2017 IMSA WeatherTech SCC - Round 6: Watkins GlenSports Cars 

• Thread starter GTRacer22
  • 91 comments
Did the bloody FSGO stream break? :confused: Sat there for 10 minutes wondering what was going on...gave up and put the broadcast back on DirecTv.

Edit: Also, about the Honda/Acura reliability....

Edit edit: Nevermind it was a broken suspension/axle.

Well it'd seem it wasn't engine related for the #86, reportedly had a damper failure from earlier contact, so gave way coming onto the corner.

I know the Mazda isn't particularly fast today but this is the closest they've been to the win today.

Well, this has built up to be an intense last few mins of the race.

Rooting for Simspon in the Oreca, as this would be some win if he could pull it off...

Edit: The #57 cursing Simpson in the same spot again...

Last edited:
It was a great race, GTLM was action packed as it always is, and it's great to see the #67 get 2nd :D. And in fairness to Corvette, they did very well for that podium, they certainly had to work for it (granted the late pitstop for the #912 helped, but still).

Last edited:
Good race, bad luck for Simpson and the #85 team, ugly coverage by Fox.

Congrats to BMW and what I believe is the first win for the M6 GTLM! Nicely done. 👍 Also props to the MSR boys for getting another win!

Pretty good race, good bounce back by the Corvette boys.
Garcia was catching up to Westbrook, a few more laps could have made it interesting. I missed most of the race but caught the last ~30min. Ill go back and watch the FS1 broadcast that I DVR'd. Good to see BMW finally win a race, they've been like the Cleveland Browns.

Congrats to the #5 for getting the win in the end, was an awesome battle for those last few laps. But a great job for the #85, really took it the #5 for latter part of the race, and was on fire in the mid part so that 2nd place is no mean feet. But also, great job on the podium for the #55 Mazda, really put in shift, and Bomarito was ringing that Mazdas neck in the last part 👍.

Congrats to BMW and what I believe is the first win for the M6 GTLM! Nicely done. 👍 Also props to the MSR boys for getting another win!

Indeed, good job BMW, and I believe you're right, it is their first win for the M6 GTLM, so nicely done indeed, props to them 👍.

Wonderful race, really picked up in the last 20 minutes.

Hopefully, this race shows all those P2 teams out there that you don't Need a DPi to win at all in IMSA.

What you need is factory drivers (or at least that one guy that takes no prisoners but can actually make a gap work), and some preferably good tires :lol:

Wonderful race, really picked up in the last 20 minutes.

Hopefully, this race shows all those P2 teams out there that you don't Need a DPi to win at all in IMSA.

What you need is factory drivers (or at least that one guy that takes no prisoners but can actually make a gap work), and some preferably good tires :lol:

Except for Mazda, they just need a fasterer engine. :P

Not sure the Rotary can get the job done today like it used to (especially with the Turbos coming on strong).

*cough*Rotary*cough*

I love the idea, sadly don't think it'll be a reality. (Trust me, I miss the old Grand Am RX-8 rotaries.)
But it leads me to two questions: (a) Do manufacturers in DPi have to use an engine based on a current production model, or can they make whatever they want? (b) If it's the former, does Mazda have a rotary in production anymore? I'm not sure they do, but I'm not a Mazda expert.

I love the idea, sadly don't think it'll be a reality. (Trust me, I miss the old Grand Am RX-8 rotaries.)
But it leads me to two questions: (a) Do manufacturers in DPi have to use an engine based on a current production model, or can they make whatever they want? (b) If it's the former, does Mazda have a rotary in production anymore? I'm not sure they do, but I'm not a Mazda expert.
Production based block IIRC. Basically a GT3 car engine.

Last edited:
Awesome race today. Walked all around the track and took many (and I really mean it, almost 2,000) photos. Nice to see BMW get their first win with the M6, as well as see MSR go back to back. WTR made a great rebound after their opening lap troubles.

Also, just PM me if you want any photos. I've probably got whatever you're looking for. :lol:

How many gigs is the photo folder? I have a 64GB flash drive I can dump it all on and sort through
I haven't even uploaded them yet, my camera battery was dead. :lol:

Given I shot it all in RAW format, the folder size will definitely huge.

Nice, my phone's resolution is really high so most pictures get pixelated a bit when made into wallpapers. These definitely won't :D

Mazda does not currently have a rotary in production. And I almost hope they don't bother. It's such a poor engine design overall.

Neat for what it is, but not efficient. In most ways at all....

But, it does scream well... ;)

I have heard rumors of a new rotary being in the works. But I've not heard if it will actually happen or not.

WAIT

BMW WINNING GTLM?

WHAT IS THIS

(Also goddammit Porsche, they seem to be going downhill with each race...)

Back