2019 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 448 comments
The Giants play the Dolphins in December. Toilet Bowl? Fight for Tua/the 1st pick?

Ooooh, with these defensive and offensive matchups, it'll surely be a shootout like 7-6.

Jerome
Ah, the ol' Toilet Bowl. I remember the Bengals and Browns having plenty of those 15-20 years ago. I recall one of their matchups in 2004 ending in a 58-48 Bengal win. Talk about no defense. :lol:

That game should be an interesting one, though...if you can stand to watch it.

Like U. Tree said... That is going to be our 2019 Season Heavy Weight TAAAAANK BOWWWWWWL...

Ah, the ol' Toilet Bowl. I remember the Bengals and Browns having plenty of those 15-20 years ago. I recall one of their matchups in 2004 ending in a 58-48 Bengal win. Talk about no defense. :lol:

That game should be an interesting one, though...if you can stand to watch it.

I remember that one. It was super fun to watch. Another one I remember was Browns vs. Lions (the only game Brady Quinn actually did something on the field). Those two will forever be the 2 best games I've ever seen.

Giants vs. saints was insane too from a couple years ago. Saints got us by like 2 at the end.

Chiefs vs. Rams last year, one of the best games I've ever seen, so great.

Jerome

Chiefs vs. Rams last year, one of the best games I've ever seen, so great.

Jerome

Ohhh yeah... that game that could have happened in Mexico City if Estadio Azteca owners weren't so stupid. That game was also a great one.

Word has it that... Antonio Brown was released from the New England Patriots. A. Brown has just taken an absolute downward spiral. Who wants him NOW?

According to something I read on America Online (AOL), Antonio Brown said in a cryptic social media message that he's done with the NFL. Probably good for him to find other outlets outside of the NFL considering what all he's been through. I also read that Jalen Ramsey's trade demands are denied. So basically, he's stuck with the Jacksonville Jaguars unless some trade is indeed offered.

Meanwhile, enjoy the upcoming NFL action today, tonight, and Monday night!

The Houston Texans played at the Los Angeles Chargers in one of the afternoon games. The final score in Carson, California was 27-20 in favor of the Houston Texans. Deshaun Watson played a brilliant game. There were many "Wow!" moments where he would escape sacks time after time. Hopkins and Fuller were money catching passes. Duke Johnson also asserted himself well. J.J. Watt even picked up a sack or two on Philip Rivers. Really, the Texans came alive in the 2nd Half rather than have some wire-to-wire victory. Still, we'll take the win and improve to 2-1 on the 2019 season. I still am not expecting much from the Texans this season, but I would LOVE to be pleasantly surprised.

Up next for the Houston Texans... we're back home to NRG Stadium to host the now 1-2 Carolina Panthers. It's NFC South meets AFC South next Sunday.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week, even including the Detroit Lions improving to 2-0-1 with a win at the Philadelphia Eagles.

Last edited:
Daniel Jones is 1-0 with 4 TDs and a 4th quarter comeback thanks to Tampa Bay's horrendous kicker. It has been such a weird season already...

Bears at Redskins TONIGHT!

This Monday Night involves two of the proudest NFL franchises- the Chicago Bears and the Washington Redskins. Of these two NFC teams, the Bears are looking for their second win of the season currently at 1-1, and the Washington Redskins are seeking for their first win sitting at 0-2. It's NFC North meets NFC East. Who will be victorious once the game ends tonight in Landover, MD? Or could they tie? Suit up and go for another Monday Night Football match!

The favorite of CHI and WAS is Chicago at 5. The Over/Under is 41 points.

Should you be watching/following tonight's game in some capacity, enjoy tonight's game!

According to something I read on America Online (AOL), Antonio Brown said in a cryptic social media message that he's done with the NFL. Probably good for him to find other outlets outside of the NFL considering what all he's been through. I also read that Jalen Ramsey's trade demands are denied. So basically, he's stuck with the Jacksonville Jaguars unless some trade is indeed offered.

Meanwhile, enjoy the upcoming NFL action today, tonight, and Monday night!

The clown got what he deserves. He is an idiot.

Man. The Washington Redskins got whacked at home 31-15 to the Chicago Bears last night. Early and often offense by Chicago sealed the deal long ago.

Let's start Week 4 of the 2019 NFL season! To get you ready for the week ahead, here are some notes to share as well as who will be playing this week:

* PHI Eagles at GB Packers (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* DAL Cowboys at NO Saints (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* CIN Bengals at PIT Steelers (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

Bye Week teams: New York Jets and San Francisco

Let's talk records now.

Teams currently with no losses are as follows: New England (3-0), Buffalo (3-0), Kansas City (3-0), Dallas (3-0), Green Bay (3-0), Detroit (2-0-1), Los Angeles Rams (3-0), San Francisco (3-0)

...and these teams are still looking for their first win of the 2019 season: Miami (0-3), New York Jets (0-3), Cincinnati (0-3), Pittsburgh (0-3), Denver (0-3), Washington (0-3), Arizona (0-2-1)

The season is NOT over, especially if I mentioned current winless teams. Some people may already talk about teams like they are battling for top overall pick in the next NFL Draft. There is still a LONG way to go. Look at last season with my Houston Texans. We went from an 0-3 start to reeling off nine straight wins and eventually winning the AFC South. So just because your team is down doesn't mean they are out. You got to find that winning magic, even if you get just a little lucky. So don't feel too bad if your team(s) is/are not having any kind of great season so far. There is still a lot of time to establish yourself and perhaps even make a strong run.

With that said, enjoy these final games of September 2019!

The sad part about Washington is I don't think they're trying to be hot garbage. They look like they are attempting to try and win, unlike Miami who's just out there to give up a silly amount of points each week. And with that said, Miami will get the number one pick in the draft next year, they will then go on to completely blow it.

Also, the NFC North is possibly the best division in football right now. All four teams, which oddly includes my Detroit Lions, look like legit football teams that are capable of putting something together. I think Green Bay will win it overall though.

The division play at the end of the year is gonna be a bloodbath for the NFC North.

I think Washington's best play at this point is to keep Case in until later and then Start Dwayne Haskins with a few more weeks of development. Keenum definately isn't the answer at QB for them.

Tonight begins Week 4. Can the Green Bay Packers improve to 4-0 on the 2019 season when the 1-2 Philadelphia Eagles come to Lambeau Field? We'll find out tonight! Enjoy this game should you be following or watching in some capacity.

Last night, it was 34-27 in favor of the Philadelphia Eagles winning on the road at the Green Bay Packers. A late interception helped PHI escape GB with a win.

According to Bleacher Report, the National Football League is doing away with having an 18-game season. What is being considered now is a 17-game season and eliminating a Preseason game or two. I sadly couldn't find an article explaining this more on Bleacher Report at the time of this post. I did, however, find this alternative look at this 17-game schedule proposal: https://www.12up.com/posts/nfl-drop...-17-game-schedule-01dnq3f55x3y/partners/36553 .

If you have any thoughts about this proposal, disclose them now here.

Am I the only one who finds most of the hurdling to be pointless? TJ Hockenson just got hurt hurdling today. I'm really surprised that more people haven't been hurt from that yet. I get that it looks cool when someone cleanly hurdles a defender, but it seems like everyone is hurdling just for the sake of hurdling.

Look who shows up in Houston- the Carolina Panthers. It's NFC South meets AFC South. There for the taking, but the Houston Texans failed against the Carolina Panthers at home. Defense had picked up a good amount of takeaways on the Panthers, but the Texans seldom capitalized on those opportunities. DeShaun Watson getting sacked six times doesn't help matters much, either. A late Hail Mary by the Texans was NOT answered by the football heavens. So we lost 16-10 in a game we probably could have won. Maybe SHOULD have won. But... that's the NFL.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week. Hopefully your team(s) is/are among the WINNERS, unlike my Texans.

I'm amazed that the Lions didn't get blown out. That game was way way closer than I expected.

They should've won it, but the refs screwed us over. So many miss calls and that "fumble" by Johnson at the goal line was a bunch of crap. Either way though, I think this game showed the Lions can be a legit NFL team.

They should've won it, but the refs screwed us over. So many miss calls and that "fumble" by Johnson at the goal line was a bunch of crap. Either way though, I think this game showed the Lions can be a legit NFL team.
Bolded part is what scares me the most. After all the years of this team being a heart attack in waiting for fans, I'm terrified to think of how crushed the fanbase will be if they make it to the playoffs and don't advance.

Bengals at Steelers TONIGHT!

We have the AFC North in vogue tonight in the Steel City. I personally have grown fond of the city of Pittsburgh of late. The two teams playing tonight have a combined record of 0-6. Yes- can you believe it? Both teams are looking for their first win of the season! In case you're wondering, the worst-ever record for Pittsburgh was 1-13, set in 1969; and the worst record for Cincinnati was 2-14, set in 2002. The Pittsburgh Steelers have yet to find a way to win games. I'm certain a Steelers' player looked across from them and asked.... "hey, who dey?" And responded... "oh, dey the Cincinnati Bengals." Like Pittsburgh, Cincinnati is also winless so far this season. So unless a draw happens, either Cincy or Pitt will enjoy victory for the first time this season. It's tough to sell games with two teams that have poor records. Yet still, there is always time to improve when your team stinks.

The favorite in this one is PIT by -3, and 45 points is the Over/Under for this game.

Enjoy tonight's game if you'll be watching or following!

[OMISSION] The worst records stats were from Pro-Football-Reference.com.

Last edited:
Bengals at Steelers TONIGHT!

We have the AFC North in vogue tonight in the Steel City. I personally have grown fond of the city of Pittsburgh of late. The two teams playing tonight have a combined record of 0-6. Yes- can you believe it? Both teams are looking for their first win of the season! In case you're wondering, the worst-ever record for Pittsburgh was 1-13, set in 1969; and the worst record for Cincinnati was 2-14, set in 2002. The Pittsburgh Steelers have yet to find a way to win games. I'm certain a Steelers' player looked across from them and asked.... "hey, who dey?" And responded... "oh, dey the Cincinnati Bengals." Like Pittsburgh, Cincinnati is also winless so far this season. So unless a draw happens, either Cincy or Pitt will enjoy victory for the first time this season. It's tough to sell games with two teams that have poor records. Yet still, there is always time to improve when your team stinks.

The favorite in this one is PIT by -3, and 45 points is the Over/Under for this game.

Enjoy tonight's game if you'll be watching or following!

[OMISSION] The worst records stats were from Pro-Football-Reference.com.
I smell a tie coming.

And at least we don't have to deal with this anymore...

Of course Burfict will probably appeal but there is no way he should be let back on a football field.

Boy those Raider's off season acquisitions really have worked out well haven't they?

Last night in Pittsburgh, it was 27-3, Pittsburgh routing Cincinnati at home. I read the Pittsburgh Steelers had 6 sacks coming into last night for the first three games... then 8 sacks that entire night. The Bengals couldn't find the end zone but avoid getting shut out in this one. Rough ride for Cincy last night.

On that note, let's talk Week 5 of the NFL, and welcome to October 2019! It's early, but here are the standings in each conference and division:

--- AMERICAN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE ---
* AFC EAST: New England (4-0), BUF (3-1), NYJ (0-3), MIA (0-4)
* AFC NORTH: Cleveland and Baltimore (2-2 each), PIT (1-3), CIN (0-4)
* AFC SOUTH: Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, and Tennessee (2-2 each)
* AFC WEST: Kansas City (4-0), OAK and LAC (2-2 each), DEN (0-4)

--- NATIONAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE ---
* NFC EAST: Dallas (3-1), PHI and NYG (2-2 each), WAS (0-4)
* NFC NORTH: Green Bay and Chicago (3-1 each), DET (2-1-1), MIN (2-2)
* NFC SOUTH: New Orleans (3-1), TB and CAR (2-2), ATL (1-3)
* NFC WEST: San Francisco (3-0), SEA and LAR (3-1), ARI (0-3)

Again- it's still early. Let's not give teams a championship or a trip to play in Super Bowl LIV just yet. And yes, you read right- all four AFC South teams have the same record.

Now here are this week's more interesting matches include the following:

* LAR Rams at SEA Seahawks (THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* CHI Bears vs. OAK Raiders (game played in London)
* IND Colts at KC Chiefs (SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)
* CLE Browns at SF 49ers (MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL)

* Bye Week Team(s): Detroit and Miami

So this week's marquee matches are mostly on the West Coast with the exception of some good Midwestern football on this coming Sunday Night. The Detroit Lions and Miami Dolphins will have this week off.

Well, go enjoy some NFL football this week! I hope your favorite team(s) is/are doing well so far.

[UPDATE] Forgot to mention all AFC South teams currently with the same record. Added that CHI vs. OAK will be played in London.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back