2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
  • 194,251 views
YO.

That BJR car rules. 1990's as hell.

-----------------------

The Alex Rullo hate is pretty funny in the comments, asking why he should be allowed to drive 300km/h without a real road license, won't have the experience in the cars, etc.

Do these people not realize the Konica cars are just old main game Supercars? Still got all the power.
 
Do these people not realize the Konica cars are just old main game Supercars? Still got all the power
Rullo isn't ready. He didn't perform particularly well in the Dunlop Series, and while the cars may be just as powerful as those in Supercars, the level of competition steps up by a whole order of magnitude.
 
We shall see come Clipsal.
 
Here it is! The Shell V-Power Racing Team's livery for the entire 2017 Supercars Championship season. Not long until we kick-off in Adelaide for the Clipsal 500, where we will be working with the team to deliver maximum efficiency and maximum performance. Thanks for all your comments and suggestions on the livery design! #ShellVPowerRacingTeam #ShellMotorsport #VASC http://go.shell.com/2jVWPr2
We'll see if they go retro at Sandown.
 
Rullo isn't ready.

No doubting the guy's talent, he's got a big future ahead of him but he's nowhere near ready for the main game at the moment. Should have stayed in DVS for another couple of years.

I do wish him the best of luck though.
 
Last edited:
Could it be the Castrol sponsorship? I don't know if Rullo is bringing them, but Lucas would have to be sure the kid is bringing money.
 
Could it be the Castrol sponsorship? I don't know if Rullo is bringing them, but Lucas would have to be sure the kid is bringing money.
Personally, I don't believe Lucas Dumbrell gives a damn who drives his cars so long as they have enough budget to cover the costs and Lucas covers his own ass & presents two cars at each round to avoid any breach of his RECs with Supercars.
 
It's crazy to think Jack Perkins is racing in a support series while a 16 year old who placed in the bottom half of the championship is put into the main game. I get that it's for sponsorship money but considering what we saw from the Dunlop series last year, LDR better have enough money to cover some extra chassis
 
I just hope the kid isn't tied up to LDM for too many seasons. He'll go nowhere fast linked to them.
If this is the last, that'd be brilliant.

I said when the rumour first surfaced, that he'd be better off spending another season in the Development Series, honing his craft, improving on last year & that hopefully he'd be picked up by a team that could offer him a future.

A season fighting the tail end Charlies (& Charlotte) ain't going to do his confidence any good at all.
 
It's crazy to think Jack Perkins is racing in a support series while a 16 year old who placed in the bottom half of the championship is put into the main game. I get that it's for sponsorship money but considering what we saw from the Dunlop series last year, LDR better have enough money to cover some extra chassis
I know Jack did exceptional during Courtney's recovery. I think he is more of an enduro driver like Dumbrell.

I'd hope he's quicker than Aaren Russell. If not, even Simona might pedal away from him.

Q&A
http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/02/08/qa-alex-rullo-prepares-supercars-leap/
 
Wow, that Percat livery is hot!
 
Anyone else notice Rullo has Holden on his bonnet?

I'm not sure how he would have it?

IMG_1422.JPG
 
Anyone else notice Rullo has Holden on his bonnet?

I'm not sure how he would have it?

View attachment 626284
Pretty sure he had Holden support last year too.
The 'Let's Go There' on the front bumper was definitely there but I can't remember what was on the bonnet.
 
Also, that's Chada's old car in the background. I wouldn't be surprised if that #62 is the old car.
 
That's the car he ran at the Homebush DVS round. It was a one-off livery.
 
Oh derp, it is too my mistake.

I hope he brings a full Castrol livery to the main game then, would be nice to see in the field.
 
Jack has signed to run in the Nissan DVS team. (Iirc)

Better chance of getting to the main game sooner.

👍

Bit of weird choice to leave PRA if you ask me, good for Nissan though.
 
season launch today does that mean a few more liveries also?
 
Wondering when Nissan will get around to showing theirs. Haven't even seen a teaser with a date yet.
 
So Chahda gets the second LDM seat, they will be second last and last all year.
 
FB_IMG_1486604243081.jpg

Guess we can surmise what Simona's and the GRM cars will look like.
 
Back