2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
  • 194,245 views
Which marque makes the history books?
Holden. They're the ones that hit upon the idea of publishing history books (figuratively speaking) by throwing as much money as McNamara could muster at as many teams that were willing to receive it.
 

Hopefully all this teasing means it won't be a disappointment. The livery is launched at midnight AEDT
 
Maybe it's just the launch and SMP livery. I guess the Clips... err, Chicken Run 500 livery might be shown later?
 

Hopefully all this teasing means it won't be a disappointment. The livery is launched at midnight AEDT


Pretty sure that was an HSV sticker.
 
It will have red on it in some form. In the little teaser you can see the John Hart logo over some red. John Hart is usually placed on the side skirts, so I imagine that the livery won't be too far from their previous ones under HRT.
 
Yeah I mean the near f1 style release was money wasted. For a car that most of could have predicted or created ourselves.
 
The hype was more about them dropping the Holden name then anything, though they really haven't.....
 
Now, do they rotate the colours during the year(even though they a doing a rolling livery)? It will be easy to flip the black to white or red or blue.

Ryan doesn't like to spend money. So, I can't see any white rims at any other time but the Sandown retro round.

I'm digging it. The more I look at it. Best looking livery so far. We'll see how DJRTP do tomorrow.
HSVRacing-20170203-11003284-640x427.jpg

HSVRacing-20170203-13420303.jpg

unnamed-3-640x426.jpg
 
Last edited:
They're calling it a launch livery, so I guess we'll see different livery for Adelaide?

I'd be more than happy if they stuck with this one all season, looks great.
 
Is 2017 going to be the year of bland liveries?
 
I actually don't mind it at all.
 
We'll see to what degree HSV rotate these sponsors.
Visa Global Logistics, will join incumbent backers Sharkbite, SP Tools, Morris Finance, Biante, Scania, and PPG.
 
We'll see to what degree HSV rotate these sponsors.

Interesting to see if the rotating liveries follow the same design as the launch livery or if they're going to be different for each sponsor.
 
Now, do they rotate the colours during the year(even though they a doing a rolling livery)? It will be easy to flip the black to white or red or blue.

Ryan doesn't like to spend money. So, I can't see any white rims at any other time but the Sandown retro round.

I'm digging it. The more I look at it. Best looking livery so far. We'll see how DJRTP do tomorrow.
HSVRacing-20170203-11003284-640x427.jpg

HSVRacing-20170203-13420303.jpg

unnamed-3-640x426.jpg
So they didn't ditch the red. Yes! It's simple but it makes an impact, which I like considering some liveries are too complicated these days - and it has Mobil 1 one the side. Another yes!
 
So they didn't ditch the red. Yes! It's simple but it makes an impact, which I like considering some liveries are too complicated these days - and it has Mobil 1 one the side. Another yes!
It sure is a slick way to keep the #1 on the car. ;)


Fabian Coulthard says, "Ready to launch."
FB_IMG_1486372238073.jpg
 
http://www.supercars.com/news/champ...vestro-every-lap-in-the-car-is-important-now/
Yeah, I'm thinking they should have put her in DVS for a year. Work with the team when she's not racing. Do the DVS Bathurst and the enduros. Then start off from 2018.

Nissan could just run 3 cars this year. Use her car in DVS with her engineer.

I wonder if its possible to do double duty like NASCAR. Main drivers run in both. Though its separate Saturday and Sunday races. Supercars makes that a bit tough with racing in both days.
 
Double posting my dissatisfaction.
Just because it has red, yellow and white, does not make it fresh and saying it carries elements from all the other Shell designs. Boring.

I'll still use as my avatar, but I ain't happy.
 
Good lord what is it with all the bland and dissapointing liveries this year?
 
Back