2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
The racing was good, but would have been better if a yellow had been flown to bunch 'em up for the finish and maybe get some of that traditional Bristol bump and run. As it was, it was too professional, too classy and too gentlemanly. And it lacked a good fistfight after the finish. NASCAR needs to bring Bristol back to a one-groove status.

Really stupid speeding penalty for Larson. I highly doubt he was speeding.

I really think Larson would have won the race if he didn't get that penalty. He was almost untouchable when he had 4 tires.
Right. If they are going to use math to calculate the speed, they should also calculate the shorter distance from the inside lane to the outside lane around a curve.

And IF the whole idea of pit lane speed is safety then what in the hell difference does it make how fast, why the hell was there even a segment, he was in the last pit box!

There is no reason to have a pit segment after the pits have ended. Just stupid.

IMG_0775.JPG

Mark me as not surprised but NASCAR needs to keep him around in some form or another for their own sake. Was never a fan really but he seems like a great guy nowadays and I was never upset to see him run well.

I kinda figured it was gonna happen soon after he said he was holding off re-signing his contract at the start of the year pending a health evaluation. Much as I hate to see Junior hang it up, I reckon he'd like to enjoy family life without having his brain reduced to a scrambled mess from one too many concussions, so it's quite understandable.

Back