inviting them to the live events to compete for the spots to national finals. Like ZDenko said, Last year the live events were completed before the online qualifiers. Just a theory though, because it's quite concerning that the live qualifiers haven't been announced yet.

Be patient, all will be revealed shortly!

I managed a 3:35.818 which got me 414th in Aus, as at 1831 hours today. My 3rd recorded lap after about 30-40 failed attempts, those cones are damn close and braking zones into the chicanes are just luck for me!

Back