Are transfer fees out of control?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

• Other Opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now, hasn't Jamie Carragher been a silly, silly boy.

Well now, hasn't Jamie Carragher been a silly, silly boy.

I mean C,Mon its a Man U fan so probably deserved it. LOL :D

Joking aside its pretty dirty no matter which way you look at it.

Sky have suspended him and he apologised by phone to the father and his daughter, he was also on Sky News earlier issuing a grovelling apology saying it was a moment of madness and he hopes he can apologises to them face-to-face.

Well that's something I've not seen before, Mauricio Pellegrino has been sacked as manager of Southampton at half time!!! They still have 45 minutes to play against Man City! :lol:

Puel's "boring" football isn't looking so boring any more :lol:

EDIT: I've just been informed that the red and white striped team playing against Man City is Stoke :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
Well that's something I've not seen before, Mauricio Pellegrino has been sacked as manager of Southampton at half time!!!
So although this didn't happen, it has previously happened.

Martin Jol was told he was sacked as Spurs manager, over the phone, at half-time in a UEFA Cup match against Getafe in 2007. Lower down the leagues, Chichester City sacked their manager at half time, in a game they were winning... And Toni Schumacher was sacked as manager of Fortuna Cologne during his half time team talk, in the dressing room, by the club's chairman.

Marco Silva and Mark Hughes favourites for the job, weird timing to be sacked.

Other news today is that Michael Carrick announced he will retire at the end of the season.

So although this didn't happen, it has previously happened.

Martin Jol was told he was sacked as Spurs manager, over the phone, at half-time in a UEFA Cup match against Getafe in 2007. Lower down the leagues, Chichester City sacked their manager at half time, in a game they were winning... And Toni Schumacher was sacked as manager of Fortuna Cologne during his half time team talk, in the dressing room, by the club's chairman.
That's why I said "I've not seen" because if I didn't I knew someone would rek me with facts

That's why I said "I've not seen" because if I didn't I knew someone would rek me with facts
Get Rekt. Actually, I think it's popped up in the football trivia thread, now I come to think of it.

Edit: Okay, that explains why I held this weirdly specific information in my head... I asked it in the football trivia thread :lol:

Last edited:
Martin Jol was told he was sacked as Spurs manager, over the phone, at half-time in a UEFA Cup match against Getafe in 2007.

Did they phone him up and tell him to "get aff"?

Harry Kane out for six weeks with ankle ligament damage.

Sky Sports have now suspended Jamie Carragher until the end of the season.

Mark Hughes in advanced talks with Southampton.

Ok now I get it, in Arsenal - AC Milan Danny Wellbeck has been taken out by a sniper or maybe aliens, therefore penalty is the right decision. 👍
What an amazing player and referee, the victory of the sport. :dunce:

Heavily reduced schedule for the PL this weekend because of the FA Cup #

Saturday
Bournemouth v West Brom
Huddersfield v Crystal Palace
Liverpool v Watford (5.30 Sky)
Stoke v Everton

Still two big games at the bottom of the table though.

My take on what he had to say yesterday is this.

Its great that he was full of passion and he did make some good points, but its doesn't excuse the performance on Tuesday night. It doesn't excuse the fact that whilst, as Jose pointed out, Sevilla are good team who are in the Spanish Cup final and have a good record in Europe, we should have done a lot better than what we did, we were the home team and I feel Sevilla were there for the taking, we were terrible and there was no desire or energy whatsoever, it was an embarrassment. his speech yesterday doesn't make up for that.

We play Brighton tonight in an FA Cup quarter final, its a big game....and I don't really feel like watching it, I will watch it but only because I feel I have too, not because I want too, after the other night I feel quite disheartened.

Tasty at the bottom. Palace winning, albion drawing, stoke losing atm. Forget will grigg. Cenk tosun is on fire. 4 in 3 now.

Last edited:
Full times.

Stoke 1-2 Everton
Huddersfield 0-2 Crystal Palace
Bournemouth 2-1 West Brom

West Brom went 1-0 up like last week.

Liverpool v Watford to come.

Liverpool won 5-0, Salah scored four and set up Firmino for the other, what a brilliant signing he has been!

Another class performance from Salah, and another crass press conference from Mourinho.

Liverpool won 5-0, Salah scored four and set up Firmino for the other, what a brilliant signing he has been!
He's been immense, next season will be the real tell though. Some players have a fantastic debut season but then get found out in the second season and aren't nearly as effective, that's why Fergie never liked signing a player after one good season. I think Salah looks like the real deal though, but he needs a second good season to actually become that.

Earlier Leganes beat the mighty Sevilla 2-1 and Sevilla had a player sent off

I really hate Man United right now!! :mad::mad::banghead:

International break happens from tomorrow, England have friendlies away to the Netherlands on Friday and then at home to Italy next Tuesday.

Wales meanwhile take part in a friendly tournament in China called the China Cup with three other nations. Uruguay, Czech Republic and err....China, tournament starts with Wales v China on Thursday morning UK time.

One of the more entertaining 2nd halfs in a long time today in Madrid.

7 goals were scored after the break.

Real Madrid 6 - 3 Girona. Ronaldo with 4 goals!

Great ending to the weekend. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back