2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
  • 194,253 views
Wondering when Nissan will get around to showing theirs. Haven't even seen a teaser with a date yet.
And just when I ask.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/02/09/nissan-uncovers-de-silvestro-supercars-livery/

Simona-640x426.png
 
I feel the best thing going for Simona is, she got to drive two cars for "2000kms", on debut, over Premat, Engel and Dahlgren.

She, Edit(whom ever) and Rullo are going to have a hard road keeping pace during the race. Qualifying might be fine, but 250kms, Turn 8, pitstops, running to a number, heat & concentration.

I'm actually looking to see how she goes at Albert Park.


Edit:
http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/02/09/delta-goodrem-named-supercars-2017-ambassador/
My wife just said: " What?! She can't even drive manual.":lol:
 

So Chahda gets blocked (quite rightly too) but Rullo gets a exemption, despite being both underage and not having enough points to qualify for the Superlicence? I'm confused.
 
Last edited:
So Chahda gets blocked (quite rightly too) but Rullo gets a exemption, despite being both underage and not having enough points to qualify for the Superlicence? I'm confused.
Chahda was blocked on the grounds that he hadn't demonstrated the discipline that he would need in Supercars. He was at the centre of that first-corner pile-up at Sandown. As for Rullo, he at least has demonstrated common sense.

I can't imagine what LDM were thinking in announcing Chahda before his licence was approved. What on earth is going on there?
 
I think it looks great.

I'm really liking it too. Not as good as the livery she ran at Bathurst last year, imo though.
Guess we can surmise what Simona's and the GRM cars will look like.

Might be more white, going off of their race suits? Also, who's bright idea was it to put Holdsworth in the back row? :lol:
C4MzPgLVcAQjJHr.jpg
 
Last edited:
I'm really liking it too. Not as good as the livery she ran at Bathurst last year, imo though.


Might be more white, going off of their race suits? Also, who's bright idea was it to put Holdsworth in the back row? :lol:
C4MzPgLVcAQjJHr.jpg
:lol::lol:

Yeah, right. Now it seems like it might be white. Maybe Rullo's car as well.
 
Warburton wants CAMS to review the licencing system in light of their rejecting Chahda. This is despite the fact that Chahda has been involved in some scuffy incidents like Sandown, and the licencing system was introduced to stop drivers who have a history of poor driving standards from getting into Supercars - and one suspects that Chahda, who appeared to have more money than sense, is one of the drivers that CAMS had in mind when they introduced the licencing system.
 
The new Wildcard rule would help all Super2(DVS, I'll just call it S2) drivers. Participating in two of the designated rounds, is just fine.

Look at Kostecki and even Golding. It's best they stay in their own cars and join at the back of the S1 grid, to gain experience.
 
This is old info, but with noting the Super Ute weight to be no less than 1800kg. Wonder how they'll use ballast.
The most popular utes in Australia are set to go head-to-head on track as part of a new series managed by the team behind V8 Supercars.

Ford Falcon and Holden Commodore V8 Utes that have supported the category for years will be phased out in 2017 in favour of dual-cab, turbo diesel SuperUtes that are much more relevant to the new car market.

Supercars Australia hopes that a range of utes such as the Toyota HiLux, Volkswagen Amarok, Ford Ranger, Nissan Navara and Holden Colorado will join the grid.

The series is aimed at privateer competitors rather than multi-million-dollar factory-backed entries.

Tentative technical regulations for the series say that the utes must use their original turbo diesel engine, with power set to be capped at an unspecified level. Driving only the rear wheels, the models must weigh no less than 1800 kilograms and not feature downforce-generating aerodynamic spoilers.

The cars must be rear-wheel-drive, and equipped with a controlled upgrade kit that includes a Motec engine computer as well as control wheels, tyres and brakes to ensure a level playing field. The total cost for converting a new ute into a racing machine is estimated to be $60,000, though teams will also have to pay licence and entry fees to go racing.

The utes will race for the first time in Townsville in July, before heading to Queensland Raceway, Bathurst, Surfers Paradise and the upcoming Newcastle street circuit.
 
I approve of this message.👍

I have to say, Cox & Emery mentioned they wanted Nissan to be the next Holden, in V8s.

Good stuff to get it in the Wildcards. Would have been better for Simona and Jack to switch.

I think Renee is the second driver.
Why are they still flogging a dead horse named Renee?
 
Why are they still flogging a dead horse named Renee?

I'd assume because of the Caltex $$$$, she brings?
 
Funny how the opinions on here are always opposite of social media. :lol:
 
Funny how the opinions on here are always opposite of social media. :lol:

Probably because of the smaller crowd here and the fact that social media would have swarms of people disagreeing rather than one or two. Also people on Social Media seem to be fake many times to save face or be with the popular opinion rather than the unpopular.
 
Why are they still flogging a dead horse named Renee?
I'm only guessing. Maybe due to her running with Simona twice. She's supposed to be waiting for big news. That would be big news if she is given the same program as Jack. Though, just driving the Altima and taking part in the enduros, is enough.
 
Probably because of the smaller crowd here and the fact that social media would have swarms of people disagreeing rather than one or two. Also people on Social Media seem to be fake many times to save face or be with the popular opinion rather than the unpopular.
I'm just saying most of the comments on facebook were positive.

As for me, it's alright. Reminds me of a go-daddy livery. At least it'll stand out.
 
Back