2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
Penske cars were making holes early, now were back to traditional quad-oval crap.

Jr is falling off, Truex had vibrations, Larson wins stage 1 and can park it until the last 10 laps (I assume).

Penske cars were making holes early, now were back to traditional quad-oval crap.

Jr is falling off, Truex had vibrations, Larson wins stage 1 and can park it until the last 10 laps (I assume).
I don't think they are parking for this race.

In other news, Matt Kenneth has an oil leak, so he's probably gonna be out of the running.

I don't think they are parking for this race.

In other news, Matt Kenneth has an oil leak, so he's probably gonna be out of the running.
Kenseth is behind the wall with an oil cooler leak.

Bowyer, and Johnson are on the options...does anyone else think white lettering would have been more fitting?

Jr. Having some serious handling issues. Currently in last out of the cars still running.

Edit: Larson get's stage 2.

does anyone else think white lettering would have been more fitting?

It's pretty much impossible for me to tell the difference since I have issues with yellow and certain shades of green (one of which is currently in use), so white would indeed be great. I do like there being an option tire though.

I'm confused. You have to put on all the option tires at once. But later you can come back in and change one side back to yellows if you want. So how is Bowyer still leading if he came back down to take to green tires off?

14 trying to skirt the rulebook. The rule is all four greens have to be put on at the same time, nothing said about only changing two of them the next stop...I'd like it more if Bowyer wasn't dropping like a stone.

Keselowski scuffed the greens, then got yellows before the restart.

I'm confused. You have to put on all the option tires at once. But later you can come back in and change one side back to yellows if you want. So how is Bowyer still leading if he came back down to take to green tires off?
The rule only applied on the restart after the tires were installed. It's likely an oversight by NASCAR, but I applaud the 14 team for trying it...it hasn't worked, but still

21 is loose. And because the 2 put the greens on, even thought they ran 0 green flag laps, they've used them up according to NASCAR and cannot put them back on the car.

JJ wins Stage three, 42 and 48 locked into finale.

Finale 10 drivers:
42-Larson (S1&2)
48-Johnson (S3)
18-Kyle Busch
4-Harvick
41-Kurt Busch
1-McMurray
11-Hamlin
2-Keselowski
24-Elliott
22-Logano

14-Bowyer is first car out, and of course he's complaining about it.

Last edited:
Guess who accurately predicted the cover driver for Nascar Heat 2 ;)

Now to wait for that email..

At least Larson had a great move to steal second from JJ at the end of the race. That and the final restart were the only dramatic moves in the final segment.

Wait, Kyle actually won a Cup race at Charlotte? Like...really? Not just a segment?

Missed the race, but glad to see Gibbs finally find something this year, even if it wasn't a points race. Even happier that is was Busch!

Also picked him in the fan vote to win, so I don't know if that does anything. somebody mentioned an e-mail...?

Calling it now: Since Gibbs won the All Star Race, their cars will be bad fast next year, and even if they aren't, people will still complain about Toyotas and they're paying NASCAR for wins.

Missed the race, but glad to see Gibbs finally find something this year, even if it wasn't a points race. Even happier that is was Busch!

Also picked him in the fan vote to win, so I don't know if that does anything. somebody mentioned an e-mail...?

If you voted for him on the Nascar Heat 2 site, chances are you're already entered to win and the winner will receive that email.

Introducing, for the Coca Cola 600...
IMG_0880.JPG

Lightning McBuescher!

Also, turns out I'm wrong as There is some actual interesting racing from Nascar: K&N Pro Series. Why? Because it hasn't been touched. And for those still having issues with Cup drivers in lower series, there are none here (though expect to hear some familiar last names).
There's also the Pinty's Series, if the Canadian-ness is OK with American viewers. :sly:

But I reckon it's almost entirely not live, and the broadcasts are condensed.

There's also the Pinty's Series, if the Canadian-ness is OK with American viewers. :sly:

But I reckon it's almost entirely not live, and the broadcasts are condensed.

Live it is most certainly not, but last I watched one it was the full race, no condensing.

Has anyone else read up on what FOX is doing for the Pocono Xfinity race? It's gonna be covered ENTIRELY by Cup Drivers:

Commentary Booth: Kevin Harvick, Joey Logano, and Clint Bowyer.

Pit Reporters: Ryan Blaney, Erik Jones, and Ricky Stenhouse.

Hollywood Hotel (aka the most likely fight): Denny Hamlin and Danica Patrick.

Has anyone else read up on what FOX is doing for the Pocono Xfinity race? It's gonna be covered ENTIRELY by Cup Drivers:

Commentary Booth: Kevin Harvick, Joey Logano, and Clint Bowyer.

Pit Reporters: Ryan Blaney, Erik Jones, and Ricky Stenhouse.

Hollywood Hotel (aka the most likely fight): Denny Hamlin and Danica Patrick.

that will be fun

Back