2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
  • 194,245 views
Probably better than lowering his standards & taking a drive at LDM.

:lol:

Heimgartner will probably be back at LDM, interesting to see who gets the second seat.
He'll get something better than that for the enduros anyway.

Surely he will. He'd be a quality co-driver for someone. 👍
 
Simona-de-Silvestro-Nissan-Motorsport-2017.jpg
 
Those of you who follow the right people on Facebook should be able to see the hints towards an all new lineup for LDM this year.

Anyway, announcement should be later this evening or early next week (Edit - Feb 2)

PS - Prepare for a surprise :p
 
Last edited:
Those of you who follow the right people on Facebook should be able to see the hints towards an all new lineup for LDM this year.

Anyway, announcement should be later this evening or early next week.

PS - Prepare for a surprise :p
I'm not on Facebook so I wouldn't have a clue what's being said on there.
Would care to share?
 
I'm not on Facebook so I wouldn't have a clue what's being said on there.
Would care to share?
Well, it's a public post that's been shared a few times so what's that harm? :)

A DVS driver from 2016 brought the the main game for the test day and Clipsal courtesy of Oaklands Built backing (Bruce races in Utes). That's all that has been officially said but the post became a guessing game and the only driver not ruled (whom has also driven an AU V8SC) is Matt Chahda.

Also mentioned is that he is replacing Andre and Alex Rullo is the whisper for the other seat.
 
Well, it's a public post that's been shared a few times so what's that harm? :)

A DVS driver from 2016 brought the the main game for the test day and Clipsal courtesy of Oaklands Built backing (Bruce races in Utes). That's all that has been officially said but the post became a guessing game and the only driver not ruled (whom has also driven an AU V8SC) is Matt Chahda.

Also mentioned is that he is replacing Andre and Alex Rullo is the whisper for the other seat.
Well I can only guess if Chahda is replacing Heimgartner, he must have more money available. Nothing else leads me to believe he's worthy of the drive.

Young Alex Rullo has so much time on his side, he'd do so much better doing another year in the DVS.
The way he drove in the Kumho Series showed he's a naturally gifted fella & I suspect it was the LDM component that let him down last year.
 
You guys are quick. I was still trying to guess.

If Rullo is coming, that Castrol sponsorship would be great.
 
You guys are quick. I was still trying to guess.

If Rullo is coming, that Castrol sponsorship would be great.
If Rullo is coming, is that Castrol cash coming with him?
 
If Rullo is coming, is that Castrol cash coming with him?
Dunno. I figured him, as doing another two years in DVS. However, running a full on Castrol Commodore, would definitely get the cameras pointed down the end of pit lane.

I was thinking McConville & Heimgartner. Missed that post about Chahda.

With Jacobson and LeBrocq at it again, I think the Altimas of MW, are going to take some wins and maybe even the C'hip.
 
Dunno. I figured him, as doing another two years in DVS. However, running a full on Castrol Commodore, would definitely get the cameras pointed down the end of pit lane.

I was thinking McConville & Heimgartner. Missed that post about Chahda.

With Jacobson and LeBrocq at it again, I think the Altimas of MW, are going to take some wins and maybe even the C'hip.
If I was Rullo's adviser, I'd be leaning towards another year in DVS for sure. I'd be trying to get him in a decent ride for a start & depending on how he's going, see if I couldn't find him an enduro seat.

The Castrol livery, what with its history in the category, would get some coverage for sure but I expect his age would be the big talking point.

I can't remember who's driving the Altimas but, the competitiveness of the cars will depend on who's behind the wheel, who's engineering the car & how well they understand each other. Without that they'll be alsorans.
 
If I was Rullo's adviser, I'd be leaning towards another year in DVS for sure. I'd be trying to get him in a decent ride for a start & depending on how he's going, see if I couldn't find him an enduro seat.

The Castrol livery, what with its history in the category, would get some coverage for sure but I expect his age would be the big talking point.

I can't remember who's driving the Altimas but, the competitiveness of the cars will depend on who's behind the wheel, who's engineering the car & how well they understand each other. Without that they'll be alsorans.
I haven't seen anything at the moment. Maybe Chelsea Angelo gets the call and she winds up in the enduros with Simona(even though a GT Academy driver would be ace).

Fullwood could be back in it.

No doubt that engineer-driver team up is paramount. It's just those Altimas do everything the VF II does, with a little less power. Might not be much of a disadvantage in the shorter races. It'll definitely look better, with the DVS shadowing cars that appear in the main game.
 
Almost looks like the PWC Kia Optima.

Not for nothing, but the people that disliked the time of Super Tourers in Australia, might not like these Gen2 cars.
How could you dislike it, there was two series running at the same time lol.
 
Shell are teasing some DJRTP livery concepts.



Out of those four, the red one would be my pick. There's nothing terribly exciting about any of them though.
 
Top left is resembles Penkse's Shell/Pennzoil NASCARs, bottom left resembles the old Shell/FAI DJR cars. I don't the V-Power looks very smooth on the Yellow background. Top right is probably my favourite although it is a bit plain.
 
Needs pinstripes
images (10).jpg



Edit: DJRTP will release Docklands unveiling details, this Thursday.
 
Last edited:
Shell are teasing some DJRTP livery concepts.



Out of those four, the red one would be my pick. There's nothing terribly exciting about any of them though.

Out of the four presented, I'd vote for bottom right but...
View attachment 624032 I did one similar to this
This one wins for me 👍

Quick @05XR8 send them a pic before it's too late.
I'm sure a suitable 'payment' can be arranged ;)
 
Or the '03 car. That one was an all time great looking car. Still looked great when they ran it this year.
I was never a big fan of that one - although I always wondered what it would look like if the red and the yellow were flipped about
 
Out of the four presented, I'd vote for bottom right but...

This one wins for me 👍

Quick @05XR8 send them a pic before it's too late.
I'm sure a suitable 'payment' can be arranged ;)
Took some quick off screen shots.
1485765984148-1125020677.jpg
1485766064358-1296793591.jpg

IMG_20170130_195100.jpg
 
Shell are teasing some DJRTP livery concepts.



Out of those four, the red one would be my pick. There's nothing terribly exciting about any of them though.


View attachment 624032 I did one similar to this

I think (hope) they're trying to throw us off with these. I mean, last year's retro (2003), a nineties throwback, a NASCAR-esque scheme (think Harvick's old car inverted), a simple scheme (last seen on Penrite Merc) and last year's car with a different bonnet.

Come on, don't go all corporate like RBHRT! Give us an eye catcher!
 
Three of those look more like left over retro liveries. I hope they come up with something more striking, something with similar design ques to the '03 livery would be great.
 
Hmmm, I still prefer the other pic you posted.
The other one is like their running liveries. Just switch branding and colours.

I too, would like to see them be creative.
 
Back