2017 IMSA WeatherTech SCC - Round 6: Watkins GlenSports Cars 

• Thread starter GTRacer22
  • 91 comments
Watkins Glen entry list.

No Rebellion Racing and no Risi Competizione. :(
Rebellion said they couldn't make it happen with the logistics and not having access to a spare car already in the States. It's a shame too because their presence would have really shown how close the BoP is with their driver lineup by far being the best out of all the spec cars that race either full time or part time.

Rebellion said they couldn't make it happen with the logistics and not having access to a spare car already in the States. It's a shame too because their presence would have really shown how close the BoP is with their driver lineup by far being the best out of all the spec cars that race either full time or part time.
Yeah, I heard that. Probably also doesn't help that the 6 Hours of Nurburgring is also 2 weeks after Watkins Glen. It would be one hell of a logistical nightmare. It's a shame though, as I was looking forward to seeing them.

The Risi withdrawal is confusing though, as they have a car in the states already. The car they totaled at LM was a brand new car that they picked up there. It could be due to budget constraints, and lack of financial support from Ferrari though.

See why Le Mans is a risk? This is like NASCAR or Indy were most team if not all have a back up car on the ready. (general comment not aimed at GTRacer)
I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. Risi does have a backup car ready to go, the one they've used in IMSA up to this point. In fact, they planned to use it for Watkins Glen anyway while their brand new chassis (the one used at Le Mans) was shipped to the 'States.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at here. Risi does have a backup car ready to go, the one they've used in IMSA up to this point. In fact, they planned to use it for Watkins Glen anyway while their brand new chassis (the one used at Le Mans) was shipped to the 'States.

The brand new one was destroyed, so why are they not using the backup? Also I'm saying that Le Mans is a risk sadly because for IMSA teams if a car is wrecked the turn around from that race is a lot, since there is an Weathertech one soon after. Corvette had similar issue and are a bigger team, having to borrow the Labre Vette. Simply saying sadly there is a risk.

The brand new one was destroyed, so why are they not using the backup? Also I'm saying that Le Mans is a risk sadly because for IMSA teams if a car is wrecked the turn around from that race is a lot, since there is an Weathertech one soon after. Corvette had similar issue and are a bigger team, having to borrow the Labre Vette. Simply saying sadly there is a risk.
I'd imagine it's a money issue, but nobody seems to know. All we know is that they have a perfectly good racecar and they're not able to use it for some reason or another.

I'd imagine it's a money issue, but nobody seems to know. All we know is that they have a perfectly good racecar and they're not able to use it for some reason or another.

That's too bad, I just hope it's not Le Mans related.

IMG_6400.JPG

http://www.imsa.com/news/062017/imsa-cars-feature-patriotic-liveries-watkins-glen

I'd love to see them take the engineer from the GT3 M6 or even the Z4 engine and put that inside a P2 chassis. BMWin DPi would be fantastic

Not to mention Andretti specifically mentioned GTLM factory effort, because of more potential interest (i.e., GTE manufacturers interested in bolstering their IMSA efforts or joining IMSA). Ferrari or BMW are most definitely the most likely candidates.

I would expect a factory effort with BMW because they are already in a partnership with BMW in Formula E.

I would expect a factory effort with BMW because they are already in a partnership with BMW in Formula E.
Think that'd lead to 2 BMW squads in GTLM, or is RLL gonna lose its GTLM program with them? That's the only reason why I thought of Ferrari maybe, but then again it is open bidding for the BMW contract.

With PCARS it can be any mix of cars being driven by dolts though. :lol:

The race is tomorrow....right?
Main 6 Hour race is tomorrow at 10am. Today at 2:15 is the Continental Tire Series. You better be there to live comment with me

Today was a tiring day. Awesome to see Lally get his first pole during the GTD qualifying. P2's locked out the front row in Prototype, so that should be interesting.

Side note: the 911 RSR is ear-piercing (and that's not a bad thing at all).

Latest Posts

Back