2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
Every driver that has made it to the top level in any Motorsport discipline has had some money behind them. Where that money comes from seems fairly irrelevant to me unless it was obtained via illegal methods.

As for Chase, he's 21, give the guy a chance for crying out loud!

Roush Racing is going to honor Robert Yates with this throwback this weekend, which replicates the Davey Allison/Ernie Irvan years of the 28 car.

It is probably also conveniently hiding the fact that Stenhouse doesn't have any sponsorship for this weekend. This definitely beats seeing Ford EcoBoost on the hood for another week.

Every driver that has made it to the top level in any Motorsport discipline has had some money behind them. Where that money comes from seems fairly irrelevant to me unless it was obtained via illegal methods.
And high-dollar companies are increasingly leaning more towards sponsoring drivers rather than teams, just to make sure they don't get saddled with a backmarker. As time goes on, the trend of drivers bringing their own money to the team is going to be a lot more commonplace.

Roush Racing is going to honor Robert Yates with this throwback this weekend, which replicates the Davey Allison/Ernie Irvan years of the 28 car.

It is probably also conveniently hiding the fact that Stenhouse doesn't have any sponsorship for this weekend. This definitely beats seeing Ford EcoBoost on the hood for another week.

Interesting that they didn’t have sponsorship for th final race of the year. You’d imagine at least one company would hop on board knowing it’s the last chance you’ll see the car for the year.

Interesting that they didn’t have sponsorship for th final race of the year. You’d imagine at least one company would hop on board knowing it’s the last chance you’ll see the car for the year.
Not that it matters much, but this weekend is Phoenix, not Homestead.

It would make more sense to see Ford EcoBoost sponsorship on a car or two at "Ford Championship Weekend" at the Homestead finale.

Not that it matters much, but this weekend is Phoenix, not Homestead.

It would make more sense to see Ford EcoBoost sponsorship on a car or two at "Ford Championship Weekend" at the Homestead finale.
l

Ah, originally when i saw the news somewhere else I must’ve thought it was talking about Homestead...

Aric Almirola is confirmed officially to drive for SHR next season.
IMG_1640.JPG

At the press conference, Tony Stewart said he would be open to running an Xfinity race or two next year. Possibly on one of the road courses.

No Danica AND a decent driver gets a nice ride for once (whilst leaving a somewhat nice ride open for Wallace Jr). All is well again (For the moment..)

No Danica AND a decent driver gets a nice ride for once (whilst leaving a somewhat nice ride open for Wallace Jr). All is well again (For the moment..)
Unless something decent opens up for Kenseth, I'm still going to be very disappointed. It's really crappy to watch him go out, when Tony, Jeff, and Dale all got grand send offs from every track for an entire year each of the last three years. Kenseth is absolutely still a better driver than over half the field that's booked for next year.

Unless something decent opens up for Kenseth, I'm still going to be very disappointed. It's really crappy to watch him go out, when Tony, Jeff, and Dale all got grand send offs from every track for an entire year each of the last three years. Kenseth is absolutely still a better driver than over half the field that's booked for next year.

I feel Kenseth may try his hand elsewhere. Sportscars is getting good and he's not exactly new to racing in the 24 hour so maybe...?

To be honest, Kenseth seems like exactly the kind of guy who wouldn't want a big fuss about his leaving. Probably even moreso when you consider how Jeff, Tony and Junior had their farewell years all end with more of a wet splat than a big bang.

To be honest, Kenseth seems like exactly the kind of guy who wouldn't want a big fuss about his leaving. Probably even moreso when you consider how Jeff, Tony and Junior had their farewell years all end with more of a wet splat than a big bang.

Actually, Gordon's was kinda decent. Got into the final four in his final season (Last win at Martinsville, which will always be memorable), didn't have the biggest chance but went out as a contender. The others though, I would agree.

I agree that I don't think he would want the fanfare, but I do think he deserved the ability to make the decision for himself about when he was going to step away. I'm still amazed that he can't find a good opportunity.

I feel Kenseth may try his hand elsewhere. Sportscars is getting good and he's not exactly new to racing in the 24 hour so maybe...?
Ain't gonna lie, I hope it's this. He would be awesome as a driver in the GTD class, or even a driver for a slightly less factory GTLM team.

Today's race will decide the final 4.

If Brad Keselowski finishes ahead of the 11, 21, 24 & 48, he will advance.

Denny Hamlin needs to make up 19 points on Keselowski or win to advance.

Ryan Blaney has to win, or Hamlin and Keselowski have to have really bad days for him to advance. He starts on pole.

Chase Elliott and Jimmie Johnson have to win to advance.

Hey, look! The #11 and #24 were able to race side by side, and they didn't wreck each other!

Now can we please have NBC shut up about this 🤬 nonexistent "rivalry"?

Hey, look! The #11 and #24 were able to race side by side, and they didn't wreck each other!

Now can we please have NBC shut up about this 🤬 nonexistent "rivalry"?
Give it till 30 to go, then it'll be Talladega all over again like it was Friday.

Jimmie johnson blow a tire with less than a lap left in stage 2!
Caution is out! Jimmie Johnson will not compete for the Championship at Homestead!

Edit: Hamlin leads at the end of stage 2.

It looks like Kenseth's only chance is for Hamlin to get a speeding penalty during pit stops.

Latest Posts

Back