2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments

Happened to have this next to me during the announcement
102520-2.jpg

Also, it's great to see the bud livery back and I'm about to lose $80 on the diecast lol

Last edited:
Not knocking the effort but without the right font and sponsors, it looks like a bad imitation. Honestly, they could've done this instead:

s-l1600.jpg
There's only so much they can do. It's like his Darlington car, it's not gonna be 100% recreation just because of contracts and money. It could lose the boxes around Mountain Dew and Nationwide, but it's still better than taking the regular car and making it monochrome.

Is there anyone aside from Kenseth (at this moment) who could get a retirement car that's a near duplicate of their original?

Not knocking the effort but without the right font and sponsors, it looks like a bad imitation. Honestly, they could've done this instead:

s-l1600.jpg
I'm pretty sure Junior doesn't want to be reminded of that particular part of his career, considering it was what eventually made him leave for Hendrick in the first place. Also, the E-stripes would probably look terrible on the current car (not that they look that great to begin with, but y'know).

s-l1600.jpg

No they couldn't, this is supposed to be Jr's fairwell. Having that wouldn't be celebrating Jr, it would overshadowing him again with his father (which isn't the point). Also, that would look hideous on the current car.

Happened to have this next to me during the announcement
102520-2.jpg

Also, it's great to see the bud livery back and I'm about to lose $80 on the diecast lol

I have this and the special livery coke one that he and his dad drove in 2000. Never been opened either. Now I'm going to be short on cash for the Darlington and Homestead cars...

Is there anyone aside from Kenseth (at this moment) who could get a retirement car that's a near duplicate of their original?

Denny Hamlin and Jimmie Johnson would both be easy presuming their sponsors are still on board when they retire. Martin Truex would also be possible as Bass Pro Shops sponsored him when he was a rookie in 2006.

Via Jayski on my phone:

Levine Family Racing is honoring Alan Kulwicki's rookie season at Darlington.

Harry Scott, former owner of HScott Motorsport and co-owner of Turner-Scott Motorsport, is dead at 51.

Denny Hamlin and Jimmie Johnson would both be easy presuming their sponsors are still on board when they retire. Martin Truex would also be possible as Bass Pro Shops sponsored him when he was a rookie in 2006.

If I recall, they still sponsor him.

Harry Scott, former owner of HScott Motorsport and co-owner of Turner-Scott Motorsport, is dead at 51.

Wait, what? What happened? That's just...out of nowhere.

Last edited:
They do, which is why I mentioned him, but there may be issues since his 2006 scheme used the DEI stripes and I'm not sure if those are trademarked or not.
DEI is DNF'd so it would be up to the designers at this point

EDIT: Double Post 🤬🤬🤬🤬 Please combine, mods

DEI is DNF'd so it would be up to the designers at this point

Somebody still holds the trademarks though presuming they haven't let them expire and considering how much money Earnhardt's name still draws I doubt any trademark related to him has been allowed to do that. I'm also guessing a certain "wicked witch of the west" type figure holds those rights and she doesn't seem like the easiest person to work with (she is suing her step-son after all).

Anyways, Truex is hopefully not going to pull a Carl Edwards on us and will still be around for some time considering he's running as good as he ever has right now so who knows if BPS will still be with him when the time comes.

Somebody still holds the trademarks though presuming they haven't let them expire and considering how much money Earnhardt's name still draws I doubt any trademark related to him has been allowed to do that. I'm also guessing a certain "wicked witch of the west" type figure holds those rights and she doesn't seem like the easiest person to work with (she is suing her step-son after all).

Anyways, Truex is hopefully not going to pull a Carl Edwards on us and will still be around for some time considering he's running as good as he ever has right now so who knows if BPS will still be with him when the time comes.
On the E stripes? Maybe the remnants of Action Diecast. But yeah Teresa **shudders**

Here's my prediction:
-SHR shutters the 41 team and sells its charter to pay some bills
-The Monster sponsorship moves to Bowyer and the 14 to fill that funding gap
-Danica retires (to become Mrs. Stenhouse and start a family or whatever)
-Kenseth takes over the 10 (with Gibson on the pit box) on a one-year deal to keep the seat warm for Custer when he's (hopefully) ready to move up in '19

Ford pays them to run 4 cars

BK Racing is not in a good way. They are claiming that Gray Gaulding's backers owe them enough money for them to terminate the deal, and now there's a tax lean being levied on the operation.

BK Racing is not in a good way. They are claiming that Gray Gaulding's backers owe them enough money for them to terminate the deal, and now there's a tax lean being levied on the operation.

I know that they'll be in business until at least Darlington, but it's a shock that they haven't been shut down yet. Maybe the IRS is holding out SOME hope that BK will get the lien paid off or something like that.

Back