2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
It is interesting that JGR seems to be struggling a bit, after a couple strong years. Seems like the Chevy and especially the Ford teams have made some big gains over the off season.

It is interesting that JGR seems to be struggling a bit, after a couple strong years. Seems like the Chevy and especially the Ford teams have made some big gains over the off season.

I feel Ford is still the one to beat with the most consistent Chevy being the one in Larson's hands, and the best Toyota being either Truex or Busch. To me that's not a good thing if people are expecting an "anyone can win" type battle for the Chase.

I suppose it doesn't help that it was on the same weekend that a crazy 500 was on as well, with a winner that I'm positive nobody predicted.

5:00 - R.I.P. Headphone users

Hell, that makes his post race interviews seem pretty tame.

That was hilarious. Kyle Busch just letting it all out tasted like an ice cream sundae on a hot summer day. I have no idea why, but I just busted out laughing when it dawned on him that he lost

Finally got around to watching the race. Well, at least the first 350 laps. Despite recording 3 programs beyond the race, I still missed the end (thank you, mother nature :grumpy:).

I'm probably about as surprised as anyone else at the result. Didn't think we'd see Stenhouse and Dillon win in the same season. And yet somehow Elliott and Blaney still sit there winless.

Jayski article backs that up, And says they may add more segments, possibly FIVE TOTAL, AND there's a line about Bristol being five 100 lap features. How are all the drivers cool with this?
Drivers don't really have a choice. They either keep driving and hold back any negative opinions that could get them fined or leave the sport. I doubt most would choose the latter and I'm sure there's a few that don't really care anyways.

Drivers don't really have a choice. They either keep driving and hold back any negative opinions that could get them fined or leave the sport. I doubt most would choose the latter and I'm sure there's a few that don't really care anyways.

NASCAR gets closer to a stick and ball sport by each passing week. If I was a driver, I would not be cool with this at all.

Man, Jeff Gordon, Carl Edwards, Stewart, and Dale Jr. left at the right time.

And speaking of this FIVE segment nonsense, is this going to be for each series, including the Xfinity and Trucks?

God HELP us if this nonsense goes down to the K&N series...

Can't SOMEONE like Richard Petty speak out against this nonsense? If the King, or some drivers like Cale Yarborough, Junior Johnson, etc., speak out against the format, one would hope the NASCAR brass would listen!

Can't SOMEONE like Richard Petty speak out against this nonsense? If the King, or some drivers like Cale Yarborough, Junior Johnson, etc., speak out against the format, one would hope the NASCAR brass would listen!

Knowing Brian France, he'd kick them out of the Hall of Fame for "Actions Detrimental to the Sport."

I guess if there's anything to lay hope on, it's that if it doesn't work and they don't change, something will replace it eventually.

Lord Jesus...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

*at nascrud*
youre_serious_futurama.gif

But... that won't help our ratings with millennials!
You know what, I think that's the issue. Why does any organization pine for specific demographics? Surely having a product worth experiencing by anyone would be more sensible than chasing a bunch of teens and 20-somethings who...I better stop there.

Anyone watching the truck race? The K&N Pro series driver Todd Gilliland is making his series debut, and is running second!

Back