2016 MotoGP/ WSBK/ Road Racing ThreadMotorbikes 

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 1,457 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you seem to think that quibbling over semantics will somehow invalidate my point?

I wasn't trying to invalidate your point. I was trying to point out incorrect facts.

----------------

At least some amusing photoshops have come out of this race.........every cloud :P :D
1611018_179291285748829_8707798784643445092_n.jpg

The British commentators can be very patriotic particularly Julian Ryder but in all fairness we gave the world everything, even Australia and Daniel Craig.

Now so many of you seem to hate Moto gp can you all **** off and leave us to have a sensible discussion? Thanks.

After everything that happened at Sepang there were two riders
who I was very pleased had great races but not many spoke about it.

Toni Elias (one of my all-time favorite riders along with Melandri) did
great to finish 14th and scoring his first points of the season.
Well deserved after a difficult period for him. No reporters ever
speak with him and he never gets any ink in the press anymore.

And the other one was Bradley Smith, someone who has grown a lot
this past year and a half in my opinion. Some felt he didn't deserve his
ride last year but man has he proved them wrong time and again.
I think with his 6th place today he scored points at EVERY round this season. :bowdown:

To be honest it was quite refreshing to hear Rossi speak in the press conference after
today's race. Whether you buy into his theories or not, it is nice to see a man who
says what's on his mind and isn't afraid to stand up for what he believes in.
Pedrosa is also good in this respect. Always says what's on his mind and comes off
as very honest.

The British commentators can be very patriotic particularly Julian Ryder but in all fairness we gave the world everything, even Australia and Daniel Craig.
Yes, let's take a minute to remember all of those great British inventions, like fettuccine and the kimono.

He didn't made any mistake?
Remember Misano VR or are you to pride to admit it.
You made a very crucial tactical mistake there.
Would he or any VR fan shout out this unfairness if he was in JL's place.I don't think so,if he's got protected by his compatriots in the same way,nobody would care,saddly that things evolved to this.
Again,i don't have anything personal against VR (i'm not supporting him,but i've respect for him),but i don't like his untouchable status.

Not at all. I've watched streams from all around the world. Why do you think I complain about the British commentary and not the others?
Because you can't understand them?

I know that. Nobody expected much of Ireland or Wales, and Scotland was an outside chance. All of the expectation was weighted on England.
Then why not say England? You know the difference. You're not a stupid man. Your arguments which aren't that credible in the first place, lose even more credibility when you say incorrect things. As I've said before, I'm in exactly the same 'forced to listen to English commentary' boat as you, but if you were in the same physical boat, I'd throw you overboard.

Great way to restart the sensible discussion.
I'll admit that wasn't my finest statement, looking through this thread at 1am wasn't smart either.

Some of the stuff I've read here and on social media has been downright stupid. People are saying Lorenzo couldn't have won the championship without help from the Hondas when it was clearly Rossi getting angry that they didn't help him. He was just looking to blame anyone but himself when it was obviously his own wrongdoing that left him with the difficult task he had.
I personally think Marquez would have preferred Lorenzo to win the title but the reason he didn't attack Lorenzo was probably due more to Lorenzo's pace and due a lot more to the telling off Dorna gave him on Thursday. I don't think he could have made a clean, safe pass. What I don't understand is why he risked crashing to stay ahead of Pedrosa, it doesn't fit the conspiracy anyway. If he crashes and Pedrosa beats Lorenzo, Rossi wins the title. If he lets Pedrosa go and Dani does win it's a Honda victory and Marquez is the only person between the two Yamahas, essentially personally costing Rossi the title. That pleases everyone except Rossi and the conspiracy gets some traction.
Either way you look at it, any help Marquez may have given Lorenzo comes directly from Rossi firing shots in the press conference in Sepang.

My honest view when watching the race was Marquez was sitting behind Lorenzo and waiting for a late attack, similar to Indy and Assen with Rossi. He likes to follow Lorenzo and absolutely loves to beat him, especially with it being the last race of the season he would have wanted to go out with a win and in to the pre season with 4 consecutive Honda wins. He and Pedrosa were under orders to get a 1-2 and if you have a HRC contract you do what Nakamoto says. That late attack plan could have been upset by Pedrosa overtaking him on the penultimate lap, it gave Lorenzo a small advantage and the only place it looked like Marquez could get past, turn 6 was no longer an option. Maybe I'm wrong, the only person who knows is Marquez but he'll stick to his story for a long time to come.

This should have been a thrilling final 2 races to arguably the most exciting and unpredictable season this century but the actions and words of the top 3 left it with a bitter taste and the reactions of so called "fans" made it at times almost unbearable and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Surely Marquez would have been told that Pedrosa was closing in on him, which should have prompted him to go for an overtake on Lorenzo.

Surely Marquez would have been told that Pedrosa was closing in on him, which should have prompted him to go for an overtake on Lorenzo.
I doubt he could have done it cleanly; look at Rossi's passes, they were all brilliantly executed against people slower than him, not giving them a chance to come back, until Aleix. Marquez wasn't that much quicker than Lorenzo at any point other than sector 2 and still only slightly, the gap was fluctuating and Lorenzo, as always, didn't miss an apex.
Marquez didn't do the exact thing he was hated for 2 weeks ago and gets hated even more for it. This is turning into football with blind ignorance.
I don't have any allegiance towards anyone, as I said after Jerez I had a bet on Lorenzo but I'd have happily paid the money to see Rossi win again.

Marquez had a fantastic run out of the final turn in the tow of Lorenzo multiple times and more often than not he was gapped, not once did he even eye up a move.

This was great to see. What camaraderie we get to witness here.
I don't think I can embed the video but it's right there at the top.
https://www. facebook.com/devino.class/videos/1509966429301440/

Rossi still has the respect among his peers, well except for two of them.
If, during these last two weeks, Rossi would have lost the respect in the
paddock amongst the riders (and they would have felt he had dragged the
sport down in the mud) they wouldn't have all come up beside him
and do what they did. As a long time fan of the sport I thought this was
a nice moment and it went unnoticed for many I would guess.

While this drama goes on, a man springs to my mind:
stoner-sliding-front-perspective.jpg

"MotoGP is politics nowadays, strange things are happening. I quit this sport because I love racing"

A real person, a genuine racer.

https://www. facebook.com/devino.class/videos/1509966429301440/

Yeah was great watching that video. Rossi is the man. I'll never think the same of JL and MM.

Just watched the race. What a crap end to a great season.

Lorenzo had a great season, but it would have been 1 bajillion times better to see him scrap it out with Rossi as opposed to this crap.

Marquez is the biggest piece of 🤬 in professional sports. Anyone who thinks Marquez hasn't been toying with the championship for the last 3 rounds is blind and on crack. Messing around at the final round is bad enough, but doing it for 3 straight races is bloody pathetic. I hope no one ever sponsors that "Small 🤬 bastard" ever again. May the power of social media rain heavy upon his punk-ass.

Rossi's ride was one for the ages. Just to add another angle on the whole "people letting Rossi through" story. Do people who are upset by this understand racecraft?

Battling with a faster car/bike early in the race is considered poor racecraft. It slows you down, loosing touch with those in front, allowing those behind to catch up. At the start of a race, everyone is close together. Being passed by one person can often open the door for others, and you can quickly find yourself sliding down the order. There's also the whole issue of conserving tires at the start of a race, so wasting rubber defending a position that will eventually be lost is considered poor racecraft.

Therefore, if you know you have a faster person behind you at the start of a race, whist in the middle of a tight pack, it is actually considered good racecraft to allow the faster person through if you can do it in a controlled manner. It's better to let them by on your terms than it is for them to have to force the issue, and pass you on their terms.

I also just have to add, that was by far the absolute WORST commentary I have ever witnesses during a sporting event. Those two clowns did nothing but yell the same crap, lap after lap. I'm all for entusiasm, but this was beyond ridiculous. They literally repeated the same thing, lap after lap, each time, trying to out-do one another with the grizzliness of their voice rising to a ridiculous crescendo.

I actually did turn the sound basically off for the last 6-7 laps, and I don't feel like a missed a damn thing. All those idiots did was yell what they were seeing on screen. They conveyed absoluty no info which the picture itself, or the onscreen graphics, weren't already doing. This isn't "described video for the visually impaired." Either provide some useful info, or shut the hell up forever!!!

/rant over

Edit: found the video of Rossi entering the paddock

Last edited:
Once again,VR provoced this all by himself,if he didn't insult MM after the Australian GP @ the Maleysian GP's press conference whe would have got 2 very different final races.
But hey nobody can't compete VR,why would they even race against him.
I suggest maybe they should let him through without a fight,so he can cruise to victory and his 10th title.
Respect for that then.
No totally VR has no blame at all in this story,not failing by himself,why can't he qualify better so he don't need to overtake some slower guys,why didn't he pass DP @ Aragon,why did'n't he pass Iannone @ Mugiello and Philip island.
Why didn't he obey pit orders to switch bikes @ Misano.Why didn't he won @ Jerez?
@ Argentina why did the slower guys made it him hard to pass at the beginning of the race?
For me he's just looking for a scapegoat to mask his own failure.
He knows very well that the public opinion is with him because he's the most popular rider of all time and it will remain that way.He knows that he's got the power to influence the behaviour of his fans against other riders.He's got what he wanted that everybody will hate MM forever,congrats on that Doctor.

ps:what did he perform on the Ducati?He failed there aswell,he just returned to Yamaha to gain his 10th title and now he knows that other guys are just faster then him and probably spoiled his last shot on it,well good luck for him @ 2016.

Maybe Stoner's quote about ambition and talent wasn't ******** after all.

I hope this fixes it for you. You just need to enter the URL for the page that video is on when you click the "Media" button in the comment box.

Russia has made a pretty good case for that title in the past twenty-four hours, what with WADA claiming that they're engaging in state-sponsored doping, bribery and extortion in athletics.
Isn't that par for the course for the Russians though? Or anyone in pro sports for that matter...the Russians just seem to excel at getting caught

Once again,VR provoced this all by himself,if he didn't insult MM after the Australian GP @ the Maleysian GP's press conference whe would have got 2 very different final races.
But hey nobody can't compete VR,why would they even race against him.
I suggest maybe they should let him through without a fight,so he can cruise to victory and his 10th title.
Respect for that then.
No totally VR has no blame at all in this story,not failing by himself,why can't he qualify better so he don't need to overtake some slower guys,why didn't he pass DP @ Aragon,why did'n't he pass Iannone @ Mugiello and Philip island.
Why didn't he obey pit orders to switch bikes @ Misano.Why didn't he won @ Jerez?
@ Argentina why did the slower guys made it him hard to pass at the beginning of the race?
For me he's just looking for a scapegoat to mask his own failure.
He knows very well that the public opinion is with him because he's the most popular rider of all time and it will remain that way.He knows that he's got the power to influence the behaviour of his fans against other riders.He's got what he wanted that everybody will hate MM forever,congrats on that Doctor.

ps:what did he perform on the Ducati?He failed there aswell,he just returned to Yamaha to gain his 10th title and now he knows that other guys are just faster then him and probably spoiled his last shot on it,well good luck for him @ 2016.

Maybe Stoner's quote about ambition and talent wasn't ******** after all.
First off, this whole saga didn't start after Philip Island, im Rossi's eyes, it started before or during Philip Island. The evidence is there (the time sheets), Rossi just didn't speak on it until Malaysia.

Second, if it was a small group of keyboard warriors on the Internet who were the main people siding with Rossi, I might agree with you that it's just his fans being D-riders. However, that's not really the case, is it. To me, it seems a lot more like pretty much the entire MotoGP paddock feels the same way about the situation as Rossi does. It's one thing to claim that either you or I fell for Rossi's game, but it's another thing to slight the entire MotoGP paddock. That's basically like you saying you understand MotoGP racing better than the people who do it, and I just can't buy into that.

Last edited:
This was great to see.
I don't think I can embed the video
found the video
That's not the video I linked to if that is what you meant. Mine shows footage from Rossi's onboard camera as he crosses the finish line and his slow down lap. Every rider comes up next to him and pats him on the back. It's about seven minutes in length.
DK
I hope this fixes it for you.
It doesn't. The reason I divided the link in two is that it never worked to embed it. It just looks like this for me on both phone and PC.
Screenshot_2015-11-10-16-27-33~2.jpg

Only white space.

Here's the link again, for anyone who wants to watch it. Just put the link together.

https://www .facebook.com/devino.class/videos/1509966429301440/

That's not the video I linked to if that is what you meant. Mine shows footage from Rossi's onboard camera as he crosses the finish line and his slow down lap. Every rider comes up next to him and pats him on the back. It's about seven minutes in length.

It doesn't. The reason I divided the link in two is that it never worked to embed it. It just looks like this for me on both phone and PC.
View attachment 478256
Only white space.

Here's the link again, for anyone who wants to watch it. Just put the link together.

https://www .facebook.com/devino.class/videos/1509966429301440/
Link still not working for me :(. Says "cannot find the page.

Isn't that par for the course for the Russians though? Or anyone in pro sports for that matter...the Russians just seem to excel at getting caught

First off, this whole saga didn't start after Philip Island, im Rossi's eyes, it started before or during Philip Island. The evidence is there (the time sheets), Rossi just didn't speak on it until Malaysia.

Second, if it was a small group of keyboard warriors on the Internet who were the main people siding with Rossi, I might agree with you that it's just his fans being D-riders. However, that's not really the case, is it. To me, it seems a lot more like pretty much the entire MotoGP paddock feels the same way about the situation as Rossi does. It's one thing to claim that either you or I fell for Rossi's game, but it's another thing to slight the entire MotoGP paddock. That's basically like you saying you understand MotoGP racing better than the people who do it, and I just can't buy into that.

First off,where did it well start in your opinion,the races before PI were Motegi and Aragon,MM didn't perform well over there you know.4th @ Motegi way behind the top 3,totally had no influence in the result,@ Aragon he crashed out in second position,so in what way did he influence the result in JL's favour?
Before those he did win @ Misano,where JL crashed out,so i don't see any evidence in that opinion.
If the evidence that VR delivers the only evidence is that counts,your right,no matter what evidence other parties may bring up,they better should trow it away because only VR's evidence matters.

Second,i'm just sharing my opinion and yes i don't know what happens behind the screens at the MotoGP paddock.
If it came over that way,i must appology.
VR earns a lot of respect of what he did achieve in his whole carreer and this championship,no doubt about that.
I don't have a problem when other people show him that respect.
Once again i don't have anything personal against VR,but saying that only MM's last races costed him his championship is just wrong.That's making me .....
After 4 races he had 37 points advantage on JL,4 races later,his advantage was reduced to 1 point.
Although VR was consistent on the podium,he didn't have the pace to compete in a close battle with JL at that moment except Catalunya.
MM has crashed out twice in that period (Mugiello and Catalanya),where he was riding in front of VR.
JL did win 7 races (6 (Jerez,Le Mans,Mugiello,Catalunya,Brno,Aragon) + 1 gifted Valencia)
VR did won 4 (Qatar,Argentina,Assen (where i did attend) and Silverstone)
MM did won 5 (COTA,Sachsenring,Indianapolis,Misano,PI) and DNF 6 times (Argentina,Catalunya,Mugiello,Silverstone,Aragon,Malaysia)
DP did won the other 2 (Motegi and Malaysia)

I still don't see where MM helped JL before VR's press conference @ Malaysia.
VR should take a look in the mirror and see where he did mistakes and not blaming other riders costing him the champiosnhip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back