2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
Yeah, figured they'd have to keep the colours(its only the trailer, but we'll see). Since RBHRT are only developing the race car, Walkinshaw will still be doing the road cars.

White this time? Like his race suit.
I knew that Mobil 1 would be a major sponsor in the new Walkinshaw outfit, they had to be really. HSV Racing doesn't sound that alien to be honest, I might be able to get used to it... However what goes down is yet to be seen. So it's all speculation on my part.

Craig-Lowndes-livery-640x360.jpg

Yeah, not bad. I'm not really a fan of white on the Commodores and Falcons though, gives off fleet vehicle vibes to me but in this instance they've done an alright job.

Well that's interesting then...

Apparently this was taken in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne today. It's believed to be Walkinshaw Racing's new transporter... The HSV Racing logo is quite interesting.

I'm really curious to see Walkinshaw's reveal now. I was expecting HSV branding and this image seems to heavily suggest that too. I wonder if we could see the HSV lion/helmet logo on the sides of the cars in lieu of the now defunct HRT logo.

Lowndes' car look awesome! Big fan of the white and red, along with blue-green colour. Much better than the Red Bull's for sure.

Is there a of team/livery launches for this year, or does anyone know who's up next? Clipsal isn't that far off so surely they're going to get more frequent.

I always just picture new liveries flat out through McPhillamy Park to judge if I like them and u think Lowndes' car will look great. The sneaky shot of the Walkinshaw transporter has definitely made me more excited about their new livery

I'm going with white again. Like Ingall's white SuperCheap VF. His had red "Super Cheap" lettering with toned down yellow & black.

Might be the theme this season. More white cars on the grid. I'm thinking DJRTP might be more white as well.

I wasn't fond of the Bottle-O colours(dull green & white) when Dumbrell had his. It'll be interesting how they do the #5.

The Lowndes car looks good but...
IMG_7786.JPG

IMG_7784.JPG

...whoever painted the boot should've asked the other guys how the was being wrapped.
The Green/Blue goes wherever it wants and the Autobarn splitting the red looks sketchy...

Apart from that, thumbs up to the design team. I like it!

The Lowndes car looks good but...
View attachment 623005
View attachment 623006

...whoever painted the boot should've asked the other guys how the was being wrapped.
The Green/Blue goes wherever it wants and the Autobarn splitting the red looks sketchy...

Apart from that, thumbs up to the design team. I like it!
The unfortunate thing is, they had to fit the Autobarn logo/colours there.
Sketchy? Yes, but I'm sure there's a large sum of folding compensation in the Team Vortex budget.

The little "Holden" stickers ain't saying much. It's like Lowndes should be his on privateer team. Just leave T8.
Craig will drive for 888 until he retires from Supercars. I've got no doubt about that at all.

As for the Holden signage, it won't come as a shock that I'll take those six little letters on the side skirts, rather than the oversized effort on the RBHRT cars.

I'm going with white again. Like Ingall's white SuperCheap VF. His had red "Super Cheap" lettering with toned down yellow & black.

An earlier teaser they did last week, showed a red A-Piller. I'd hazard an early guess that it's going back to being predominantly red/yellow this year.

If that's the pic with the little red truck, I scooped that. I searched some old Super Cheap liveries. So far, Greg Murphy's is the only one I found, that had red a-pillars. The graphics would need a freshen up. ;)

In regards to the Super Utes, I was reading about the Amarok V6. It does 0-100 in just under 8 seconds. A V8 ute probably does it in about 5 seconds?

The VW starts at 165kW/550Nm and with overboost, raises to 180kW/580Nm. V8 Utes are about 310kW(torque could be similar to the diesel) and just over 1800kg. The Amarok is around 1875kg stock. VW hasn't confirmed any entry, but if the Triton can get close to those power nbers or exceed them, should be a quick 6+ second ute.

Maybe the 6-speed racing trans, is slower to shift than that 8-speed auto. However, I'll be interested on how much weight can be shed from the Super Utes.

Maybe I'm way of with all the numbers. O do know, when these things crash at high speeds, it's going to be barnyard bedlam.

In regards to the Super Utes, I was reading about the Amarok V6. It does 0-100 in just under 8 seconds. A V8 ute probably does it in about 5 seconds?

The VW starts at 165kW/550Nm and with overboost, raises to 180kW/580Nm. V8 Utes are about 310kW(torque could be similar to the diesel) and just over 1800kg. The Amarok is around 1875kg stock. VW hasn't confirmed any entry, but if the Triton can get close to those power nbers or exceed them, should be a quick 6+ second ute.

Maybe the 6-speed racing trans, is slower to shift than that 8-speed auto. However, I'll be interested on how much weight can be shed from the Super Utes.

Maybe I'm way of with all the numbers. O do know, when these things crash at high speeds, it's going to be barnyard bedlam.

I doubt the figures were near 580Nm for the V8, I think 500 was the best they were getting give or take a few. So it's pretty cool the torque these produce. I just don't liket he looks so far of them, it's too much Dakar Rally Raid mixed with race prepared ute.

I doubt the figures were near 580Nm for the V8, I think 500 was the best they were getting give or take a few. So it's pretty cool the torque these produce. I just don't liket he looks so far of them, it's too much Dakar Rally Raid mixed with race prepared ute.
Correct. I'm thinking FG X XR8 torque numbers(around 570Nm). My mistake.

They'll be something on debut. What that is, I don't know.

I have zero interest in the super utes and don't understand how this time and money wasn't better invested in making an existing catagory more competitive/marketable. Seems ridiculous in my mind.

Back