2019 Formula 1 Grand Prix de MonacoFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 289 comments
The Red Bull closes on the Mercedes at the Hotel Hairpin, but Hamilton’s just able to get the speed out of Portier to hold Verstappen at bay.

If Lewis can hold on to the finish, that would be incredible. Less than 10 to go...

Is it just me or do Brundle and Croft keep referring to Mirabeau Bas as Portier?

Has anyone noticed that Bottas is within 0.7 of Vettel? Bottas might create another Merc 1-2 (by proxy) if he can get by.

Lewis is lucky Max didn't give him a puncture.

That was a stupid lunge by Max. Too far back. He locked up and caused that collision.

That's that. The one attempt possible didn't come off. To be fair, the ability for Verstappen to create a 5 second gap after passing Hamilton disappeared a long time ago.

And once again, excitement but no action.

Mixed feelings.

Great drive by Max keeping the pressure on Lewis the entire race.

Lewis Hamilton is very lucky to have gotten away with that win. Drove an excellent stint on those tires, drove a good defense.

Max Verstappen very unlucky with that unsafe pit release. Fourth after that five second penalty is good, but he had a chance at second.

Sebastian Vettel lucks into second, in a weekend in which it looked like Ferrari could lose everything.

Valterri Bottas. Poor guy. Did a great job all weekend, but that touch in the pits ruined a possible Mercedes 1-2.

Pierre Gasly was in this race. And got fastest lap. I think.

Sainz in sixth. With a McLaren. Yowzah.

Worth noting:

Two Mercs in the points.

Two Ferrari-powered cars in the points.

Two Renault-powered cars in the points.

And FOUR Hondas in the points.

Who else was in this race?

Yeah, Max's unsafe release was the best thing for the race. It gave him a reason to try and get past, shame it damaged Bottas' race, but I doubt many will care about that.

Shame Gasly stole the fastest lap point from Albon. Pierre must surely be on the bubble soon, under threat from the Toro Rosso drivers.

Poor Grosjean lost P9 due to crossing the pit line :(

Haas need to get their **** together with race pace because it's a little ridiculous at this point. Start a car P5 and finish with the other P10 and the original not in the points.

So done with hearing Hamilton's radio though, they should have just pitted him after complaining for the 4th time. Then when he came 4th at the they can show Grosjean doing 50 laps on used softs. He might be a good driver, but he's such a colossal bitch of a person.

67616296.jpg

Phew! That was tense. The crowd erupted when Max went for the dive.

And Hamilton’s gone for a dip. :lol:

A classic and pretty great dry Monaco GP, very similar to last year and just as exciting! I don’t think anything should come from the contact between Max and Lewis, racing incident.
KMag got unlucky with the SC, but then ****s himself with how he drives during the race. Riccy pulling out a solid unseen drive and a good result for Toro Rosso. Leclerc drove pretty silly really, making some good moves and then got silly with Hulk...

Was really great to hear all the horns from the boats/ships sounding off at the flag.

Some observations for this race:

• Leclerc has just gotten a first-hand lesson in how...unorthodox...Ferrari's strategies are, and it cost him his entire weekend. I'm hoping that he'll be more willing to openly question team strategy like Lewis and Vettel have in the past.
  • The works Renaults cars continue to scratch my head as far as their pace. The team claims to be making progress, but they always seem to either maintain their midfield pace or getting slower, even with Ricciardo in one of their cars. Their sole customer team is handily wiping the floor with them. But hey, their reliability seems to have improved.
  • Daniil Kvyat & Alex Albon kinda nonchalantly ghosted their way into a 7th & 8th place finish. Really good effort from Torro Rosso.
  • I think Grosjean may be challenging Checo's title as the King of Tire Degredation. The fact the was able to go as long as he did, as fast as he was on the softer tires was truly impressive. Definitely deserved better than 10th place.

Last edited:
Back