2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
Winton really shook things up..

FB_IMG_1495436784979.jpg

Love it. How long is it since we've had 37 points separating the top 4?
On the one hand, the Holden part of me says "Come on, Gizzy!". But at the same time, I'm enjoying watching Coulthard and McLaughlin knock RedBull off their "We're the best" perch... I blame Ludo. :lol:

Either way, it's Kiwis at the top (With Whincup being the odd one out). Exciting stuff!

I wonder how long of a drought it's ever been, for an Australian to win a touring car race, in this series.
I think Jim Richards won 5 in a row back in '85.
Fellow Kiwi, Robbie Francevic, won a Round at Symmons Plains that year but, I'm not sure if that added to the tally.

Fellow Kiwi, Robbie Francevic, won a Round at Symmons Plains that year but, I'm not sure if that added to the tally.
It'll be crazy if Giz, Scott & Fabs, go on a winning streak for the remainder of the season.

I wonder how long of a drought it's ever been, for an Australian to win a touring car race, in this series.

'85 was definitely the year as 9 of the 10 races that season were won by Kiwis. Peter Brock won round 2 at Sandown, but the rest were all Richards (7 wins with 6 in a row at one point) and Francevic (2 wins).

Francevic also won the first two races in 1986 making it 10 races straight for the Kiwis and I can't think of another time when that record will have been beaten!

Could be this year. I think Whincup won 10 races in one year. With these three Kiwis in hot form, it seems Mostert is the only one that can break that chain.

Could be this year. I think Whincup won 10 races in one year. With these three Kiwis in hot form, it seems Mostert is the only one that can break that chain.

When was the last time that Whincup didn't win any of the first ten races of a season? Would assume it's been a while. :crazy:

Before he was snapped up by T8, he drove the endurance races as co-driver to Jason Richards at Tasman Motorsport.
If JW goes winless for the first 10 races of the year, it'll be for the first time since his debut season with GRM.
Yessss, Tasman. 👍 Kiwi..Tasman... Same difference. :lol::sly:

If JW goes winless for the first 10 races of the year, it'll be for the first time since his debut season with GRM.

The Sunday race was the 10th of the season. No wonder Whincup seemed to be so annoyed afterwards. So close, yet so far.

Yessss, Tasman. 👍 Kiwi..Tasman... Same difference. :lol::sly:
Errr, no.

Team Kiwi & Tasman Motorsport were two totally seperate teams.
The Sunday race was the 10th of the season. No wonder Whincup seemed to be so annoyed afterwards. So close, yet so far.
So it's official then. JW is having the driest period in his full time Supercars career.

McLaughlin just said on Inside Supercars it was a great pass by SVG
yeah, it's ironic drivers saying that when red Bull cars pull moves on them. Like Whincup on Frosty at PI and a couple exchanges with Giz on Fabs.

and what the heck? Are VASC paying Wil Davison to always be on camera? Feature interview, chatting to him before and after each race, another interview on the panel right now. Get some some of the newbies on there from S2 or something. Wil is corny.

Fine with me. Their current suspension setup is clearly getting them nowhere. If PRA can help out, great.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about Supercars at Monaco. Not that it would happen, but with TV coverage in Asia & Spain
This pairs with Supercars’ extraordinary coverage, which will be broadcast to the most international viewers in the history of Australian motorsport with a Fox Sports Asia broadcast and coverage in Spain for the first time through Teledeporte.
, could this open a door to Europe? VESA rules can be amended and VASC could piggyback on another series up North. Just a thought.

Latest Posts

Back