2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
Edit: Will they re-apply the glue stuff?
I heard someone on PRN say during yesterday's Xfinity series race, that you would need a power washer to get that resin off the track, so it should still be there when the rain stops. So no, they probably won't reapply it.

I heard someone on PRN during yesterday's Xfinity series race, that you would need a power washer to get that resin off the track, so it should still be there when it stops. So no, they probably won't reapply it.
It looks like mother nature has taken that as a challenge...they may need a boat down there.

I know one thing's for sure: Charlotte ≠ Nurburgring.

You can't race in the rain on NASCAR (or indycar ovals) compared to sportscar racing...

Now they're showing old school Talledaga racing. I don't know if showing something that will be better than what we're waiting for is a good idea. :sly:

Blaney broke an broken axle.
They got it fixed and got him back on track and he only lost 5 laps so props to his mechanics.

Truex Jr. leads at the end of stage 2. Johnson looks to have a good long run car.

Denny Hamlin leads at the end of stage 3. Dale Earnhardt crosses the line in 9th. 100 laps to go.

Maybe France should talk to Atherton to ask how to properly score a race that gives points in segments. It's not like NASCAR and IMSA headquarters are in the same building or something. 💡

Is it just me or is this race taking effing forever?

Even without Mother Nature, this race is just dragging on at this point. Heck, I was about done at the end of stage three.

NASCAR has to do something about moving these stages along quicker, whether it be shortening the caution periods or eliminating them altogether. This is just overkill at this point.

Back