2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
  • 194,256 views
I'm just saying most of the comments on facebook were positive.

It's the same thing on Twitter. All the tweets I've seen, are overwhelming positive. Only negative one is probably my own. :lol:
 
I like it. Fits the Altima over the FG X.
 
Garbage scheme. Great colors though.

Most people on social media like ugly cars because they have zero sense of design and just see a vomiting of colors and spikes and swooshes as "good."
 
Garbage scheme. Great colors though.

Most people on social media like ugly cars because they have zero sense of design and just see a vomiting of colors and spikes and swooshes as "good."
Just curious, do you ever post anything positive? I don't think I've ever seen it.
 
Just curious, do you ever post anything positive? I don't think I've ever seen it.
Over the past 14 years, probably. :lol:

I abhor most "modern" schemes, they're crap, and won't have the staying power of the iconic ones. Simple is better.

The DJR schemes were really good until the WestPoint one, then were garbage til the Penske merger. They've got the best looking cars in the field now.

I was a massive Volvo fan when they were running, however the only good scheme they had in their entire tenure was the retro round one. Loved that one so much I decided to create a poster for it.
volvo-in-sports-1986-2016-prints.jpg
 
The only thing Le Brocq's livery has going for it is that it attempts to be original. It still looks like someone vomited a bag of licorice allsorts over the car, though.
 
Andrew Jones keeps the simple yellow and black livery for his Super2 campaign
IMG_8950.JPG
 
Damn, that is GOOD.
 
Smart move.

It is. Especially considering that he's not in Dunlop S2 or whatever it's called now, this year. Got to get him some seat time before the enduro's some how.
 
It is. Especially considering that he's not in Dunlop S2 or whatever it's called now, this year. Got to get him some seat time before the enduro's some how.
I feel it's a good eye-opener to show just how quick a driver has to be in the main game. Funny. So many young drivers want to get in. Then it hits them.
 
Really liking this wildcard system. Would nice to see a few more teams get on board, maybe PRA could do one for Jacobson?
Seems like a no-brainer. Maybe they'll make an announcement.

GRM will reveal their livery tomorrow.
 
The 2nd MW Motorsport Nissan will have Shae Davies behind the wheel, keeping Loco Energy sponsorship from his time with Erebus. Also going to do the 2 round wild card.
IMG_8970.JPG


Jason Brights car is unveiled today as well...

Edit: BJR Dunlop Super2 entry number two...Jack Smith
IMG_8971.JPG


Double edit: Todd Hazelwood's car (same people sponsoring him, just a brand change)
IMG_8974.PNG
 
Last edited:
Keep 'em coming. (Boo Shae Davies)The Nissan cars are bringing back the crazy colour styles from the early 2000s. Meanwhile, those BJR cars look extremely professional for S2.

Edit: On another note. That Opel Peugeot deal. How will that pan out in the next few years?
 
Last edited:
Love the colour scheme on Hazelwood's car. The BJR car looks great too. Some real nice liveries in S2 this year. 👍
(Boo Shae Davies)

:lol:

Edit:
C4qoB2XWcAM0UiF.jpg


C4qoB9aW8AERzHB.jpg


Jacobson also confirmed as Bright's co-driver.
 
Last edited:
Bright's car looks decent. Although I still have no idea about 'Mega Fuels', and had never heard of them before this year. Means that sponsorship is working I guess. I do get 'cheap' vibes from their logo and what not though, there's just something about it.

There's also very little in the way of minor sponsors, notably a large space on the bonnet.
 
Is this a sign to come of boring PRA cars?
 
I think it looks great. Though that large white space on the rear quarter panel is....bare.
 
Should put that blue flame logo on the bonnet.

Imagine if they put the green Castrol sticker instead.
 
Although I still have no idea about 'Mega Fuels', and had never heard of them before this year.

No, I still have no idea who they are either.

Don't mind the livery, it's a bit bland but the purple on the front guards looks nice.
 
T.Kelly shaking down the 007 chassis.
IMG_20170215_172430.jpg
 
Love the colour scheme on Hazelwood's car. The BJR car looks great too. Some real nice liveries in S2 this year. 👍


:lol:

Edit:
C4qoB2XWcAM0UiF.jpg


C4qoB9aW8AERzHB.jpg


Jacobson also confirmed as Bright's co-driver.
Can Bright retire already?
 
Back