2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
RBHRT reveal today
I couldn't be less enthusiastic if I tried. I'm expecting something ordinary; consistent with the corporate image, but completely lacking in imagination. Which is a crying shame, since it's the first reveal and should get us excited for the upcoming season.

No idea on time was on SVG's snapchat haha. I'm not expecting anything amazing at all, I hated last years livery and then it grew on me but I don't think this will at all. Hoping Lowndes gets his reveal today too.

No idea on time was on SVG's snapchat haha. I'm not expecting anything amazing at all, I hated last years livery and then it grew on me but I don't think this will at all. Hoping Lowndes gets his reveal today too.
They'll reveal Craig's car separately on another day so that they don't steal attention from one another.

I couldn't be less enthusiastic if I tried. I'm expecting something ordinary; consistent with the corporate image, but completely lacking in imagination. Which is a crying shame, since it's the first reveal and should get us excited for the upcoming season.
We already know what they are going to look like anyway. Consistent with the F1 livery = satin finish.

IMG_20170118_182912.jpg

Simmons Plains and Perth will be interesting on the Super Softs.

According to Aaron Noonan on twitter. All they've done is, relabel the hard tyre to soft and the new tyre to super soft.

Glad, that they've finally come to their senses and dumped the sprint round format for Pukekohe. Long overdue.

Red Bull revealed. The matte colours are cool but just like their past liveries, I'm pretty underwhelmed. Also, not a big fan of the font they're using for the windows numbers and names.

C2fiqBTUoAAth7R.jpg

Last edited:
I doff mine cap to Roland Dane. He convinced Simon McNamara to give him millions of dollars, and all McNamara has to show for it is a few decals that are as dark as the base colour of the livery.

I guess sharks do eat sharks after all.

Looks like they also stole the Collingwood partnership from Walkinshaw too. So there's one more reason to hate them now. :P

I was hoping some clever person would combine those Red Bull and Lion logos....Kinda like a Bull vs Lion design, a bull on one side of that circle and lion on the other.

I doff mine cap to Roland Dane. He convinced Simon McNamara to give him millions of dollars, and all McNamara has to show for it is a few decals that are as dark as the base colour of the livery.

It was always going to be interesting to see what they'd do, considering they can't use the lion and helmet logo anymore. Thought they would have come up with something more interesting than just Holden slapped across the rear quarters. It looks like a complete afterthought.

You'd think that they could do a lion and bull.

That would have been a better idea but you'd have to assume that Red Bull don't want their logo changed in anyway?
They'll reveal Craig's car separately on another day so that they don't steal attention from one another.

Next week for Craig's car, according to Caltex Australia's twitter page.

Last edited:
If they wanted to bleed Holden red, this would have been better
images

They used caps for the banners and rear wing. Then, use lower case on the sides and for the HRT logo. Just does not work.

Citroen have a different font. So, it doesn't look as off, as "Holden" with nearly the same font as "Red Bull".

Red Bull revealed. The matte colours are cool but just like their past liveries, I'm pretty underwhelmed. Also, not a big fan of the font they're using for the windows numbers and names.

C2fiqBTUoAAth7R.jpg
It's quite a simple design, but it looks as though Holden is the secondary sponsor... The field will not be the same without the iconic HRT logo, the red, the black, the white. I feel betrayed, as if my entire pride and joy of Supercars has been trashed by an idiot who fails to acknowledge the legend that is HRT. I'm sorry, but this livery is an insult to Holden fans... Then again, it's also an insult that Holden no longer stick up for Ryan Walkinshaw and his crew. I don't like where this series is headed to be honest.

Back