2016 MotoGP/ WSBK/ Road Racing ThreadMotorbikes 

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 1,457 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would get a pass in a heartbeat if it wasn't ~$90 for the season. Same goes for WRC, their subscription is pretty pricey if I recall right as well.

WEC is the only subscription I'm ok with paying since it's reasonable. Although, I still haven't gone through with it, but seeing as I'm very doubtful FS1 will improve coverage, I might as well drop the $30 or whatever it is for the remaining few races. The Le Mans coverage was VERY nice!

But back to the Moto GP pass, I find it annoying that they will post clips on Facebook only to lead you to subscribing. Why can't they at least let us see those short clips and leave the racing to the people who pay?

I would love to watch a Moto GP qualifying for once, but that's still not worth the pass to me.

Last edited:
Fox Sports Go compared to the other apps like NBCSN & Watch ESPN, have saved replays that you can watch later. Fox Sports Go needs a replay feature, instead of airing only at the sametime its on the tube. I watch mostly european sports, but I live PST, so everything good comes on between 1am-5am here. If I didn't record it, and it came on Fox (pretty much only Moto Gp gets screwed), I miss that race on my DVR for some reason. I had to wait to this past Friday to get last weeks MotoGp German Grand Prix...

If Fox Sports Go was like my other 2 apps (NBCSN & Watch ESPN), I would of seen it last week.

2 riders dead after a MotoAmerica WSBK support race crash.

http://www.montereycountyweekly.com...cle_1078990c-2e8a-11e5-9304-63351bb5db43.html
http://www.motorsport.com/ama/news/two-riders-dead-after-horrific-laguna-seca-crash/

http://www.motoamerica.com/motoamerica-mourns-racing-tragedy

:(

martinez_rivas.jpg

Last edited:
I had not idea he had passed away, and its been months :(.

Not sure if anyone followed the Suzuka 8hr. Not sure how motogp thinks its an unsafe venue but its still has an 8hr event. Stoner stacked it big time following a stuck throttle and was lucky to come away with only a broken collar bone and leg. The "safety barrier" did most of the damage.

I had not idea he had passed away, and its been months
Well actually Abe died in 2007.

I think of him every now and then. He was a special rider with his hair
flowing in the wind from out the helmet and no one had the kind of riding style
he had. There was a race at Valencia (I think) where he and Rossi battled for
the lead. Might have been 2001. That's my best memory of Abe.

He crashed into a truck on public roads back home in Japan in 2007,
I seem to remember reading the truck was attempting a u-turn
and Abe just smashed into it.

Well actually Abe died in 2007.
:ouch:

Yes, the video was from 9 months ago.

It was a great generations of riders from Japan around that time. Haga probably in parallel with Abe, followed by Kato (:().

Yet more terrible news coming from the motorcycling world, Kenan Sofuoglu's baby son has passed away after having been seriously ill since birth.
Thoughts are with the family of course and I really hope Kenan doesn't rush back into it because he's obviously not in the right frame of mind to be racing a bike. In fact I can't believe he's leading the championship with the struggle he's been through.

I had not idea he had passed away, and its been months :(.

Not sure if anyone followed the Suzuka 8hr. Not sure how motogp thinks its an unsafe venue but its still has an 8hr event. Stoner stacked it big time following a stuck throttle and was lucky to come away with only a broken collar bone and leg. The "safety barrier" did most of the damage.

Dorna "Block" on the Abe video, but poor Casey rag dolling down the track that is deemed unsafe to ride.

Yet more terrible news coming from the motorcycling world, Kenan Sofuoglu's baby son has passed away after having been seriously ill since birth.
Thoughts are with the family of course and I really hope Kenan doesn't rush back into it because he's obviously not in the right frame of mind to be racing a bike. In fact I can't believe he's leading the championship with the struggle he's been through.
That because he's 600cc beast, just hopefully not a 600cc lifer, I'm ready to see him scrap it out with the big boys on the big toys (not saying I do not like 600 racing; very close packs); he's already getting up there in age.

That because he's 600cc beast, just hopefully not a 600cc lifer, I'm ready to see him scrap it out with the big boys on the big toys (not saying I do not like 600 racing; very close packs); he's already getting up there in age.
I was thinking more mentally, it must take something special to race bikes when your son is seriously ill.
He has had spells elsewhere though, he had at least 1 year in superbikes which was less than impressive; he was in moto 2 in 2012 which wasn't successful either. It just seems supersport is his thing

I was thinking more mentally, it must take something special to race bikes when your son is seriously ill.
He has had spells elsewhere though, he had at least 1 year in superbikes which was less than impressive; he was in moto 2 in 2012 which wasn't successful either. It just seems supersport is his thing
I agree with that! 👍

I'm watching MotoGP FP3 live at the moment. Rossi is struggling big time, just as in FP2.

Did you see Pol Espargaro's highsider? What a nasty looking landing.

Qualifying will be interesting.

Hayden's got a new do this weekend;

Screenshot_2015-08-07-07-40-37.jpg

So for once it looks like qualifying will actually be on FS1, tomorrow. Not sure if qualifying got pushed back or if it's a replay airing. Rarely would it ever get pushed over to Sunday to begin with, so I assume a replay airing. 👍

10am EST

I'm watching MotoGP FP3 live at the moment. Rossi is struggling big time, just as in FP2.

Did you see Pol Espargaro's highsider? What a nasty looking landing.

Qualifying will be interesting.

Hayden's got a new do this weekend;

View attachment 426943
Did you pull this off using the Fox Sports App by any chance? I caught MotoGp Qualifying Saturday afternoon instead of the scheduled Sunday morning do to my App, so I was just wondering...

Did you pull this off using the Fox Sports App by any chance? I caught MotoGp Qualifying Saturday afternoon instead of the scheduled Sunday morning do to my App, so I was just wondering...
In addition to the videopass at mgp.com I also watch MotoGP on Viasat Motor (a Swedish tv station) that airs everything live from FP1 to the post-race interviews.

I couldn't have it any other way :)
I've only missed two or three MotoGP races in the last fifteen years. Sat in the stands for two of them ('11 & '12).

It's my number one sport, with Formula 1 being a very close second. Though it'll feel very different when Rossi won't be around anymore.

In addition to the videopass at mgp.com I also watch MotoGP on Viasat Motor (a Swedish tv station) that airs everything live from FP1 to the post-race interviews.

I couldn't have it any other way :)
I've only missed two or three MotoGP races in the last fifteen years. Sat in the stands for two of them ('11 & '12).

It's my number one sport, with Formula 1 being a very close second. Though it'll feel very different when Rossi won't be around anymore.
I watch a lot of those tapes off YouTube. I love that channel that ones our YouTube don't have commercial breaks, and day air it in English. I don't know if we get that channel here in America. That channel is responsible for me watching a lot of the European racing that America stop airing.

Sat in the stands for two of them ('11 & '12).
Both were at the Circuit de Catalunya, I was there with my father.

I had a Marco Simoncelli tribute t-shirt on in 2012. It was such a tragedy what happened in 2011.

Today's MotoGP warmup session ended with Lorenzo and Marquez both going down. Lorenzo went down harder but neither were injured.

Race in just over two hours.

And there's a big chance it could rain.. Moto3 just finished and it was an awesome race on dry-ish conditions!

Well after all the McPhee hype, he finally finishes well in tricky conditions,.. Go McPhee, you finally have 1 good result now.

Thanks, but honestly if you don't watch racing live somebody on here has, and they're going to talk about it which they have the right to do so. So no biggie on a spoiler alert I was just messing with you.

Maybe some other guys do take it seriously?,.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back