2016 Nissan Leaf

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 47 comments
It looks pretty hideous, like they just threw together a bunch of body panels from existing Nissan models. Don't think the real thing will look anywhere like this.

But what I'm most interested in is the powetrain. Is it going to be the same basic unit or something brand new?

It looks pretty hideous, like they just threw together a bunch of body panels from existing Nissan models. Don't think the real thing will look anywhere like this.

But what I'm most interested in is the powetrain. Is it going to be the same basic unit or something brand new?
Same unit, better battery pack I think for more mileage.

My reaction to the front of the car was "Jesus Christ" & that's not good. I say "holy 🤬" when it is awesome.

NISMO do look killer. 👍

I'm not keen on Nissans' current design language. I'm seeing hints of Hyundai mixed with Honda at the front, and some hint of Lexus and Mazda on the sides and rear.

Auto Express has what they say is an accurate representation of the new Leaf due in 2016.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/leaf/88344/nissan-leaf-to-get-sharp-new-look-and-range-boost

nissan-leaf-front-2excl_0_0.jpg

nissan-leaf-excl.jpg

I like it. :)
AHHHH, AHHHHHHHHH! My eyes! :yuck:

I like the render

That's it, I just like it

But uhh.. that's not a Leaf

It'll look like a hatchback'd sedan if they keep that design.

The grille is a welcome addition. As for the headlights, they aren't visually appealing.

By calculating the estimated starting prices (£17,000) to U.S. dollars, that brings it to $28,201. A slightly lower price than previous models and a good bargain for an electric car.

The current one has unflattering curves and features (headlamps way too high even if for aero reasons)

The one being shown in OP has weird angles and way too many (busy) details, but at least the profile seem to be more conservative...

I would suggest Nissan to try again...

I want to be a Leaf... but it has to look better...

Make a pretty leaf

The first render looks like a larger car also more like a Versa sedan in size actually.

Though i still like it more than the current Leaf but not by very much .

The old Leaf was a horrid looking car, this new one is a lot easier on the eye but as stated above it looks like an uglier version of the new Pulsar.

Latest Posts

Back