2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
  • 194,263 views
"They tried to get me excited,
But I said meh, meh, meh.
Triple Eight got money
To race in the season as HRT
But I said meh, meh, meh.
Erebus did the best they could
(Despite signing Dale Wood)
But I said meh, meh, meh.
Green for Frosty
And red for Penske
But I said meh, meh, meh."
 
I'm liking the green wheels too 👍
Hopefully they keep them. Teams have a bad habit of showing a new livery with colored wheels and then using plain silver through the season.

Anyway, found an instagram account with some pics of the Dunlop Nissan's shakedown.
 
Hopefully they keep them. Teams have a bad habit of showing a new livery with colored wheels and then using plain silver through the season.

You can add HSV to that list. Looks like they've dumped the black rims from the launch pics already. :indiff:



Boo.
 
You can add HSV to that list. Looks like they've dumped the black rims from the launch pics already. :indiff:
Frosty's car was on silver wheels when they were taking if off the trailer, then after that it was all green. Those might just be temporary rollers.
 
Frosty's car was on silver wheels when they were taking if off the trailer, then after that it was all green. Those might just be temporary rollers.
I hope you're 100% correct on this.
 
New look for Slade's Freightliner entry
Freghtliner-640x427.jpg


I love it. Lowndes still has the best livery, in my opinion, but that's a close second.
 
Tim Slade's looks fantastic!

After seeing pics of it on track, I'm really not a fan of Lowndes car. It looks very, very messy and awkward.
 
Frosty's car reminds me of the yucky #55 Dumbrell Falcon.

More white this season. Seems to go in cycles.

Slades looks alright. I'd say GRM, Lowndes, Percat, HSV, Slade stand out as professionally done liveries.
 
Frosty's car was on silver wheels when they were taking if off the trailer, then after that it was all green. Those might just be temporary rollers.

Rotating liveries with HSV though, supposedly. Wouldn't surprise me if they stuck with silver rims for the season.

Here's hoping they're only for transporting anyway. 👍

Holy hell, yes, that looks fantastic. So much cooler than last years Freightliner livery.
Looks better than that neon green thing with a Nissan marque.

I don't particularly care for either. Sorry. :lol:
 
Last edited:
Chelsea Angelo may be co-driving with Renee. Wonder who that leaves for Simona. A GT Academy graduate? Ingall?
 
Chelsea Angelo may be co-driving with Renee. Wonder who that leaves for Simona. A GT Academy graduate? Ingall?
Angelo & Gracie together won't end well cause they'll try to outdo each other & steal the limelight off the other.
Same as putting two rookies vying for a main game seat in the same car.
 
Do we know what chassis De Silvestro will be running? Todd Kelly got a new car, is she racing his? (Would hope it's not the Dale Wood machine...)

Also looking forward to the wildcards at regular rounds. We might end up with a decent rear end battle if the numbers are up. Will be good to see people back there learning and picking up speed, rather than just being off the pace due to a missed setup / poor tyres / etc.
 
No official Ford stickers on it. Just the dealership. Wonder if they'll keep the green wheels this time.

I'm half looking forward to the #6 design. Maybe silver, green & black this time?
Hasn't been official Ford decals on the PRA cars in a few years, iirc.

Flat vinyl looks like butt, the GRM cars look awesome.
 
Hasn't been official Ford decals on the PRA cars in a few years, iirc.

Flat vinyl looks like butt, the GRM cars look awesome.
Just from last year. PRA had them on the rear number plate. DJRTP had them on the front splitter and rear number plate last year. Same with this year.
 
I'm just now noticing the numbers on the rear windscreen.

About enduro drivers. I wonder if Stanaway will get a call for this year.
 
About enduro drivers. I wonder if Stanaway will get a call for this year.

With Le Brocq gone to Nissan. Stanaway to partner Waters, surely?
 
I'm just now noticing the numbers on the rear windscreen.

About enduro drivers. I wonder if Stanaway will get a call for this year.
Stanaway is sure to get a drive. It'd be a crime for him to miss out after the performances he put in last year.
 
It'll look better once the event decal takes the place above it.
 
Finally, a great livery! I would have settled for one that was simply decent, but this one is great.
 
Yeah, I'm really liking that too. A fresh take on the factory scheme, looks great.
 
Why do racing drivers always pose with their arms crossed and a half-scowl on their faces? Are they meant to look imposing? Because most of the time they just look constipated.
 
Back