2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
Can you really blame them when the official factory team is trundling around outside the top ten? And it's not like Holden jumped ship at the first sign of trouble - Walkinshaw have been struggling for years.
I know that, but it doesn't make me feel any better.

Last edited:
Could be a good time for other manufacturers to join in.
I suspect that this is more of a move towards manufacturers providing backing for teams, but never actually owning them. Between FPR, Triple Eight and DJRTP, we're seeing the rise of privateer teams achieving greater success than manufacturer teams.

I suspect that this is more of a move towards manufacturers providing backing for teams, but never actually owning them. Between FPR, Triple Eight and DJRTP, we're seeing the rise of privateer teams achieving greater success than manufacturer teams.
Which isn't bad. Funny, timing was a bit off for Ford, as they(FPR) won the DC. Also for Volvo. They may have won this year.

Ford could capitalise on this right now. PRA and DJRTP factory supported Mustangs? Yes please.

Can't wait to read what Betty has to say about this.

I'm also thinking about the DVS. I wonder how it would look for Altimas winning throughout the season. Less races, but they do get a Bathurst option. Could be a good way into the series for two years before committing to the main game Gen2.

Edit:
DJRTP are revealing their car at Docklands, on February 7.

Last edited:
Can't wait to read what Betty has to say about this.
I'm curious as to what Dane has to say about it. The last time a manufacturer pulled support, he defected. Granted, he has official factory status rather than factory support now, and the contract to be Holden's preferred customer chassis supplier, but if Holden are indeed terminating their factory program, then I wouldn't be surprised if Triple Eight run another marque. Especially with a wider range of body shapes and engine configurations coming.

:odd: Me no like 👎
The other day, someone (and if it was you and I have forgotten, I apologise) was saying in the "50 Greatest Liveries" thread that you could have a thread for the greatest Red Bull liveries, and I think that really hits the nail on the head when looking at this design. Even the most ordinary Red Bull liveries - and Triple Eight's first Red Bull livery was probably one of them - are really professionally presented and have an emphasis on attention to detail. This just looks like something a fan whipped up in fifteen minutes after hearing that Triple Eight would become the new Holden Racing Team. Compare it to the three best Red Bull liveries (Ogier's Fiesta, the Peugeot 208 Loeb took to Pike's Peak, and the RB12), and the uninspired design really shows itself.

I think this could open the floodgates. In a way, if the Super Utes(multi-manufacturers) pay off and if the Altimas are strong in DVS, this news may change things.

Maybe Ryan is sipping some cognac, having a laugh now.

I'm curious as to what Dane has to say about it. The last time a manufacturer pulled support, he defected. Granted, he has official factory status rather than factory support now, and the contract to be Holden's preferred customer chassis supplier, but if Holden are indeed terminating their factory program, then I wouldn't be surprised if Triple Eight run another marque. Especially with a wider range of body shapes and engine configurations coming.

The other day, someone (and if it was you and I have forgotten, I apologise) was saying in the "50 Greatest Liveries" thread that you could have a thread for the greatest Red Bull liveries, and I think that really hits the nail on the head when looking at this design. Even the most ordinary Red Bull liveries - and Triple Eight's first Red Bull livery was probably one of them - are really professionally presented and have an emphasis on attention to detail. This just looks like something a fan whipped up in fifteen minutes after hearing that Triple Eight would become the new Holden Racing Team. Compare it to the three best Red Bull liveries (Ogier's Fiesta, the Peugeot 208 Loeb took to Pike's Peak, and the RB12), and the uninspired design really shows itself.
Nope, it wasn't me in that thread.

I agree about how much effort it looks like has been put into their livery. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a more half-assed effort.
i almost had to check the calendar to make sure it was 1st April.

February 7th launch for DJRTP according to the interwebs.
Yep. Edited my post yesterday. :)
I used to work at Subaru Interactive @Docklands. Just across the bridge. I miss Melbourne :indiff: (for the upteenth time).

http://www.supercars.com/news/championship/superutes-take-form/
IMG_3134.jpg

Almost looks like the PWC Kia Optima.

Not for nothing, but the people that disliked the time of Super Tourers in Australia, might not like these Gen2 cars.

Well that's interesting then...

Apparently this was taken in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne today. It's believed to be Walkinshaw Racing's new transporter... The HSV Racing logo is quite interesting.

Ive seen the flood of posts about HSV Racing yesterday. But is it just me that sees it as Mobil 1 HSV Racing?

Well that's interesting then...

Apparently this was taken in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne today. It's believed to be Walkinshaw Racing's new transporter... The HSV Racing logo is quite interesting.

Yeah, figured they'd have to keep the colours(its only the trailer, but we'll see). Since RBHRT are only developing the race car, Walkinshaw will still be doing the road cars.

So we finally get to see a good looking Triple Eight car :sly:

:nervous:
White this time? Like his race suit.

But is it just me that sees it as Mobil 1 HSV Racing?

It looks like it to me too. Seems like the rumours of Mobil stepping up their sponsorship, might have been right after all.
So we finally get to see a good looking Triple Eight car :sly:

:nervous:

Well, Craig's car isn't held down by Red Bull constraints, so more than likely, yes.

It couldn't be worse could it? :P

Back