2019 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 448 comments
John Ross has been put on the IR, expected to be out 8 weeks. A.J. Green still isn't back. Already looking to next season for the Bengals. Awesome.

Enjoy this week's games- whether in the United States or in the United Kingdom! The Sunday Night match is the Colts at the Chiefs. May your favorite team(s) win.

Rock 'n roll! The Houston Texans played a very efficient game against the Atlanta Falcons and basically clowned them in the 2nd Half. We knocked off the Falcons 53-32 after being down 17-16 at the half. We scored 37 points in the 2nd Half, which I think is a franchise record. Carlos Hyde was great in getting First Downs, but the man of the game was Will Fuller. DeShaun Watson was fun to watch in this game! So many times he seemed like he was going to get sacked. He even fumbled the ball, caught his own fumble, and still got a First Down! There may have also been a little running up the score, but it was otherwise a beast performance by the Houston Texans. This was an awesome performance by the Texans today. We're now 3-2 on the 2019 season. With losses by the Titans and the Jaguars; if the Colts lose tonight at Kansas City, the Texans will not only be the only AFC South team to win, but we we will probably be atop the AFC South standings by overall record.

Up next for the Houston Texans... the Texans are on the road the next two weeks against some tough Midwestern opposition. It will be DeShaun Watson vs. Patrick Mahomes as the Texans are at the Kansas City Chiefs next Sunday at Noon. Then after that, it's at the team's House of Horrors- at Indianapolis the following Sunday afternoon. But first things first- at Kansas City.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week, including a nice little win in London for MoLiEG's Oakland Raiders over the Chicago Bears. How did your team(s) do this week?

The Bengals are trying to rival the Reds for crappiest start to the season after losing by a field goal as time expired in the game today.

0-5.

I poked around on Yahoo! Sports and learned that Jay Gruden has been fired as coach of the Washington Redskins. The Redskins are 0-5 on the 2019 season so far. Jay Gruden's record as the Redskins' coach is 35-49-1. (Tree'd) Elsewhere...

Browns at 49ers TONIGHT!

Cleveland and San Francisco, stand up! It's time for the Bay Area to get some NFL loving on a Monday night. The AFC North's Cleveland Browns will pay a visit to the NFC West's San Francisco 49ers. The 49ers used to play in southern San Francisco before moving to their new digs further inland in Santa Clara at Levi's Stadium. The Cleveland Browns are 2-2 on the season and 2nd in the AFC North, and the Brownies are hoping they can beat the currently unbeaten and NFC West-leading San Francisco in their house. The Niners are 3-0 and can improve to 4-0 with a win tonight. We'll see who wins this one once this game is complete.

Betting folks, get ready! San Francisco is favored by 5. The Over/Under is 45 points.

Feel free to enjoy this game should you be following in some sort of manner.

Cleveland got routed. The San Francisco 49ers remain undefeated this season by smashing the visiting Cleveland Browns 31-3 last night.

Week 6 of the 2019 season is coming up now. Here are some of the many matches slated for this week:

* NYG Giants at NE Patriots (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* CAR Panthers vs. TB Buccaneers (played in London, England, UK)
* PIT Steelers at LAC Chargers (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* DET Lions at GB Packers (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

Bye Week Teams: Chicago, Indianapolis, and Oakland

This week, it will be the first time the Carolina Panthers will play in London. Later this season, my Texans will play in London against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Patriots and the 49ers are the only unbeaten teams so far this season. It doesn't mean we'll have a Patriots/49ers Super Bowl LIV, though. Still a long ways to go. We keep things in New England for Thursday night. Sunday night is an AFC battle as AFC North meets AFC West. Monday night this week is an NFC North tilt as the Detroit Lions head onto the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field, home of the Green Bay Packers.

Enjoy this new week of NFL action!

Meanwhile, V. Burfict's season-long suspension has been upheld. So no more of this guy playing this season.

10/10. The new week of NFL football kicks off tonight on this October 10th with the New York Giants meeting the New England Patriots. Which New will win? Or could a draw possibly happen? To Giants and Patriots fans, have a great game tonight!

The Kansas City Chiefs used to be the Dallas Texans many moons ago. So the Houston Texans met the former Dallas Texans. The final score was 31-24 in favor of the Houston Texans. It wasn't pretty with a combination of penalties as well as a brutal start by the Texans. As we all know, it is not how you start, but how you finish. The Texans played an effective game to lift themselves above Kansas City. My only regrets are somewhat off games by Will Fuller V and Ka'imi Fairbairn. I felt like Kansas City probably should have won and won big. Thankfully, it was the boys from Houston who got it done on a beautiful day in Kansas City, Missouri.

Up next for the Houston Texans... we're at the place that is usually our House of Horrors- at the Indianapolis Colts next Sunday.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week's games, including Seattle preventing themselves from getting upset at Cleveland.

[OMISSION] The Houston Texans didn't allow a sack in two straight games, but here is another astonishing stat from the HOU at KC game- the Texans did not punt all game long!

Last edited:
Lions at Packers TONIGHT!

As this historic 100th season of NFL football continues, the Monday Night Football match takes place in one of the most storied cities and stadiums in the NFL- Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The NFC North is in vogue tonight with a couple of storied Midwestern football teams. The Green Bay Packers will host a pack of cats from MoTown. It's the Detroit Lions looking to continue their rather surprising season. Green Bay currently sits at 4-1 and leading the NFC North. Detroit, meanwhile, is 2-1-1, 3rd in the NFC North. We'll find out who the better of these NFC North teams are after tonight's game.

If you're a bettor... Green Bay is favored by 3.5, and the Over/Under is 45.5 points.

Enjoy tonight's game if you'll be following or watching! I'm sure Joey D and AnthonyD1993 will probably be wondering how the Detroit Lions will do tonight.

Let me post a few extra things. I made an omission from my last post. I noted the Texans didn't allow a sack from the HOU at KC game, and they also didn't punt at any time in the game. I was crazed to find out the Dallas Cowboys trailed 21-6 to the New York Jets at the half, and the Cowboys ended up dropping that one in East Rutherford, NJ. So the Cowboys fell victim to Blitz24's New York Jets as the Jets finally won a game.

The Green Bay Packers, to use baseball speak, went walk-off on the Detroit Lions with a very short field goal with time expiring. It was a happy night for Packers fans at the Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field as they won 23-22. So Green Bay improves to 5-1, and Detroit falls to 2-2-1.

I'll set up a post for Week 7 when I complete my post. Again- congratulations to all winners of games from Week 6. Hopefully your favorite team(s) was/were among the winners.

How are your favorite teams doing so far this season? We've entered Week 7 of the 2019 NFL season! Let's look ahead to some of the upcoming matches this week. Here goes:

* KC Chiefs at DEN Broncos (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* PHI Eagles at DAL Cowboys (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* NE Patriots at NYJ Jets (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

Bye Week Teams: Carolina, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay

This is the middle of October. San Francisco and New England are still undefeated. Still winless so far are Miami and Cincinnati. In case you're wondering, San Francisco and New England do not play each other this regular season. Miami, meanwhile, does have a game against Cincinnati later this year around Christmas in Miami. Looking to turn things around among these matches are Kansas City and Dallas. San Francisco this week is at the Washington Redskins.

Enjoy this week's games!

Apparently, Jalen Ramsey finally had his wish of getting traded granted. So what is he now? Well... Jalen Ramsey is now... a Los Angeles Ram. This may be a boost on defense to the Los Angeles Rams. Maybe Ramsey will have peace of mind now that he's no longer with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Tonight, the AFC West is in vogue with the Kansas City Chiefs at the Denver Broncos. Kansas City is trying to turn things around after being bested two straight weeks by (respectively) the Indianapolis Colts and the Houston Texans, both at home. Denver's trying to get as many wins as they can. KC is 4-2, and DEN is 2-4. I know one GTPlaneteer is interested in wanting Denver to win tonight.

Let's begin a new week of NFL football. Enjoy tonight's game if you'll be following or watching.

Lions got screwed on Monday. It was simply horrible.

And the Curse strikes again. On the worst case scenario, Mahomes could be done for the season.

Ironically, on my current "My Franchise" file on Madden, Mahomes ALSO got injured.

Coincidence, or Destiny?

Lions got screwed on Monday. It was simply horrible.

And the Curse strikes again. On the worst case scenario, Mahomes could be done for the season.

Ironically, on my current "My Franchise" file on Madden, Mahomes ALSO got injured.

Coincidence, or Destiny?
That has to be a coincidence. Either that, or EA knew something the world didn't.

Reports indicate that there may be changes coming to the way the season plays itself out. If approved, the next collective bargaining agreement (CBA) will make for an NFL season with three Preseason games and 17 regular season games. That would be one less Preseason game and one more regular season game. If approved, this CBA will take form starting in 2022.

I hope your favorite team(s) win this week. Enjoy the upcoming games for this week!

RECENTLY WRAPPED UP...

The Houston Texans' House of Horrors is usually at the Indianapolis Colts. And once again, it comes back to bite the Texans in the backside, losing 30-23. The Colts take the AFC South lead and improve to 2-0 in the AFC South. The Texans were too sloppy and made one mistake too many. So the Texans are now 4-3 on the 2019 season.

Up next for the Houston Texans... we're back home to host MoLiEG's Oakland Raiders.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week, including the San Francisco 49ers remaining undefeated in a low scoring game at the Washington Redskins.

Glad I'm not an alcoholic, 'cause I'd probably be hitting the bottle every Sunday watching this team in Cincy...0-7.

Cincy fully embraced the tank. They are all in for Tua.

I hope he stays in College for his senior year. :ill:

I don't think Cincy is going to catch Miami in the race for the biggest dumpster fire. What's even better Miami and Cincy play each other in Week 16. That's going to be a true Tank Bowl.

Also, didn't Tua hurt himself over the weekend and is getting surgery or something?

I don't think Cincy is going to catch Miami in the race for the biggest dumpster fire. What's even better Miami and Cincy play each other in Week 16. That's going to be a true Tank Bowl.

Also, didn't Tua hurt himself over the weekend and is getting surgery or something?

He has a sprained ankle but it's not the one he had surgery on last year. He's not going to need surgery this time and should only be out a week or so and be ready for LSU. At least that's what I heard.

Last edited:
Patriots at Jets TONIGHT!

In vogue tonight is the AFC East as two conference foes clash tonight as the New England Patriots will meet Blitz24's New York Jets. Patriots be like, "we da' best." Jets be like, "if we can beat Dallas, we can beat ANYBODY... even New England!" Some Boston fans are probably proud in baseball that the Houston Astros knocked out the New York Yankees in the 2019 ALCS. Boston fans are hoping the Patriots improve to 7-0. Will it happen, though? That remains to be seen in the shadow of New York City in East Rutherford, NJ!

Looking to place your bets? If so, know that NE is favored by 10, and the Over/Under is 43 points.

That's all. Enjoy the game!

Back