2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
  • 194,175 views
I was actually thinking of him before I posted about Vaughn, but couldn't remember his name. I know he's been doing some racing in a Cayman GT4 in the CTSCC.

He raced for CJ Wilson's team in the Miatas a few times too, and I believe he's got two overall victories at the Thunderhill 25h race.
 

Ain't saying much, but if anyone wants to beat Holden/RBRA, maybe the Fords and Altimas have a chance in 2018.

The big things will be engine heat(will the turbos cook at Clipsal or blow at Bathurst), torque(driveability out of corners, standing starts) and fuel economy(will these cars actually sip fuel being a V6T). Knowing RBRA, they may not have it together the first half of the year, but they'll pour it on to finish strong.
 
I disagree that a professional drifter can't wheel a racecar properly and competitively. In fact their drifting probably helps more than anything when it comes to car control on a race track. Vaughn did some racing in the Trans Am series this year at Road America and did pretty well with a 5th in class I believe.

VGJR-TransAm3.jpg

No one is saying they can't but your example for one is a series that hasn't seen the glory days or height of competition since it was tossed aside several decades ago. Also I could easily name drivers who have been good in pro racing that are well known drifters. But I have hardly seen the opposite conversion where a person starts out going for pro drifting to pro racing. And when you put them at a level like Supercars or WRC or whatever, then it becomes all the more obvious they shouldn't be there are they need time if they actually can hang.
 
Triple 8 just posted these.

15823188_1483485335002566_802856903078613646_n.png


15747872_1483459325005167_8733741564188644284_n.png


Edit:

15747619_1188100611276138_734327404353204288_n.png


Also, it's January 1st down there, which means we should get those Mustang renders soon...
 
Last edited:
Triple 8 just posted these.

15823188_1483485335002566_802856903078613646_n.png


15747872_1483459325005167_8733741564188644284_n.png


Edit:

15747619_1188100611276138_734327404353204288_n.png


Also, it's January 1st down there, which means we should get those Mustang renders soon...
Midday on the FB page. We'll see. Nothing in other media about Mustang surprises.
 
Triple 8 just posted these.

15823188_1483485335002566_802856903078613646_n.png


15747872_1483459325005167_8733741564188644284_n.png


Edit:

15747619_1188100611276138_734327404353204288_n.png


Also, it's January 1st down there, which means we should get those Mustang renders soon...
Hopefully it's these two blokes having a crack at the Bathurst 12hr in a GT4 Mustang plastered in a Shell livery.
 
The Future :p still hasn't changed his FB profile and cover pics.
 
Don't be getting your hopes up for an announcement that someone will be running Mustangs. This reveal of sorts has only been hyped by a graphic designer and no one else. So I'm very skeptical about it.
 
Don't be getting your hopes up for an announcement that someone will be running Mustangs. This reveal of sorts has only been hyped by a graphic designer and no one else. So I'm very skeptical about it.
All I said was Mustang renders. ;)
 
That Mustang render. Just trying to get attention.
15800726_1423093044388882_1187799042890327338_o.jpg

15774886_1423093157722204_1726364194835738180_o.jpg

15777040_1423093314388855_6914376596921849299_o.jpg
 
That Mustang render. Just trying to get attention.
15800726_1423093044388882_1187799042890327338_o.jpg

15774886_1423093157722204_1726364194835738180_o.jpg

15777040_1423093314388855_6914376596921849299_o.jpg
Well Speedcafe are obviously as impressed as I am. They haven't even given it exposure.
Just some SS media hype about a 'what if' that's more about exposing his company than anything else.
 
He definitely should have put the FG X wing on the back. Looks silly.

Thought he would have done a Shell livery. Plus that livery angle doesn't work with the body lines, as it does with the Falcon.
 
That Mustang render. Just trying to get attention.
15800726_1423093044388882_1187799042890327338_o.jpg

15774886_1423093157722204_1726364194835738180_o.jpg

15777040_1423093314388855_6914376596921849299_o.jpg

@R1600Turbo is right, it almost looks sinful, half of me agrees it should be kept four doors, the other half sees modern day TCM which isn't a bad thing if you focus on the late 60s and early 70s. However, this isn't great, the car takes pieces of current PRA Falcons slaps them on, changes how the rear wing is mounted (not hard to find that from other series) and doesn't even bother with other things like a real diffuser.
 
Last edited:
Triple 8 just posted these.
That's it? The new team logo looks like it was hastily thrown together in MS Paint ten minutes before it was published. Really, really lazy effort.
 
That's it? The new team logo looks like it was hastily thrown together in MS Paint ten minutes before it was published. Really, really lazy effort.
I saw someone say that those were only for their facebook page, and that when the actual unveil happens we should see something more professional.
 
screenshot-twitter.com 2017-01-04 11-41-40.jpeg


Find it funny that they went to effort of changing the picture and bio but didn't bother changing the actual name of the page.
 
Something tells me Ryan fired someone today :mad: > :scared:

I don't know. On his personal account, Ryan still has Holden Racing Team listed in his bio.

It might have actually been Ryan who did it. :dopey: :lol:
 
Last edited:
They need to inject some new color in that logo.
mu-owRpVK-4bgrj4U_T6ggs76upXNHfO7VWIVjAa7TLYOZE9vrxRmNxF63pjLXJp2zN3-4uvPEpcjEn9GM3siQP6sjxvYogyy-xiQ-_d5zKWH3qhvoWTGFkaCzuml9BXJUJKoumOHREFbCy_3hk=w577-h255-nc
 
I'm actually quite interested in seeing what the Walky Holdens end up looking like from a paint scheme perspective. Would be a little neat to see them in all white for a round or two like the GT3 programme was.
 
Monster could step it up and I think SP Tools are still there.
 
Can't remember how long that deal is for. We've seen how HRT got SP Tools(they jumped ship from Erebus) and how Red Bull got Whincup out of his Monster deal. Waters is young so, he could be more viable in that long run.
A vet like Courtney, still races hard at the front though. Plus, Pye is at Walkjnshaw now. Who knows until liveries start popping up.
 
Back