2017 Formula 1 Japanese Grand PrixFormula 1 

Man. You know what we need? Rain on Sunday. And terrible qualifying results for Max and Lewis.

Let them start at the back of the pack and give us 300km of Max and Lewis fighting each other in the rain while cutting through the field for a last lap decider.

Edit.

Bottas gets a 5 place penalty for changing the gearbox.

Last edited:
Instead it'll be bone dry with Hamilton and Vettel not passing each other once and Verstappen unceremoniously breaking down within the first 20 laps.

Almost looks like it

tmp-cam-93745729.jpg

Although I wish for rain on Sunday of course!

Both Bottas and Raikkonen out of FP3 with incidents at the exit of Spoon Curve and Degner 2, respectively.

With the already known grid penalties for tomorrows race we can expect an interesting starting grid after the quali.

HAM - VET row 1
VER - RIC row 2
BOT - RAI row 3-4 (after +5) or will others claim these spots?

Nice qualy to you all

Hamilton's pole is not so surprising, damp, cold, high speed session. He looks incredibly comfortable in that cockpit, especially compared to Bottas.

The big stories here are Bottas finally covering Vettel properly, and Ric pipping Max.

Not great for Vettel if he can't beat Bottas off the line tomorrow.

Haven't checked what the weather will be like tomorrow, but I'm hoping for rain.

Hamilton's pole is not so surprising, damp, cold, high speed session. He looks incredibly comfortable in that cockpit, especially compared to Bottas.

The big stories here are Bottas finally covering Vettel properly, and Ric pipping Max.

Not great for Vettel if he can't beat Bottas off the line tomorrow.

Haven't checked what the weather will be like tomorrow, but I'm hoping for rain.
Bottas has a 5 place grid penalty.

I swear why do i even bother watching Qualis when its always gonna be Hamilton on pole :indiff:

well i am not a big Hamilton fan,but you just have to say WOW to how he is performing this season!!!... again an incredible quali from him(and his car.... :eek:).

Little bit surprised the redbulls are not faster in especially the first and second sector...but according to some it could be down to the relatively low temps today...so hopefully tomorrow will be better....

Hoping for an exiting race tomorrow,but am afraid it could be a done deal after the first lap...hope i am wrong :D

Spy.

I swear why do i even bother watching Qualis when its always gonna be Hamilton on pole :indiff:
In my opinion, the "Q3" mode that the Merc have is what ruin races, especially with these cars getting highly affected by the turbulence air for the following car which damage performance and tyres.

Thought Hamilton was immense, broke the lap record three times and broke it by 1.2 seconds overall.

I mean, come on!!

I think Mercedes gave him some extra juice to make sure he finally got his Suzuka pole.

I think Mercedes gave him some extra juice to make sure he finally got his Suzuka pole.

Outside the fact he's dominated most of the 10 poles he's gotten this season, what extra juice? Easier to except he just put together one hell of a lap like he has been. He's just that much better in the car than Bottas.

Mercedes has an additional qualifying engine mode, which it sometimes uses for Q3.

Yes I know, doesn't change the fact that he still has to do something with it and shouldn't have anything taken away just because. Maybe his vegan eating is paying off.

Palmer leaves Renault after Japan.
Sainz will taken over the wheel.

Gasly has Kvyats car and Kvyat 'll get Sainz's car. Engine parts are unclear.

Edit: see message below: @spyrrari

Last edited:
Boy, Grosjean just doesn't have much luck lately, a drain in Malaysia and then a overly twitchy car in Japan. Magnussen seems happy enough with his performance given the conditions (is that standing water I see in the one shot of a crashed-Romain?). Hopefully the midfield will be entertaining, we already know Hamilton is probably going to walk this if nothing odd happens.

Back