2017 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Results and TalkTouring Cars 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 3,963 comments
  • 194,170 views
Screenshot_20170112-093903.png
Screenshot_20170112-093912.png
Screenshot_20170112-093917.png
Screenshot_20170112-093931.png
Screenshot_20170112-093923.png
Some screenshots I was able to get. Not many clear ones but it looks alright so far.
 
Aren't F1 & NASCAR Red Bulls, using matte? Can't recall the WRC focus in matte.

NASCAR redbulls? Also WRC:

5b5c10f7fe06d31e77fe35c202238a79_XL.jpg


So about the same a flat matte with a gloss finish
 
NASCAR redbulls? Also WRC:

5b5c10f7fe06d31e77fe35c202238a79_XL.jpg


So about the same a flat matte with a gloss finish
Red Bull not in NASCAR at longer? I don't follow the series. I remember Scott Speed and the NASCAR trucks. That's about it.
 
Red Bull not in NASCAR at longer? I don't follow the series. I remember Scott Speed and the NASCAR trucks. That's about it.

I hate to break it to you XR8, but uh...you're about 6 years too late.
 
Can't recall the WRC focus in matte.
The final livery for the WRC will be unveiled some time over the next few days at the Autosport International Show. For now, the interim livery is Red Bull decals over automotive camouflage, the kind car makers use to obscure the lines of a new model. But Volkswagen didn't use a matte finish in the four years that they were active.
 
The final livery for the WRC will be unveiled some time over the next few days at the Autosport International Show. For now, the interim livery is Red Bull decals over automotive camouflage, the kind car makers use to obscure the lines of a new model. But Volkswagen didn't use a matte finish in the four years that they were active.

No one is really talking about design but rather style and since every major red bull car has had matte with gloss, and the interm livery is the same on the m-sport. It is probably safe to say that it will be the same matte.
 


I'm not one for posting random tweets but this is just too good. :lol:
I hate to break it to you XR8, but uh...you're about 6 years too late.

Always thought it was funny that RedBull jumped ship from Nascar completely, after the failure of their own team. Why not sponsor one of the cars on a big team like Hendrick or JGR?
 
Last edited:
Matte colors.


I'm a bit 'Meh' about it to be honest & I cannot believe the team logo will be what they showed at the end of the clip.

Surely a significant milestone year for 888 taking over the HRT deal would deserve a stunning livery you just can't take your eyes off :odd:
 
I'm a bit 'Meh' about it to be honest & I cannot believe the team logo will be what they showed at the end of the clip.

Surely a significant milestone year for 888 taking over the HRT deal would deserve a stunning livery you just can't take your eyes off :odd:
Plus, T8 don't do much in flipping liveries. So, I dont expect something like this at any point
546b06398815b_-_peugeot-208-t16-pikes-peak-5-lg.jpg
 
Flat wraps look awful and unfinished.
 
Why not sponsor one of the cars on a big team like Hendrick or JGR?
Which was odd, because before they backed Triple Eight, there was a lot of talk that they would sponsor Kelly Racing because they were already a personal sponsor of Rick Kelly. However, they justified their delay in joining V8 Supercars as being because they wanted to back a proven winner.
 
Which was odd, because before they backed Triple Eight, there was a lot of talk that they would sponsor Kelly Racing because they were already a personal sponsor of Rick Kelly. However, they justified their delay in joining V8 Supercars as being because they wanted to back a proven winner.
They chose wisely as it's turned out.
 
Shane Van Gisbergen sticks with #97

I don't really care either way. If a driver chooses not to use it, so be it.

I love how nearly every one on there has nothing but great things to say about SVG...but it wasn't so long ago that SVG (and to me still is) was seen on the other end. So I'm confused how a championship changes that, but maybe that's just me.
 
In the Facebook comments for that, I got a good laugh out of this
People (on the internet, especially) are way too quick to judge.

I bet that if we go a few years with the champion opting to not put the #1 their car and someone eventually comes along and decides to put it on there, people will be calling that person cocky for donning the champions number. :lol:
 
I wasn't a fan of Frosty putting the #1 on his car. His is the iconic #5 Falcon. Also, from a merchandise point of view.
 
People (on the internet, especially) are way too quick to judge.

I bet that if we go a few years with the champion opting to not put the #1 their car and someone eventually comes along and decides to put it on there, people will be calling that person cocky for donning the champions number. :lol:
SVG isn't the first & he won't be the last to do this.
We've only gotta look back through history to see this has been done many times in the past.
Just off the top of my head:
Brock in 78/80
Johnson for all 5 titles he won
Moffat in 83.
 
I love how nearly every one on there has nothing but great things to say about SVG...but it wasn't so long ago that SVG (and to me still is) was seen on the other end. So I'm confused how a championship changes that, but maybe that's just me.
Because they finally relise why he did what he did in regards to Bettys shamble takeover of SBR.
 
Because they finally relise why he did what he did in regards to Bettys shamble takeover of SBR.

What does Betty have to do with this? I'm actually confused as to what happened after and even during that law suit or whatever.
 
What does Betty have to do with this? I'm actually confused as to what happened after and even during that law suit or whatever.
Alot of people hated him for that "retirement" the reasons didn't seem acceptable without hindsight.
 
Back