2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
Every time I hear the word Playoffs I instantly think of Jim Mora's "Playoffs?" rant during his tenure as the Colts head coach. :lol:

So, we're hardly 30 laps into the first race, and Stenhouse had practicly eliminated himself by

1.) Hitting the wall, and pitting early.
2.) Commitment cone violation getting to pit road.

Green flag stops show:

78 - Too Fast Exiting
3 - Too Fast Entering

Time to start shooting themselves in the foot!

Wonder where that leaves McDowell? The 95 was showing signs of respectability with McDowell. Always thought if given decent equipment, that he could run top 10 and maybe challenge for a win here and there. Feel the same way about Dibenedetto as well, but he signed on with the 32 for another year.

McDowell was really impressive in the 95 car. After 27 races, he's completed more laps than any other driver. He's higher in points than Chris Buescher, A.J. Allmendinger, and Danica Patrick, while clearly driving a slower car.

Attachments

• Laps.PNG
    Laps.PNG
    189.6 KB · Views: 20
Cody Ware is apparently back in a Cup car for New Hampshire. :yuck:

That kid's sorry ass needs to be dragged out far more urgently than Danica Patrick's, and that's not something I would usually say.

Cody Ware is apparently back in a Cup car for New Hampshire. :yuck:

That kid's sorry ass needs to be dragged out far more urgently than Danica Patrick's, and that's not something I would usually say.

Removing his dad would be a good start to that.

It is about damn time. Having so many teams fail so often kinda looks bad. It was a matter of time before someone lost an entire session.

I like how not only do they miss track time, they have to sit in their cars on pit road for the entire duration of the penalty. It's like they have literally been put on time-out. :lol:
I remember seeing Truex doing the same a few weeks ago. I knew he'd been penalized, I just didn't know it was part of the rule they had to be in there.

Apparently people didn't like they made Joey do that for the full hour. They can stick it because amazingly NASCAR has held firm on the practice penalties all year. I do find it funny that the teams are trying to say it's NASCAR's fault for all the penalties when it's become a per-session problem.

This is one time where I think NASCAR is as on top of it as they can be.

Apparently people didn't like they made Joey do that for the full hour. They can stick it because amazingly NASCAR has held firm on the practice penalties all year. I do find it funny that the teams are trying to say it's NASCAR's fault for all the penalties when it's become a per-session problem.

This is one time where I think NASCAR is as on top of it as they can be.

Its more the fact that they could've accomplished the exact same purpose by simply forcing the team out of the garage for the rest of the session (Driver included) with the car in said garage instead of making the driver sit in the car on pit road to slow cook like a Honey baked ham. Yeah, failing inspection four times In a row is beyond unacceptable with a team like Penske (and is just asking for someone to lose their job on the team if they haven't figured it out the first time), but wouldn't sending the message be muuuch more sensible by removing them both activity wise and physically from the track?

Aaaannnnnnndddddddd Stenhouse again finds the wall early on in a "Playoff" race.

Remind me again why he was anything but Xfinity material at best?

Oh, that's right! Rousch is dying off and hasn't had anybody remotely decent since Kenseth and Edwards.

Its more the fact that they could've accomplished the exact same purpose by simply forcing the team out of the garage for the rest of the session (Driver included) with the car in said garage instead of making the driver sit in the car on pit road to slow cook like a Honey baked ham. Yeah, failing inspection four times In a row is beyond unacceptable with a team like Penske (and is just asking for someone to lose their job on the team if they haven't figured it out the first time), but wouldn't sending the message be muuuch more sensible by removing them both activity wise and physically from the track?
The problem I see is that basically becomes a suspension as that's NASCAR's go-to for suspended crew memebers. If they have to be in the car, do they have to have the helmet on and the window net up? I mean, Joey's...significant other (don't know, don't care) was able to be down there and interact with him during practice, so safety isn't a massive concern. The only other thing I can think of is that perhaps NASCAR wants to keep an eye on the teams. Why? Hell if I know.

Aaaannnnnnndddddddd Stenhouse again finds the wall early on in a "Playoff" race.

Oh, that's right! Rousch is dying off and hasn't had anybody remotely decent since Kenseth and Edwards.
He just bumped it, nothing out of the ordinary. I'm kinda surprised NASCAR didn't throw a caution because of it...oh wait, it's still early. Gotta wait until the end so they can "have an exciting natural finish".:yuck:

And hilariously, He loaned the most decent driver to the Gadscheckters while the only new comer (Ty Majeski) is nowhere near ready for cup.. Great choice. Just goes to show that unfortunately, Plate wins are crapshoot literally anyone can win. Just at this point waiting for Fenway to finally wake the hell up and see the investment isn't producing squat.

Just waiting at this point for it to die off just as RPM soon will.

OK, sooo...they still hand out money for end-of-season standings, right? There's been one thing that I've never heard anything about since the "playoff" system began, how are the eliminated drivers ranked? Do they keep going for points even though they are out of the title hunt? Do their points get bumped back down to what they would be had they not been raised to 2000?

NBC looks to be trying to start 🤬 again.

Back