2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
  • 194,249 views
I think the liveries look pretty good so far. I'd say Walkinshaw is still the best so far.
 
Just because it has red, yellow and white, does not make it fresh and saying it carries elements from all the other Shell designs. Boring.

To be fair it should be mentioned, that apparently this is another launch livery. So we might see something a different design on the cars for Adelaide.
 
Looks better outside
FB_IMG_1486429182710.jpg
 
All they did is, red the bonnet and white the front splitter, from when Scott and Premat tested.

The #12 has yellow mirrors and yellow splitter.
 
Last edited:
Another car that will look much better on track. Not sure what all the groaning has been about, some nice looking cars this year.
 
Perhaps the simple themes are a response to the really busy livery trend of recent times. I like the simplicity. Each car should be easily recognizable at a glance and the sponsors should be happy too.

(I'm thinking back to things like the Pepsi Max Commodore...)
 
I'd like to see them take the livery from the #24 GT-R at Bathurst and transfer it to Caruso's car for the season.
I'm thinking Simona might get that TOTAL livery.
 
The DJRTP cars should both have the yellow splitter it looks better. Just have the different mirrors. Don't mind the livery pretty much what I expected, pretty bland.
 
I'd like to see them take the livery from the #24 GT-R at Bathurst and transfer it to Caruso's car for the season.

I'd love to see that. Think it would work very well on the Altima.
 
I'm really hoping the nissans look great this year, I'm not expecting much from PRA. GRM will have the best livery this year if you ask me ;)
 
Percat's car to be revealed tomorrow.



Liking the style of the window number. Pretty cool.
 
Last edited:
I'd like to see them take the livery from the #24 GT-R at Bathurst and transfer it to Caruso's car for the season.
I hated that design. Every time I saw it, I wanted to clean the oily smear off my screen.
 
Take away the Oil graphic on the side of the GTR and it would've been fantastic.

I do like the new DJRTP paint scheme as they've kept it simple like the last two years. It's definitely just an evolution of last years livery but it still works well, even though I was hoping for something maybe different. I was thinking that maybe this year they'd have a slightly more technical design, as for the last couple of years, I think the reason the design was so simple was so that could be easily adapted to different colours for different brands. But they've obviously wanted to stick with the simple style that seems to be preferred across most of Penske's cars in other series as well.
 
Take away the Oil graphic on the side of the GTR and it would've been fantastic.

I do like the new DJRTP paint scheme as they've kept it simple like the last two years. It's definitely just an evolution of last years livery but it still works well, even though I was hoping for something maybe different. I was thinking that maybe this year they'd have a slightly more technical design, as for the last couple of years, I think the reason the design was so simple was so that could be easily adapted to different colours for different brands. But they've obviously wanted to stick with the simple style that seems to be preferred across most of Penske's cars in other series as well.
I was hoping for something like the DTM livery. Subtle pinstripes. Something different to the 25° angled lettering, which has been standard since the Australian V8 Supercars Championship.

Might as well did the DJR Sierra livery. All red with yellow "Shell". I seriously hate red, yellow & white in a colour scheme. I'm glad they used yellow as a highlight. Too much yellow makes it Ronald MacDonald. We'll see what it looks like in March.

Edit:
May the best oil company win:

Shell

Caltex

Mobil 1

Mega

Penrite

Valvoline

Castrol

TOTAL

Just have to see who BJR(BOC "gas" :sly:doesn't count) and LDM bring.
 
Last edited:
With MW Motorsport running two Altimas, any chance of Renee Gracie getting a seat? She'll know the car and would probably be paired with Simona again.
I'd prefer Chelsea Angelo, between her and Renee. Would be something if both of them were on the team.

Don't know if Bryce Fulwood will still be with the team. Though, he did well over last weekend to up his stocks.
 
I think you're in the minority.
I don't mind. To be honest, I never understood the love for Nissan as a marque. The Skyline never inspired any reaction from me; indeed, I think it's one of the most over-rated cars ever produced. As for the Altima, it always struck me as a car trying very hard to be as anonymous as possible, but not so anonymous that it stands out. It's the David Mitchell of the automotive world.
 
I don't mind. To be honest, I never understood the love for Nissan as a marque. The Skyline never inspired any reaction from me; indeed, I think it's one of the most over-rated cars ever produced. As for the Altima, it always struck me as a car trying very hard to be as anonymous as possible, but not so anonymous that it stands out. It's the David Mitchell of the automotive world.
Maybe due to the history of it here(there was none).

Back when the Maxima came out, it was rwd to battle the Cressida. Then, it went fwd, had a body kit in SE form and did well as a sporting sedan.
From there, it became a 4door sport sedan. Excellent crusier with that 160hp V6 and manual.

Then, it got the 222hp motor. When that came out, Nissan brought the Altima in the shape of the Infiniti J30. I think that model, was sold here as the Bluebird.

Australia got ribbed with that bland Maxima. While the USA got one that nearly looked like the Concept R35. Power rose and came as auto only. Pretty good car.

The Altima came with a 180hp I4 manual or optional Maxima V6 w/auto. That really brought it over the top. It had Maxima interior space and engine power for less money. Before I left the states, there was even an Altima Coupe.

I couldn't see why Nissan Oz would try to introduce the Altima here, if the Maxima didn't do well. Would have been better to try and boost Skyline sales. Make them entry level with rwd only 4T & V6, while the Infiniti Q is upmarket.
 
Simple paint schemes are better.

Also, if you need to put a picture of the product on the car(such as the oil on the GT-R), you've failed at branding/marketing. People should know what the product is without having to be shown a picture of exactly what it is.
 
Take away the Oil graphic on the side of the GTR and it would've been fantastic.
The graphic was one of the best parts.
As for the Altima, it always struck me as a car trying very hard to be as anonymous as possible, but not so anonymous that it stands out. It's the David Mitchell of the automotive world.
It's basic, well built, reliable transportation for the A to B commute every day that gets great fuel mileage. They sell a ton of them here in the states. And the top trims are not terrible looking either.
Also, if you need to put a picture of the product on the car(such as the oil on the GT-R), you've failed at branding/marketing.
I disagree and I think you are missing the point. I doubt that anyone needs to be shown what oil looks like.
 
The graphic was one of the best parts.

I just feel like it was too small and too much of an afterthought to make an impact. If it was the centrepiece of the design then it would've work much better I think personally.
 
Before I left the states, there was even an Altima Coupe.
I work with a guy that has a 3.5 SR Coupe with aftermarket suspension, 350Z NISMO wheels and Brembo brakes. It's a really nice car.
 
I work with a guy that has a 3.5 SR Coupe with aftermarket suspension, 350Z NISMO wheels and Brembo brakes. It's a really nice car.
Nice. That would look pretty dang close to a Skyline/G35/G37.
 
Back