2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments

What? They've sort of had this before with iRacing and if I recall even gave a prize to the winner, I'm sort of confused.

Ah I see, so now they'll be serious about it cause just like everyone else who has just now heard of eSports, they see there is money to be made. Something many of us have known for years, and participated in at some level...

Old dogs will find food I guess.

They need to actually collaborate with a decent developer, a team that can properly make a worthy game. If they side with a random Australian developer, which I've got a bad feeling they will, we'll end up with cheap disaster like most Australian made sports games.

They just need to try and get Codemasters to make another V8 Supercars game, or look to Project CARS 2, Forza Motorsport 7 or Gran Turismo Sport to make an expansion pack and/or game mode for the series.

Anything else and they're setting themselves up to fail.

They just need to try and get Codemasters to make another V8 Supercars game, or look to Project CARS 2, Forza Motorsport 7 or Gran Turismo Sport to make an expansion pack and/or game mode for the series.

Anything else and they're setting themselves up to fail.

Basically all they need is to use an existing game, give the rights to the tracks and cars...the end. The rest of the work is the team they pick, and paying them nicely to make sure it goes well. That's why I say iRacing. But I think Assetto would work or the new PCars.

If they give it to Codemasters, tell them to make sure we can't hold it flat through McPhillamy & lap Bathurst in 1:44:xxx. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't walk to the corner for a game like that :yuck:
It's either a 100% accurate simulation or forget it.

Basically all they need is to use an existing game, give the rights to the tracks and cars...the end. The rest of the work is the team they pick, and paying them nicely to make sure it goes well. That's why I say iRacing. But I think Assetto would work or the new PCars.
They need to make sure they pair with a game though that a lot of people are actually gonna go out and buy though. That makes the most sense to me. Assetto or iRacing, are not that type of a game. Gran Turismo and Forza are perfect games for that. Even Project CARS. Those three are appealing to a younger audience, and are widely accessible.

If any game will get it, it'll be Forza considering the links they already have to that series. I'd rather it not go to Forza but it seems quite likely.

They need to make sure they pair with a game though that a lot of people are actually gonna go out and buy though. That makes the most sense to me. Assetto or iRacing, are not that type of a game. Gran Turismo and Forza are perfect games for that. Even Project CARS. Those three are appealing to a younger audience, and are widely accessible.

If any game will get it, it'll be Forza considering the links they already have to that series. I'd rather it not go to Forza but it seems quite likely.

Why it's eSports, that alone draws a large user base. You promote a championship and a prize to be had and everyone thinking their a pro gamer will come out and play it. That's why the highest played games aren't on console platforms and average high user bases after years of service.

Also if they set up the partnership though VASC where I could just go buy the game or opportunity to play on the official website and then use a computer or console to play, that'd be great. It's really not that hard. I'm willing to be that the better players are always going to be those who have an actual set up for this type of thing. The problem is with eSports racing game is you need more things than the regular game to be involved and highly competitive.

There are a few games that have the cars already in them...not sure why you think FM would get it. Is there an actual link other than them being better at including various racing series that other game devs seem to never consider asking?

If they give it to Codemasters, tell them to make sure we can't hold it flat through McPhillamy & lap Bathurst in 1:44:xxx. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't walk to the corner for a game like that :yuck:
It's either a 100% accurate simulation or forget it.

This ^ don't bother if you're going to make a joke of a game where the player who knows the gimmicks best wins, rather than actually being a competent sim racer.

So the last couple days I had the chance to look over with my own two eyes the 2019 Altima. And it would make a damn fine racer, IMO. Hopefully Nissan gives it another chance down under.

Why it's eSports, that alone draws a large user base. You promote a championship and a prize to be had and everyone thinking their a pro gamer will come out and play it. That's why the highest played games aren't on console platforms and average high user bases after years of service.
Yes, I agree, but they want to reach a younger audience, which in my eyes is around the teens to early 20's. And especially in Australia (where I imagine the focus for this is), not many teens to early 20's have iRacing. Gran Turismo and Forza dominate the racing game scene here, with slight preference to Forza given how it has represented Australia in games. iRacing is not that big in Australia, compared to games like Forza and GT. It only makes sense for Supercars to go to the bigger franchises, despite the difference in realism.

There are a few games that have the cars already in them...not sure why you think FM would get it. Is there an actual link other than them being better at including various racing series that other game devs seem to never consider asking?
Prior to 2015's Bathurst, much was made of the V8's being included in Forza. This was celebrated with a special event I believe, and also heavy Forza sponsorship not only at Bathurst, but other rounds of the championship as well. The links are definitely there, so it'd be easier for Forza to get the rights for the cars and tracks compared to something like Gran Turismo and Project CARS which featured outdated versions of the cars in the championship compared to Forza which had the latest cars and liveries.

Last edited:
Indigenous livery for Pecat this weekend.

Percat-Livery-640x390.png

It's a Holden alright. This should be a round where all teams participate in indigenous liveries. There's a retro livery round. Why not? Gets more people involved.

OH HO HOOOO. Dial in some rwd bias please. :)

Budget "Q(60)"-ship. I can see that getting the Nismo treatment with V6TT(and the VASC) of some sort. Minus the rwd and it will be close to the race car.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. :lol:

Good on him. I was sceptical of him participating at first but he hasn't done a bad job. He's stayed out the way for the most part, bar an incident or two. He just needs a bit of speed, and like the article mentioned, running alongside a veteran in Cam McConville will do him well.

Darwin coverage right now. I'm not even thinking about the main drivers. I'm hoping Lebrocq shows up this weekend. Top 12 or better.

Edit: So far, Lebrocq is the 2nd quickest Nissan behind TK and just ahead of the #23.

Edit2: red flag by Bright. Rear ended into tyre barriers. Big damage.

Mcconville is in 8th at the moment, with 4 minutes to go.

Edit3: RKelly tops Practice 1.

Last edited:
I hope we get some wet weather or something so I don't have to feel so bad watching those guys hanging out in the sun, shorts and t-shirts on, while I'm freezing my arse off because I'm a big baby who can't handle anything below 20°c.

I hope we get some wet weather or something so I don't have to feel so bad watching those guys hanging out in the sun, shorts and t-shirts on, while I'm freezing my arse off because I'm a big baby who can't handle anything below 20°c.
Please don't wish for rain in Darwin :scared:

It'll be an absolute torential downpour & we'll end up watching a safety car lead the field for lap after lap.

Well, there's no rain as Practice 3 has started.
They may as well race under lights since the race begins at 4:45pmAEST.

Back