2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
Doc-Rivers-In-Disbelief-GIF.gif

Austin Dillon - first driver since David Reutimann of 2009 to make his FIRST CAREER CUP SERIES VICTORY ON THE COKE 600!

I can honestly say I haven't been this happy about a win since Dale Jr. won the '01 Firecracker 400. The #3 back where it belongs, in Victory Lane!

Damn if I knew the race was going to run so long I would've watched the finish after work, I just assumed it would've been run and won hours ago.

Austin Dillons win is the first time since October 15th, 2000 that the #3 has been to Victory lane in the Cup Series.
That's 16 years, 7 months, and 14 days.

Who would have guessed that both of those guys would have a win before Kyle Busch this year? :crazy:

I sure wouldn't have, and I'm about as disappointed at Busch himself. I don't know what it is with Gibbs, this year, but they just aren't there like last year.

Hamlin hasn't done much the past few years, although he did win a few races last year.
Kenseth seems to have really fallen off since 2013. I think losing that shot at the Championship in Phoenix that year really took it's toll on that team. He's had a few good runs as of late.
Suarez is doing okay, but I think he, along with Jones cpuld have used one more year in Xfinity to mature a bit more as drivers. Edwards really left a hole when he left.
Busch is a factor almost every week, but he just needs that little extra boost to get to Victory Lane. I'm sure all the second place finishes has worn on the team, and Kyle's attitude. Once he breaks through, everything will be right as rain.

It just baffles me as to why Gibbs is struggling so much, yet Truex can take an affiliated car and practicly win whenever he wants to.

Kyle did have a runaway win going earlier this year that was only lost because of a very late caution when Logano hit the wall. Was it at California? It's not like the 18 team hasn't been fast, or had chances to win. They will break through soon enough with a win.

EDIT: it was Phoenix, six laps to go.

Back