2016 MotoGP/ WSBK/ Road Racing ThreadMotorbikes 

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 1,457 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rabat today showed why the team call him Tito Robot, 84 laps and unfortunately crashed on the last one.

Massive potential news coming from Valencia, Casey Stoner might be a Ducati test rider next year with, like Pirro has done, some wildcard races. Stoner has a contract with Honda until the end of the year so we won't hear anything official until then.
It's apparently come about because he wanted to replace Pedrosa when Pedrosa was out after his arm pump surgery and they also ignored some of his feedback on the new Honda.

Lorenzo has a moment during his party in Mallorca. Italian mechanic? :lol:

(he is apparently alright just some minor burns)

Last edited:
http://www.macau.grandprix.gov.mo/gp/62/result/index.php?content=149&lang=en&csv=108#result

John McGuinness has a good start for the Macau weekend.

Incredible to race bikes there. :crazy:

Macau-Grand-Prix-2015-TG-61.jpg

It was not the most exciting race for the podium in the Macau Motor GP. But very strong rides from Jessopp and surprise winner Hickman. Great overtake from McPint in the last lap. :bowdown:

I agree and i think also it's very dangerous.
I would like to see the MotoGP at Spa (never gonna happen i'm affraid)

It is dangerous, but that is also part of the appeal to Real Road Racing.
MotoGP on Spa probably will never happen, but the Road Racing events in Belgium are already quite all right with Oostende and Chimay with the IRRC.
And my personal favorite, Gedinne with the classic bikes.

In Holland we still have Hengelo, which is a great Road Race event.

Last edited:
Massive potential news coming from Valencia, Casey Stoner might be a Ducati test rider next year with, like Pirro has done, some wildcard races. Stoner has a contract with Honda until the end of the year so we won't hear anything official until then.
It's apparently come about because he wanted to replace Pedrosa when Pedrosa was out after his arm pump surgery and they also ignored some of his feedback on the new Honda.
This has now been confirmed, except for any news on wildcard rides but I imagine one at Mugello is in his contract.

Don't know how much longer it'll be for, but the MotoGP off-season video pass is currently only 0.99EUR.

Also interesting to see Stoner was cut loose from Honda's test program because he claims, MM felt "threatened" by him, and now Ducati don't look like they'll have him as a test rider either.

Also interesting to see Stoner was cut loose from Honda's test program because he claims, MM felt "threatened" by him, and now Ducati don't look like they'll have him as a test rider either.
That sucks. He seemed like he had 1 maybe 2 good seasons left in him.

What is also becoming apparent is this may be Pedrosa's year. The new Michelin's have less side grip then the Bridgestones - MM, JL and VR all maximised this by braking late in the corner, and accelerating before totally picking the bike up. Pedrosa though is the opposite; braking very upright and them picking the bike up quickly on exit - hence why he has been on it much more rapidly then the others.

It will be interesting to see who adapts to the new ECU's too, which leave much more up to the right wrist, rather then the electronics to smooth it all out.

What is also becoming apparent is this may be Pedrosa's year. The new Michelin's have less side grip then the Bridgestones - MM, JL and VR all maximised this by braking late in the corner, and accelerating before totally picking the bike up. Pedrosa though is the opposite; braking very upright and them picking the bike up quickly on exit - hence why he has been on it much more rapidly then the others.

It will be interesting to see who adapts to the new ECU's too, which leave much more up to the right wrist, rather then the electronics to smooth it all out.
I'm definitely hoping we see a good year from Pedrosa, it seems every time he looks at top form he gets injured and he really deserves a good crack at the title imo.

I don't think the ecu will make too much difference, considering most of the top factory riders didn't test it at Valencia it's probably not a top priority. That may however give Suzuki the extra help they need, along with the seamless shift gearbox.

I don't think the ecu will make too much difference, considering most of the top factory riders didn't test it at Valencia it's probably not a top priority.
Some riders didn't test the ECU at the same time as the tyres as both bring such huge changes to the bike and they didn't want to have too much to deal with.

The tyre issue is that the rear generates more side grip than the front can handle, hence lean angle's we're accustomed to seeing will be a thing of the past. The ECU issue is that the ECU was not developed in tandem with each engine, and as the engines have been thusfar developed with torque smoothing software in mind, everyone is finding it difficult to not spin up the rear or lift the front on exit.

I can't believe that VR claims Marc ruined his race in Australia when there were 4 riders in that particular pack including 2 Italians & 2 Spaniards. Iannone (no bias here, he is 1 of my fav riders), was in Rossi way as much as supposedly Marc was if not more. For him to start that gossip was an unbelievable last ditch effort to clinch a last title as far as Rossi is concerned before he might have to hang up his racing career and move over to Blancpain or GTOPEN. On top of it all, if Marc was trying to ruin his race he would have not ran down Jorge @ Phillip Island for the win; which I thought was impossible once Jorge had 1.5 sec lead of the front runners. I was as shocked as Marc was @ the press conference afterwards when I heard Rossi's comments (Jorge's face nailed it), and I felt super bad for Marc because VR was 1 of his role models as he was growing up, and he actually helped Rossi by beating Jorge over the start/finish line in Australia. If Rossi can blame Marc, then he should be blaming his country man Iannone too, be as it was he was in the incredible 4-way scrap too taking away valuable track position via time lost dog fighting. Now @ Malaysia I do believe Marc was interfering with VR at this point, but at the same time VR should of respected the qualifying order and stopped repassing Marc everytime Marc passed Rossi just to eventually wave him by in the end (after it was pretty much over race wise. I guess at this point the plot in Rossi's head has begun). The smart thing to do would of been follow the so-called fast trouble maker, whom can actually catch Jorge and make it a 3 way battle at the end, instead of getting frustrated mid race from knocking tenths out of their race pace, because you feel some riders should stay out of your way for the title sake. I've been there; I know how it feels twice if not 3 times, competing for championship with 2 rounds to go and hoping that none of the slow guys or fast guys get in my way of my target opponent and beating him, but you know what?!, that happens and it's called racing. You have to take the bad with the good. I seriously lost some respect for Rossi at Malaysia, and at the press conference after the best race I've ever seen thus far @ Phillip island this 2015. And to make matters worse the 36-year-old man is supposed to be a role model to the younger kids, so it's even more damaging to me that an older man who should be setting a role model example; kick's the younger kid off of his bike. That's something I would expect to come from the younger more immuture rider, not the older experienced rider. And then doing the Bill Clinton and lying about it afterwards, come on man, don't pour salt on the wound. And Rossi has some hella fans even in Spain because I expected him to get booed in the Valencia arena, not see damn near all yellow Ina Spainard crowd. And the Italians that went to Marcus's house to beat up his relatives in Spain (Unbelievable), wow I could only hope to have fans like that when I do something messed up as kicking a kid out of frustration or saying some convoluted statements at that press conference like he did, and still get hailed all glory!!!

Hate it, or love it, that's the hard-core truth of this matter'

Last edited:
Fixed

And there was no kick...the kick is an illusion :P. Watch all the replays, study some physics.
I respect that you probably feel that's what happened, but there's no way I'm believing that his foot fell of his foot peg. And the physics statement is really funny because if you knew who you were talking too, all I do is study not only just physics, but I also study quantum physics, meta physics, and Astro physics as well. And I completely understand both of them including Einstein's special relativity and general relativity along with Newtonian gravitation whom most people don't even know what the original formula looks like,?. And to prove that I really do know my stuff when it comes to physics & quantum physics, the Einstein equation is an even actually E=MC2, it's M=E/C2 which is the formula that Einstein posted on his one page manifesto for gravitation for curvature space time the 5th dimension. if you like to know what 6th dimension is, I can you that also.? Actually I know all 11 dimensions which is the only Universe that adds up mathematically by the way... All the other Hypespace theories don't mathematically add up correctly when you do the math on them.

I respect that you probably feel that's what happened, but there's no way I'm believing that his foot fell of his foot peg. And the physics statement is really funny because if you knew who you were talking too, all I do is study not only just physics, but I also study quantum physics, meta physics, and Astro physics as well. And I completely understand both of them including Einstein's special relativity and general relativity along with Newtonian gravitation whom most people don't even know what the original formula looks like,?. And to prove that I really do know my stuff when it comes to physics & quantum physics, the Einstein equation is an even actually E=MC2, it's M=E/C2 which is the formula that Einstein posted on his one page manifesto for gravitation for curvature space time the 5th dimension. if you like to know what 6th dimension is, I can you that also.? Actually I know all 11 dimensions which is the only Universe that adds up mathematically by the way... All the other Hypespace theories don't mathematically add up correctly when you do the math on them.
It didn't fall off the peg. MM's right handlebar hit VR's left leg. That's extra pressure being added on the left side (top side) during a right hand corner. The natural reaction of any rider in that situation is to left their left foot off the peg to counterbalance the feeling being pushed to the right. If you watch the replays, you can see VR do the exact same thing on the previous lap when the bike almost washes out from underneath him.

That's besides the point though. I look at it completely different. Some of the first racing I ever watched was SuperCross and MotoCross, where contact like what happened between MM & VR is child's play. In dirt bike racing, the name of the game is, don't put yourself in a vulnerable position. If you put yourself in a vulnerable position and you get taken out, you have only yourself to blame.

That's how I see "the kick". Aside from not being a deliberate kick (have you ever tried to donkey kick a 300+ pound bike that's moving?), I put the responsibility on MM for putting himself in the vulnerable position, and then suffering the consequences of racing contact.

My biggest issue though was with the way it was all handled. To me, it was a racing incedent between two guys who were both getting a little stupid. But racing is soft now, so of course there had to be a penalty. A points penalty, ok. A grid penalty, ok. But both? Give me a break. The Spanish organizers handed the Spanish rider the title on a silver platter. Rossi got Senna '89d.

If you want to get really deep into the conspiracies, by setting up the final the way they did, the promoters couldn't lose. Either JL wins the title on home soil, or Rossi pulls off one of the greatest comeback victories in motorsport history, which the sanctioning bodies and promoters can milk for years. A lot more exciting the VR starting from the front row of the grid with all of his points no?

Oh, and E=MC2 is the same as M=E/C2

Perhaps the super human power in Rossi's "kick" came from the 11th dimension?

I put the responsibility on MM for putting himself in the vulnerable position, and then suffering the consequences of racing contact.

My biggest issue though was with the way it was all handled. To me, it was a racing incedent between two guys who were both getting a little stupid. But racing is soft now, so of course there had to be a penalty. A points penalty, ok. A grid penalty, ok. But both? Give me a break. The Spanish organizers handed the Spanish rider the title on a silver platter. Rossi got Senna '89d.
Firstly Marquez was in front going into the corner, that's not a "vulnerable" position, that's right of way in racing. You can't expect the guy behind you to deliberately run you off line, which is why I disagree with you again that it was racing contact; Rossi wasn't racing at that point.
Finally it wasn't a points penalty. Rossi got 3 penalty points added to his license which brought him up to 4 and consequently had to start from the back of the grid. All his championship points remained, even the three he gained by Marquez' DNF.

Oh and @joetruckv8 thanks for bringing this up again :grumpy:
Hopefully we can discuss it without stupid comments this time (myself included) :gtpflag:

Firstly Marquez was in front going into the corner, that's not a "vulnerable" position, that's right of way in racing. You can't expect the guy behind you to deliberately run you off line, which is why I disagree with you again that it was racing contact; Rossi wasn't racing at that point.
Finally it wasn't a points penalty. Rossi got 3 penalty points added to his license which brought him up to 4 and consequently had to start from the back of the grid. All his championship points remained, even the three he gained by Marquez' DNF.

Oh and @joetruckv8 thanks for bringing this up again :grumpy:
Hopefully we can discuss it without stupid comments this time (myself included) :gtpflag:
Marquez was in front at the start of the corner. He left the door wide open. Anyone who follows racing knows that if you leave the door open, you pay the consequences. It's not as though VR came from nowhere...they'd been battling for 2 laps already. Also you can see the moment MM sees VR inside. He had every opportunity to brake and cut back underneath VR, but he didn't.

Watch this. I don't read Spanish, but you still get the general idea.

Marquez sees Rossi inside him, and ahead, and still decides to lean harder and turn into Rossi. At the moment he does this, Rossi accelerates, as can be seen from the front suspension of VR's bike. VR's foot came off the peg simply to balance the bike (exactly like it did on the previous lap).

When the incedent is viewed in the context of the laps leading up to it, I have to view it as a racing incedent. They were both being dumb, both leaning on each other. You can't start throwing penalties around just because one guy happens to fall down. Either they both get penalties for I don't know what, or you let the men on the bikes sort things out for themselves.

As far as the points go, that's my mistake, I misunderstood the ruling. So thanks...I feel less salty now :lol:

Anyways, we've beat this horse enough times :lol:

Last edited:
Marquez was in front at the start of the corner. He left the door wide open. Anyone who follows racing knows that if you leave the door open, you pay the consequences. It's not as though VR came from nowhere...they'd been battling for 2 laps already. Also you can see the moment MM sees VR inside. He had every opportunity to brake and cut back underneath VR, but he didn't.

Watch this. I don't read Spanish, but you still get the general idea.

Marquez sees Rossi inside him, and ahead, and still decides to lean harder and turn into Rossi. At the moment he does this, Rossi accelerates, as can be seen from the front suspension of VR's bike. VR's foot came off the peg simply to balance the bike (exactly like it did on the previous lap).

When the incedent is viewed in the context of the laps leading up to it, I have to view it as a racing incedent. They were both being dumb, both leaning on each other. You can't start throwing penalties around just because one guy happens to fall down. Either they both get penalties for I don't know what, or you let the men on the bikes sort things out for themselves.

As far as the points go, that's my mistake, I misunderstood the ruling. So thanks...I feel less salty now :lol:

Anyways, we've beat this horse enough times :lol:

The Difference is that was in heat of battle, what Rossi did was basically like I'm going to ruin you. Nothing Marquez did was remotely close to trying to slowly run Rossi off the track no logical expiation can explain a way that what Rossi did wasn't completely on purpose and most likely got the result Rossi wanted.

There is Aggressive Racing then there is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back