Are transfer fees out of control?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

• Other Opinion

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Romelu Lukaku has always struck me as a player who should do better; should work harder. He really comes across like he isn't bothered when playing for both Everton and Belgium. Maybe he'll try harder now he is playing with a higher calibre of players.

I'm also interested to see where he fits into Mourinho's negative 4-6-0 formation.

I think Arsenal have the better deal on their hands here. Lacazette seems the much better proposition for less cash. As @Liquid says though, assuming Lukaku gets a bit of fire under him, he could bang in goals for fun in a team that requires a poacher to push forward. He's the perfect fit in that regard.

Romelu Lukaku has always struck me as a player who should do better; should work harder. He really comes across like he isn't bothered when playing for both Everton and Belgium. Maybe he'll try harder now he is playing with a higher calibre of players.

I'm also interested to see where he fits into Mourinho's negative 4-6-0 formation.
Mostly this.

Lukaku could turn a game on its head, even in an Everton shirt. In the six or seven minutes a game where he could be bothered. £75m seems like an absolutely insane amount of money, but he's still a kid, has loads of Premier League experience and perhaps Mourinho - who sold him to Everton in the first place - can get something better out of him. After all, he only needs to turn a couple of games round to be worth the money, and he was second top scorer in the Premier League last year and one of only two players to score two hat-tricks and a four-bagger (the other, for both, was Harry Kane).

What other top-twenty nation strikers are available at the moment anyway and for less money? Morata would have been nearly £70m too.

A better option than Morata but I do believe both City and Spurs have better striking options than Lukaku and that he's overall a downgrade on Zlatan.

Everton sources are saying that no deal has been agreed. Others are suggesting that it may be a power play by United to get Morata, by suggesting that they've got other options so they're not fussed if Real want to hold out on price and lose out on the transfer.

Personally I think it'd be hilarious if Lukaku moved to United and Everton used the money to get Morata :lol:

£75M for Lukaku :odd::crazy::scared::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

World's gone mad.

And I assume the £75M is made up of £25M for Lukaku, and another £50M to get Everton to take Rooney away.

Last edited:
I'm on the fence regarding the whole Lukaku thing, would really have Morata....or Kane.

Sky and BT have announced their first lot of PL fixtures they will be showing, the first game of the new PL season will be Arsenal v Leicester on the Friday Night Football on 11th of August, BT will have Brighton v Man City as their first game, Chelsea wont be televised that weekend meaning it'll be the first time since the 03/04 season that the defending champions wont have their game televised on the opening weekend of the following season.

I'm on the fence regarding the whole Lukaku thing, would really have Morata....or Kane.

Lukaku to United is a good way of off loading Fatboy and his £300k/wk wages.

Levy would have screwed you out of at least double the Lukaku fee for Kane... though IMO, he's worth more than double Lukaku.

John Brooks moves from Hertha to Wolfsburg for around 20 million Euro; a record amount for an American player.

Leicester City signed Vicente Iborra from Sevilla on a 4 year contract for £15 million.
Leicester also reportedly in advanced talks with City for Iheanacho. Should be around a 25 million Euro transfer.

Messi has to pay a fine instead of jail time for dodging taxes. €250000. That's about 30 hours of living gone to waste for him.

Man United have announced that have agreed a deal with Everton for Romelu Lukaku, £75 million rising to £90 million, Lukaku has to agree terms and pass a medical which is likely to happen in LA as that's were he is on holiday now, Rooney going in the opposite direction.

Man United have announced that have agreed a deal with Everton for Romelu Lukaku, £75 million rising to £90 million, Mino Raiola has to agree terms and pass a medical which is likely to happen in LA as that's were he is on holiday now, Rooney going in the opposite direction.
Edited for reality.

Raiola must have made £100m so far from United in the last two season.

I actually hate that man with a passion. He's one of the main people ruining football.

Edit: Raiola not Lukaku

Wayne Rooney has arrived at Everton training ground ahead of his medical.

20 year old Ajax player Abdelhak Nouri collapsed today during a friendly match with Werder Bremen, he suffered from heart arrhythmias and had to receive CPR and when he was stable enough he was airlifted to an hospital. He's out of danger now and is held in an induced coma.

Blegh. 20 years old. This is probably the end of a promising career.

AC Milan have bid 60 million Euro for Aubameyang with an offered contract of over 8 million Euro per year. The team have officially sold Juraj Kucka to Turkish side Trabzonspor for €5 million.

They also locked up Conti from Atalanta making him their 7th addition this summer:
Andre Silva (FC Porto) - €38 million
Andrea Conti (Atalanta) - €25 million (plus sending Matteo Pessina to Atalanta)
Hakan Calhanoglu (Bayer Levekusen) - €22 million
Ricardo Rodriguez (Wolfsburg) - €18 million
Mateo Mussachio (Villareal) - €18 million
Franck Kessie (Atalanta) - €28 million (€8 million two-year loan fee with a requirement to purchase at loan termination for an additional €20 million)
Fabio Borini (Sunderland) - €6 million (one year loan with a requirement to purchase at loan termination for €6 million)
Total Transfer Fees: €155 million (20,127,806,197.13 Yen)

Rooney has signed with Everton, two year deal.

The feels I've got right now :(:(:(

It looks like Everton will be getting Sigurdsson as well for about €32 million and they have also signed Onyekuru for €7 million, although he will be on loan at Anderlecht for the first of five years.

It looks like Everton will be getting Sigurdsson as well for about €32 million and they have also signed Onyekuru for €7 million, although he will be on loan at Anderlecht for the first of five years.
What's actually going on at Everton? Ignoring the fact that Lukaku has gone, as he's been leaving since about January, here's who they've signed just in this transfer window:

GK - Jordan Pickford - £30m, Sunderland
CB - Michael Keane - £30m, Burnley
MF - Davy Klaasen - £24m, Ajax
(FW - Henry Onyekuru - £7m, Eupen)
FW - Sandro Ramirez - £5.2m, Malaga
FW - Wayne Rooney - Free, Manchester United

And they've still got Leighton Baines, Ross Barkley, Aaron Lennon, Kevin Mirallas, Phil Jagielka... And they've got them all in before pre-season starts properly.

Could be a decent season for them. Any money on Everton finishing above Liverpool? :D

What's actually going on at Everton? Ignoring the fact that Lukaku has gone, as he's been leaving since about January, here's who they've signed just in this transfer window:

GK - Jordan Pickford - £30m, Sunderland
CB - Michael Keane - £30m, Burnley
MF - Davy Klaasen - £24m, Ajax
(FW - Henry Onyekuru - £7m, Eupen)
FW - Sandro Ramirez - £5.2m, Malaga
FW - Wayne Rooney - Free, Manchester United

And they've still got Leighton Baines, Ross Barkley, Aaron Lennon, Kevin Mirallas, Phil Jagielka... And they've got them all in before pre-season starts properly.

Could be a decent season for them. Any money on Everton finishing above Liverpool? :D
I'd love to see Everton have a decent season to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back