2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
Plus, if Davies could place where he did lat race,

Amazing what a year can do. Davies looked pretty average in the Erebus entry when he jumped in it for the last half of last season. Now he looks like a future star aboard the Altima. Maybe the Nissan just suits him better than the Commodore?
I can't wait to see Lebrocq at Hidden Valley.

Same. 👍

i figured the Altima would do well in S2. It's gone extremely well at each track. What a story to tell, if the MW Altima outpaces the NISMO cars.

i figured the Altima would do well in S2. It's gone extremely well at each track. What a story to tell, if the MW Altima outpaces the NISMO cars.
It already has hasn't it? Didn't Davies outqualify SDS?

Anyone else think this is spreading the T8 talent to thin?
Tired people, no matter how talented, make mistakes when pushed to the limit.

I also noticed priority has been given to the two RBR cars and, that Lowndes' car is an aim (to have ready for the first race in '18)
Makes me wonder how they'll go about filling their customer's orders, whatever number they end up being.

This is the perfect time for T8's rivals to pounce. It's also a 2018 opportunity for Lowndes, in respect to taking a known package as opposed to a Gen2 wildcard.

Interesting times ahead gents.

Anyone else think this is spreading the T8 talent to thin?
Tired people, no matter how talented, make mistakes when pushed to the limit.

I also noticed priority has been given to the two RBR cars and, that Lowndes' car is an aim (to have ready for the first race in '18)
Makes me wonder how they'll go about filling their customer's orders, whatever number they end up being.

This is the perfect time for T8's rivals to pounce. It's also a 2018 opportunity for Lowndes, in respect to taking a known package as opposed to a Gen2 wildcard.

Interesting times ahead gents.
No different to the S60 and when the Altima debuted(that car wasn't sold in Australia yet). Dutton just trying to make it sold like more than what it is. No doubt it's a big undertaking, but they have GM doing the engine, as Polestar did with GRM. The car will be ready to go. It'll come down to the cooling of that engine at Adelaide.

Part of me wonders why it took so long, and if the FOM had any voice on the matter, wouldn't see why it would have. But like certain other tracks the FOM usually seems to block the chances of a series racing on it when Bernie was in charge.

That magic name, "Bernie", stopped all hopes in their tracks.

As for formats, I'd love to see Thursday Practice, Friday Qualifying, Saturday top 10 shootout and Race 1, Sunday Race 2.

Or

Thursday Practice and Qualy, Friday Race 1, Saturday top 10 Shootout(by Race 1 finishing positions) & Race 2

Or :D

Thursday Practice, Friday Qualy & Race 1, Saturday Race 2(reverse top 10 grid).

I guess with the races being for points, Saturday and Sunday would be the biggest audiences. I just hope there are no qualifying races.

Part of me wonders why it took so long, and if the FOM had any voice on the matter, wouldn't see why it would have. But like certain other tracks the FOM usually seems to block the chances of a series racing on it when Bernie was in charge.
It never got over the line in the past because it was either conflicting broadcast rights or, the Bernie factor.

50% of voters have chosen the twin 250s. That could work for Friday after F1 FP3 and Saturday morning. May work for Sunday midday. This way, there could be Qualy with a race on Friday and Saturday could feature a Shootout with Race 2 Sunday.

Last edited:
We can spitball formats all we like but, the first question has to be, can they use the pitlane or not?

And where does the Supercars pitlane exit?
Same place as Formula 1. Supercars have their own garages alongside the Formula 1 teams. It's why the pit lane is so long. When you see the Formula 1 cars pit, they go down a long canyon-like section; the Supercars pits are just in there.

Same place as Formula 1. Supercars have their own garages alongside the Formula 1 teams. It's why the pit lane is so long. When you see the Formula 1 cars pit, they go down a long canyon-like section; the Supercars pits are just in there.
Yes, I know.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it was a Bernie thing but, wasn't the reason Supercars weren't allowed to use pitlane in the past, because they didn't want Supercars poping & farting past the F1 garages?
I've always suspected besides the noise pollution, the F1 boys would have to pull whatever (front wings, engine covers etc..) back into their garages.

Back