2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
My take on the stages system.

I don't mind it that much what other people think because there still is awards for winning the first 2 stages, however it's still completely 🤬 how any effort is pointless as you could dominate the first 2 stages and suddenly lose to someone in the 3rd stage who absolutely sucked in the first 2 stages.

Not to mention despite what I said, these awards are completely counterintuitive to the Win & Your In Chase system

If they wanted to split the races, they should've just done it Touring Car style, not Rally style.

Welp, looks like another year of only watching the 500 and road course races. :rolleyes:

Really the part that makes me dislike it the most is that it's so needlessly complex that you just know the commentators will give an in-depth run down of the format every single race. That's of course on top of the usual explaining the basics every race (This has to be the worst thing about NASCAR coverage).

It's amazing to think just a few short years ago I would get bummed if I had to miss a race.

What NASCAR fans did they even consult,

You know those people that buy NASCAR onsies for their babies? They asked the babies.

It's not a hard problem to fix...

>Wave green flag to start 200 lap race.
>If car crashes, wave caution flag
>Allow pits uder caution, let cars get back on lead lap with wave around
>Restart race, repeat process
>First car on lead lap at the end of final lap wins
>Give points according to finishing order
>Car with most points at end of 36 races is champion

Now was that too hard to follow?

I may just go watch IMSA and the WEC from now on. Hell, I'll even give F1 another chance...

If I could actually watch it, I would go and see what this fuss is all about. Though talk about Mario Kart/Party like screw overs and complication :lol:

I may just go watch IMSA and the WEC from now on.

I like that idea!! Heard it worked for many years! I'll probably be watching some more IMSA and IndyCar too.

I may just go watch IMSA and the WEC from now on. Hell, I'll even give F1 another chance...

I may add that just the top 10 finishers receive points only.

Wins, top 5 and top 10 are the biggest stats TV usually show.

LET'S MAKE @Leadfoot530 THE NEW CEO OF NASCAR STAT

I may add that just the top 10 finishers receive points only.

Wins, top 5 and top 10 are the biggest stats TV usually show.
I don't mind if lower place positions also get points. Especially since there's 40 drivers but adding extra weight in the Top 10 would work.

One big question i have, do they give the top 10 of each stage FULL points ( as in 1st in stage 1 gets 40 points ) and what if someone that gets 1 playoff point but does NOT make the playoffs,what happens?

Drum roll please....:
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...ar-announces-new-race-format-2017-season.html

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/1/23/new-nascar-race-format-2017-announced.html
Good bye NASCAR, tired of this crap.
tumblr_m69m2t746z1rxp0b7o1_500.gif
Well, whoever said that they'll pass it of as "what the fans want" called it. Aside from that, please tell me that this won't affect the Daytona 500 or even the 600. Other than that, I'm dropping NASCAR's social pages, and I suggest everyone else just step back, let it die, and remember it as it was and not what it became

One big question i have, do they give the top 10 of each stage FULL points ( as in 1st in stage 1 gets 40 points ) and what if someone that gets 1 playoff point but does NOT make the playoffs,what happens?
Article says the first 2 stages points are 10, 9, 8......

If they don't make it to the playoffs then tough luck, your playoff points are worthless.

Reading the changes like
271.gif

WTF? I severely dislike NASCAR, but these format changes are completely stupid. I feel sorry for NASCAR fans now, what is wrong with awarding the championship to the person who scores the most points at the checquered flag at the end of the season?

Because for some reason winning the championship without winning a race is a "bad thing" no matter how consistent you were.
Reading the changes like
271.gif

WTF? I severely dislike NASCAR, but these format changes are completely stupid. I feel sorry for NASCAR fans now, what is wrong with awarding the championship to the person who scores the most points at the checquered flag at the end of the season?

Because for some reason winning the championship without winning a race is a "bad thing" no matter how consistent you were.

What I find most odd is the season that triggered the land slide NASCAR is in was actually rather good despite Kenseth's point domination.

Going to be really hard for a driver to pull a Kyle Busch circa 2015 now without winning races in the play-offs

My take on the stages system.

I don't mind it that much what other people think because there still is awards for winning the first 2 stages, however it's still completely 🤬 how any effort is pointless as you could dominate the first 2 stages and suddenly lose to someone in the 3rd stage who absolutely sucked in the first 2 stages.

Not to mention despite what I said, these awards are completely counterintuitive to the Win & Your In Chase system

If they wanted to split the races, they should've just done it Touring Car style, not Rally style.
They did. Except instead of three separate races over a weekend it's just combined into one.

I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember the crazy pit rules that NASCAR started in 1991 after that horrible crash in the pits at Atlanta. But, I think that is the only thing that NASCAR has done that is stupider than this new format.

Back