Does football need video referees?

• Yes - VAR is a success

• Yes - The principle is needed but VAR has been badly handled

• No - VAR was horrible and should not be continued

• No - Mistakes are part of football

• Undecided

• Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Arsenal 2-0 Everton, Lacazette and Aubameyang with the goals in the second half of a good game.

Third round of the League cup this week, the TV games are Man United v Derby tomorrow and Liverpool v Chelsea on Wednesday night, both on Sky, Liverpool play Chelsea in the League on Saturday too.

Mo Salah has won the FIFA Puskás Award (effectively the 'Goal of the Year' award) at the Best FIFA Football Awards tonight 👍

They haven't announced the FIFA Bruce Lee Award for the nastiest tackle of the year yet, but I reckon Sergio Ramos deserves it.

Full FIFA award winners, some of this is a bit weird...

Men's Player of The Year
Luka Modric

Women's Player of the Year
Marta

Men's Coach of the Year
Didier Deschamps

Women's Coach of the Year
Reynald Petros

Goalkeeper of the Year
Thibaut Courtois

FIFA Puskas Award
Mo Salah (v Everton)

FIFAPro World Eleven
De Gea, Alves, Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Modric , Kante, Hazard, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo.

Firstly whilst the Salah goal against Everton was very good during which he weaved past some Everton defenders before blasting it into the net, it didn't win Goal of the Month on MOTD, and Messi scores those goals regularly....and Bale's overhead kick in the CL Final wasn't even nominated.

Secondly Dani Alves has played only 16 league games in 2018, didn't go to the World Cup and hasn't played so far this season...and yet is still in the World XI.

Mo Salah was one of the three nominees for Men's player but not in the World XI.

Courtois wins Goalkeeper of the Year but instead its De Gea in the World XI.

Firstly whilst the Salah goal against Everton was very good during which he weaved past some Everton defenders before blasting it into the net, it didn't win Goal of the Month on MOTD, and Messi scores those goals regularly....and Bale's overhead kick in the CL Final wasn't even nominated.
As James Milner put it

All in all, the awards were weird.

Man United have been knocked out of the League Cup on penalties by Derby, the game itself finished 2-2 after the 90 (no extra time in the League Cup from this season), Romero got sent off for handling outside the area and United were down to 10 men for the last 25 minutes.

Pogba has also lost his vice-captaincy today too in another alleged bust up with Jose.

I don't know what to make of this anymore.

If vultures like Mourinho had even the tiniest shred of decency, he would walk out himself, accepting that he is the one responsible for the failure of getting this ensemble of money footballing as a team again. The man is so full of himself because of his results in the past that he can no longer think realistic.

He is just waiting to be sacked to collect the money.

Last edited:
How is Courtois Goalkeeper OTY but de Gea is the keeper for the World XI? And Salah winning Goal OTY smacks of pandering to other confederations.

I know these awards are just a giant Kiss My Arse Club and I shouldn't care but... y'know...

Man United are an absolute shambles right now.

Mourinho third season syndrome is in full swing.
Bust up involving the manager and our 'star' player.
The board gave the manager and new contract in January but failed to back him properly in the Summer.
The owners only really care about making money.
A change of manager might work but what will it really achieve.

Can someone please wake me up from this nightmare!

A change of manager might work but what will it really achieve.

Perhaps a new surge of motivation, and will to play the game again. I think that Mourinho acts like the dillhole boss he can be against his players too, and that the Pogba incident isn't isolated, making the players not wanting to bring their A game to work anymore. They can pay you a lot of money, but if your boss is a first class dickface, you're waking up with a bad feeling about your job, and you go to bed with it.

Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea in the League cup tonight, a simply brilliant goal by Hazard who came off the bench to win the game, easily the best goal he's scored at Chelsea.

Elsewhere Arsenal beat Brentford 3-1, Tottenham needed penalties to beat Watford at the Stadium MK, and West Ham beat Macclesfield 8-0.....that's EIGHT nil!

Mickey mouse cup then?

Also Saido Berahino has as many goals as recent kids with Stoke City now.

Last edited:

http://www.spiegel.de/international...-woman-accuses-ronaldo-of-rape-a-1230627.html

A woman from the United States has leveled serious accusations against Cristiano Ronaldo. The Portuguese soccer star, says Kathryn Mayorga, 34, raped her in Las Vegas in 2009. Later, Ronaldo paid her $375,000 so that she would never again speak about that night.

Ronaldo denies the accusations, the sex was consensual, according to him. Mayorga's lawyer's claim relies in part on a document, which includes Ronaldo's description of what happened that night. In that document, the soccer player is quoted as saying: "She said no and stop several times."

Good luck to his lawyers.

Last edited:
Games this weekend.

Saturday
Arsenal v Watford
Chelsea v Liverpool (5.30 BT)
Everton v Fulham
Huddersfield v Tottenham
Man City v Brighton
Newcastle v Leicester
West Ham v Man United (12.30 BT)
Wolves v Southampton

Sunday
Cardiff v Burnley (4pm Sky)

Monday Night
Bournemouth v Crystal Palace (8pm Sky)

Only the one Sunday game with BT having both games tomorrow.

Some big games in Europe too, the Madrid derby between Real and Atletico, Bayern v Dortmund, Roma v Lazio and Juventus v Napoli all this weekend.

The 32 page complaint has been published now.

http://www.spiegel.de/media/media-43488.pdf

They also released this piece. Even more details are part of it.

http://www.spiegel.de/international...an-who-accuses-ronaldo-of-rape-a-1230634.html

In response to the question as to whether Ms. C. ever raised her voice, screamed or called out, X responded, according to the document: "She said no and stop several times."

In the document, X says that she was lying on her side. "I entered her from behind. It was rude. We didn't change position. 5/7 minutes. She said that she didn't want to, but she made herself available." And further: "But she kept saying 'No.' 'Don't do it.' 'I'm not like the others.' I apologized afterwards."

Last edited:
Back