CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
This actually looks quite nice.

http://www.carscoops.com/2018/01/kias-bringing-sleeker-new-forte-sedan.html

kia-forte-sedan-rendering1.jpg

kia-forte-sedan-rendering2.jpg

And this interior is also nice. But it's scary how close it is in design to the new Altima. :odd:

kia-forte-sedan-rendering3.jpg

"How do we make it looks like we didn't bolt a tablet to the dash?"

"Knobs."

"FUND IT."

I will always throw kudos at car companies that keep the E-brake. How else am I going to get laid?

Every time I see a car with a well designed SINGLE OUTLET (or twin tip, asymmetrical job) exhaust I thank Jesus.

I'm so sick of seeing dual exhaust on absolutely everything.

It's even more of a crime when those dual exhausts are fake chrome tips. :yuck:

Now, which recently unveiled competitor is guilty of doing that, I wonder...

Decent looking thing, but possibly a bit over-done on the body mouldings and sporty trim. Your Elantra is a cleaner design I reckon.

That is a rather nice looking car. Not bad at all.

But what is it with these stupid tablet things in the middle of the dashboard. That looks so cheap.

Thank goodness for Kia & Hyundai. The small car landscape in America would be very bleak without them. The Forte is quite handsome...as is basically everything Kia makes. Please, please us give us a 'hot' Rio so I can be ok with not having the Suzuki Swift stateside.

Decent looking thing, but possibly a bit over-done on the body mouldings and sporty trim. Your Elantra is a cleaner design I reckon.
Maybe. To be completely honest, if I could afford to switch cars I would. And I bet most of the mechanical aftermarket parts would swap right over.

Thank goodness for Kia & Hyundai. The small car landscape in America would be very bleak without them. The Forte is quite handsome...as is basically everything Kia makes. Please, please us give us a 'hot' Rio so I can be ok with not having the Suzuki Swift stateside.
Surprised you guys even get the Rio. Even more surprised you get it as the hatchback as well as that nasty-looking sedan.

I remain hopeful they'll do a "GT" version of the Rio like they do the Ceed, Optima etc. What I think is more likely is Hyundai doing an "N" version of the i20 to tie into their WRC programme, but it appears you only get the Accent over there, and only as a depressing sedan, and I'm not sure how closely they are related.

The Koreans really are on a roll though. The Stinger is one of my favourite new cars, the i30 N is huge fun, and they seem to be killing it with the hybrid/EV stuff right now too.

Had me on the front grill looking like the i30N.

But then that rear unibrow lamp and extra triangle holes lost me.

Kia just can't seem to make this car as pretty as the Elantra. Well, except the new Elantra. That thing is atrocious.

"How do we make it looks like we didn't bolt a tablet to the dash?"

"Knobs."

"FUND IT."
I can't for the life of me understand this whole anti-tablet viewpoint.

iPads are pretty. We like pretty things in cars.

iPads are useful. We like useful things in cars.

iPads are intuitive. We like intuitive things in cars.

iPads are reliable. We like reliable things in cars.

Unfortunately, for some reason, car companies won't just put a mount there where we can slide our actual iPad into the car (although that seems like a theft risk to me), so they've done the next best thing which is make it look like iPad, and include CarPlay so it kinda functions as intuitively as an iPad.

You like iPads? I know you like iPads. So why the hell don't like you iPads in cars? Sounds like the hypocritical view of somebody with poor taste to me. Explain yourself.

Last edited:
Kia just can't seem to make this car as pretty as the Elantra. Well, except the new Elantra. That thing is atrocious.
It's weird, because for the briefest of moments Kia looked like it would make better looking cars than Hyundai. Now, I reckon Hyundai has the edge again.

Exception of course is the Stinger, which looks fantastic. Hyundai doesn't yet have something on quite that level.

Back