2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
  • 194,165 views
I'm thinking the anonymous Mustang GT4.
Edit: Nope. Those are Supercar bonnet fasteners.
 
Last edited:
I'm thinking the anonymous Mustang GT4.
Edit: Nope. Those are Supercar bonnet stays.
Yeah, GT4 car uses flush mount locks and the whole fascia is practically different.
 
I don't know, those air intakes under the headlights look quite large.

View attachment 616694

I don't think they are air intakes, I think they're mock ones to make it look like the road going model, like what the Erebus AMG's had.


IMG_0380.JPG
 
I think it's just gonna be a bit of a "what could be" mock up Mustang V8SC. Can't see anything big coming from it. If it was to be something big, I think DJRTP would hype it as well.
 
I think it's just gonna be a bit of a "what could be" mock up Mustang V8SC. Can't see anything big coming from it. If it was to be something big, I think DJRTP would hype it as well.

Yeah, that's a great point. Why is the guy who does the liveries hyping this and not the team itself? But hey, we can dream, right? :lol:

Edit: Another teaser was posted last night.
 
I don't know, I would hope this guy knows that teasing something like this and it turning out to be nothing more than his interpretation would surely piss a lot of people off. :lol:
 
Well they're tagging V8X and this it what was in that;
IMG_6118.JPG
IMG_6119.JPG


So hopefully the big reveal is that someone is going to run them somewhere along the line.
 
What ever happened to the Alfa article from the other day?
 
Last report was last week. I haven't read any updates. Maybe when the road car debuts here in February.
 
The Alfa thing was reported by Auto Action, and I don't really take them as being over credible. Tbh I think they'll join a safety car provider, and nothing more will eventuate.
 
Well they're tagging V8X and this it what was in that;
View attachment 616959 View attachment 616960

So hopefully the big reveal is that someone is going to run them somewhere along the line.
Yeah that just looks like a bit of a future thinking thing. Nothing will eventuate from it for a good year or two probably. If anything actually does, that is.

I still like the look of that concept though. Looks badass.
 
Yeah that just looks like a bit of a future thinking thing. Nothing will eventuate from it for a good year or two probably. If anything actually does, that is.

I still like the look of that concept though. Looks badass.
Yeah, they do some great work. I thought their Lexus was good too;
IMG_6001.JPG
IMG_5996.JPG
 
The Alfa thing was reported by Auto Action, and I don't really take them as being over credible. Tbh I think they'll join a safety car provider, and nothing more will eventuate.
I'd still like to see the renderings though.
 
GIVE ME MORE OF THAT ALFA
 
Who rendered this?

I mean, come on, man. Just build the thing. Worked for Volvo. So many fans people bought the S60s.

Shell DJRTP & Monster Mustang? Would be awesome for someone like Vaughn Gitten Jr. to get the call.

The Kia GT would have to look crazy good in Supercar skins.
 
Last edited:
Who rendered this?

I mean, come on, man. Just build the thing. Worked for Volvo. So many fans people bought the S60s.

Shell DJRTP & Monster Mustang? Would be awesome for someone like Vaughn Gitten Jr. to get the call.

The Kia GT would have to look crazy good in Supercar skins.
"Artwork by Auto Action".
 
Who rendered this?

I mean, come on, man. Just build the thing. Worked for Volvo. So many fans people bought the S60s.

Shell DJRTP & Monster Mustang? Would be awesome for someone like Vaughn Gitten Jr. to get the call.

The Kia GT would have to look crazy good in Supercar skins.

Can he drive the car at and angle that isn't acute or nearly right?
 
Can he drive the car at and angle that isn't acute or nearly right?
Hey, at the Highlands 101, Mad Mike steered a GT3 car recently, before it broke.
Drift to grip drivers do okay.
 
Hey, at the Highlands 101, Mad Mike steered a GT3 car recently, before it broke.
Drift to grip drivers do okay.

That's mad mike, my point is look at drifters turned racer for a day. Rhys Millen for example never seemed to measure up compared to those who actually were use to wheeling cars around a track or rally circuit. Sebastien Loeb had an easy time with him. Sure the cars aren't the same but they are unlimited class cars, and both had red bull money and manufactures backing the runs. My point is while they're good drivers, they aren't necessarily great or even good racers when compared to actual racing drivers. Drifting isn't easy, but it's almost like expecting a football player to be good in an exhibition pro baseball game, because both deal with catch and throwing a ball...

Then you factor in this style of racing and it gets even more muddled with if they are even right for the job. Tossing names into a hat is all fine and dandy, but I rather see real deserving racers and not the casual show man.
 
For sure, Ken Block didn't well in rally as he thought or anyone thought.

PRA aren't the type of team to showboat, but it was all about playing around.
 
I disagree that a professional drifter can't wheel a racecar properly and competitively. In fact their drifting probably helps more than anything when it comes to car control on a race track. Vaughn did some racing in the Trans Am series this year at Road America and did pretty well with a 5th in class I believe.

VGJR-TransAm3.jpg
 
And guys like Tyler McQuarrie, Dai Yoshihara and Charles Ng also had various level of success in tin-tops in recent years.
 
Probably an unpopular opinion, but Tailem Bend probably wont put on a good race. Those Grade 1 style tracks are junk for anything outside of F1 and P1, with the cars looking lost out there.
 
Tyler McQuarrie
I was actually thinking of him before I posted about Vaughn, but couldn't remember his name. I know he's been doing some racing in a Cayman GT4 in the CTSCC.
 
Albeit the Supercar is different from anything they have driven, less down force with big power, might not be such a hard task. But like I say, it would be cool to see him in a Mustang Supercar, PRA don't put on much of a show.
 
Back