2019 Bathurst 12Hr DiscussionTouring Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 218 comments
That McLaren 720 is a good looking race car.

EDIT: That's a 650 McLaren not a 720. OOOPS!!!

Last edited:
Maxi Buhk moving around like an animal on the restart. He’s a Bathurst Vet, what was he thinking???

Also the drag up mountain straight was kinda nuts too

What are the commentators talking about? They literally explained his case for him.

He defended the inside line, then moved back to the racing line. That’s not a double move, it’s perfectly legal.

So what kind of racing standards are officials using here? Goodwood Revival rules?
To be honest, if the incident we're talking about was isolated, we wouldn't be discussing it. It's that it was repeated. That's why the black and white was thrown.

To be honest, if the incident we're talking about was isolated, we wouldn't be discussing it. It's that it was repeated. That's why the black and white was thrown.
Ya I guess that’s a fair point.

My thing is though, I’ve always thought the idea of “one move to defend the inside, one move back to the racing line” was pretty standard. However, when you see it actually happen, commentators (especially the RLM guys) tend to freak out a little bit.

Also just watching the replays, not sure why Farfus would get a black and white flag for blocking when Buhk didn’t get a flag for that hip check up mountain straight on the restart :lol:

Bentley to the lead.

Ya I guess that’s a fair point.

My thing is though, I’ve always thought the idea of “one move to defend the inside, one move back to the racing line” was pretty standard. However, when you see it actually happen, commentators (especially the RLM guys) tend to freak out a little bit.

Also just watching the replays, not sure why Farfus would get a black and white flag for blocking when Buhk didn’t get a flag for that hip check up mountain straight on the restart :lol:

Bentley to the lead.

Thats because drivers exploit that grey area to block twice. Farfus did push the mercedes half off the track in one of his weaving moves literally one second before the Merc checked him back. If Buhk got the flag for that then Farfus would've as well.

I like that they gave him a fair chance to get it going before calling the SC. If it was a Supercars race, the SC probably would’ve been called before the car even came to a stop.

Back