2016 MotoGP/ WSBK/ Road Racing ThreadMotorbikes 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 1,457 comments
  • 111,612 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a farce. Nobody has any idea what they or anyone else are doing, much less what they're supposed to be doing.
 
After the disastrous restart which was incredibly "hectic" the sprint race in Moto2 was great.

Hope MotoGP will give the same spectacle (during the race) as the first two races.
 
Yeah that was crazy lol really messed Sam up but still a great race and nice to see zarco getting back to his old self
 
It's not often that you something like that spoil a MotoGP race.
 
🤬🤬🤬🤬

Better cancel the podium ceremony......
 
What did i just see :grumpy:
 
Lorenzo bike is godly, Rossi blown up keeping up, Marquez out powered :mad: Saw the contact between Lorenzo and Marquez, great last lap battle, reminds me of GP500 days of Okada, Biaggi and Doohan.
 
Good race from Iannone. Coming back like that after his awful start.
 
Amazing last lap Marc and Jorge are absolute legends thought Marc had that after pulling away but that's why Jorge is a champ
 
WOW! That move from Lorenzo at the final chicane was nearly from another planet, Marquez was equal to it to cut back but the run to the line was incredible.
It's a massive shame Valentino couldn't be involved but that was good enough for me.

I must say Brad Binder should be given the championship today, that was heroic, even better than winning from last in Jerez. It reminds me of 2010 when Marquez finally won a race in Mugello after being close for ages and went on to win 10 in the year.
 
WOW! Highest top speed of any MotoGP race? Photo finish? Racing every lap? Molto bene!

Was a good surprise too seeing Fernando Alonso there at the end, congratulating them.
 
Fernando is a true motorsport enthusiast.

Caught the end of BSB race 1. Won't spoil it in case people recorded it due to the Italian gp but let's just say they must have taken influence from the motogp races lol
 
When fan boyism hits Rossi levels they lose the big picture.
 
Stupid engine. What a shame for Rossi.

Great battle for 1st and a pretty good battle for 3rd as well.

Screenshot_2016-05-23-05-48-12~2.jpg
 
Michael Dunlop averaged 131.3mph at the Isle of Man tonight on a superstock bike in practice. Superstock. Practice.
He then went out on the superbike and did 132.6mph. Incredible.
 
Damn, remember watching him in 125cc and he was a Talent, RIP will be missed.
 
Terrible news, I haven't watched any of today's coverage so this is the first I've heard of it. The rest of the weekend doesn't really matter.
 
Shocking news :(
With just 24 years...
 
I am completely gutted about this, it's always so shocking when it happens on a race track. I don't know exactly what happened and to be honest I don't really want to. RIP Luis

Edit: if you are interested in watching the crash Moto gp have the security footage posted on their website. I hope it gets taken down soon since that's so disrespectful.
 
Last edited:
I haven't watched any of today's coverage so this is the first I've heard of it.
Same here, and I'm glad I didn't (because watching Simoncelli pass away on live TV wasn't a nice experience).

That is terrible and so sad. Only 24 years old.

I can always say that I saw Luis ride twice in MotoGP. I sat in the stands with my dad, ironically at Catalunya, both in 2011 (DNF) & 2012 where he finished in 10th place.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back