2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
  • 194,243 views
Also confirms that D'Alberto will partner Coulthard.

Two really good driver combo's.
 
Blanchard's CoolDrive Commodore.
TeamCoolDrive-Side-640x347.jpg


TeamCoolDrive-Front-640x386.jpg




Pretty nice but I much prefer last years livery, to be honest.
 
Last edited:
That can't be it. There was no fanfare, no pre-announcement announcement and no obtuse clues on social media.
 
Oh, this is for Supercars. Someone tap me when the real cars reveal their liveries.
 
It looks a lot better than his car from last year with a nicer shade of blue and the omission of the white base paint.
 
Adrian Burgess
ATB: “I’m super excited about the 2017 livery. The colours stand out and reflect who Walkinshaw Racing are and our history. We can’t wait to share it with you guys!”
 
Adrian Burgess
ATB: “I’m super excited about the 2017 livery. The colours stand out and reflect who Walkinshaw Racing are and our history. We can’t wait to share it with you guys!”

Panorama silver, colour of the VL Walkinshaw.

I'm calling it now. :dopey:
 
It's the colour in their logo
Walkinshaw-Racing-2-344x237.png


If "The colours stand out", I can't call it. I doubt green. Maybe yellow like the GTS-R.

Edit: Or
Walkinshaw-Racing-Edition-VF-Commodore-decals.jpg


Edit: Say, didn't HRT do a black & gold #2 VF for Tander?
 
Well if the HSV racing thing is true. Then maybe, red & black or something that relates to the HSV side of the business.
Maybe yellow like the GTS-R.

I'd be down with that. 👍
Edit: Say, didn't HRT do a black & gold #2 VF for Tander?

Not that I can remember. Only black and gold car they did was their COTF test mule.
 
Last edited:
Panorama silver, colour of the VL Walkinshaw.

I'm calling it now. :dopey:
You know what, it'd be a bold move but, 30 year anniversary & all, it would stand out amongst all the other liveries.
Probably wouldn't look too bad either.
 
Well if the HSV racing thing is true. Then maybe, red & black or something that relates to the HSV side of the business.


I'd be down with that. 👍


Not that I can remember. Only black and gold car they did was their COTF test mule.
Ohhhhhhh yeaaaaahhh. That would be it. :cheers:

Any colours they choose, people will still see Walkinshaw as "thee" HRT. It's now a team without a target on their back. More power to them.


Edit: One month to go.
http://www.supercars.com/2017-clipsal-500-adelaide-schedule-results/?sf53370292=1
 
Last edited:
Ok, so Holden left Holden to be branded on a blue Holden that doesn't really represent Holden yet secretly never actually left Holden as those Holden's will still be branded Holden in some capacity of alternative Holden? :lol:
 
It's the colour in their logo
Walkinshaw-Racing-2-344x237.png


If "The colours stand out", I can't call it. I doubt green. Maybe yellow like the GTS-R.

Edit: Or
Walkinshaw-Racing-Edition-VF-Commodore-decals.jpg


Edit: Say, didn't HRT do a black & gold #2 VF for Tander?

Wow, that seriously looks terrible. It looks so cheap, it's like you can see the streaks in the matte finish...
 
Walkinshaw remembering their first ever Commodore touring car
FB_IMG_1485996020453.jpg


Penske colours ay?
 
Damn nice looking notchback in the background too
 
Damn nice looking notchback in the background too

Has to be the first old school image where I've seen one, other than a results table telling me they did exist in Australian racing at some time.
 
Has to be the first old school image where I've seen one, other than a results table telling me they did exist in Australian racing at some time.
I don't want to pop your balloon for you but, that Herbie Clips car never raced in Australia.

There were two TOYOTA Team Australia Notchbacks in their fleet....until they both met their demise on oil at Reid Park, Bathurst during the 1987 1000km enduro.

From memory, another car was sourced for Bathurst '88 and finished 10th outright.
 
I don't want to pop your balloon for you but, that Herbie Clips car never raced in Australia.

There were two TOYOTA Team Australia Notchbacks in their fleet....until they both met their demise on oil at Reid Park, Bathurst during the 1987 1000km enduro.

From memory, another car was sourced for Bathurst '88 and finished 10th outright.

Well all I've ever seen in early japanese iterations in Australian racing were those listed on result sheets as I said, AE85 and AE86. I'm guessing this is what you're talking about http://www.performancegarage.com.au/blog/bathurst-ae86-race-car.

I should have been more clear, in I've never seen a photo of one of these in general thus I have no idea what configuration it was run in. So I'm not talking about that particular car but the Toyota's and even Mazda of the time in general.
 
Well all I've ever seen in early japanese iterations in Australian racing were those listed on result sheets as I said, AE85 and AE86. I'm guessing this is what you're talking about http://www.performancegarage.com.au/blog/bathurst-ae86-race-car.

I should have been more clear, in I've never seen a photo of one of these in general thus I have no idea what configuration it was run in. So I'm not talking about that particular car but the Toyota's and even Mazda of the time in general.
Here's what I could find from a quick search
IMG_0334.PNG

Amaroo Park enduro 1985
IMG_0333.PNG

Bathurst 1985 class win
IMG_0332.PNG

What happened to them at Bathurst 1987 :indiff:

I can remember these cars well & spoke to the team manager, Tony Niovanni at the time. He said they were seeing 190bhp 👍

As for Mazdas, I'm 100% certain we never had any Group A versions racing here.
In fact, the only Group A Mazdas that I know of are an RX-7 that raced here very briefly (John Bundy?) and, a 929 4-door that made an appearance in the 1986 Spa 24hr.
 
Here's what I could find from a quick search
View attachment 624670
Amaroo Park enduro 1985
View attachment 624671
Bathurst 1985 class win
View attachment 624672
What happened to them at Bathurst 1987 :indiff:

I can remember these cars well & spoke to the team manager, Tony Niovanni at the time. He said they were seeing 190bhp 👍

As for Mazdas, I'm 100% certain we never had any Group A versions racing here.
In fact, the only Group A Mazdas that I know of are an RX-7 that raced here very briefly (John Bundy?) and, a 929 4-door that made an appearance in the 1986 Spa 24hr.
I have a few up close pics of the AE86s, Celica and Supra from a Father's Day metting . Now, just need to find them on the computer...
 
Back