2019 Ram 1500

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 117 comments
I suspect part of it is brand differentiation. All the trucks on sale at the moment broadly look pretty similar so brands are essentially just using details to mark them out from the others.

Seems to go in waves. The late-90s trucks all looked pretty different to each other, but go back to the mid-80s and line up an F150, a Dodge Ram 1500 and a Chevy Silverado next to each other and you're essentially looking at boxes on top of boxes with subtle differences in the grilles or positions of headlights to differentiate them. Go back to the 50s or 60s and there was once again a lot greater difference.

Design, and taste will always evolve. Pickups aren't likely to disappear any time soon so perhaps in the next 10 years or so the designs will be more to your tastes. Or in ten years you'll look back on today's stuff and not think it's so bad.
Absolutely agree with you. Its a waiting game really.

I personally think the current generation Ram is the best looking truck since the '89-'93 Dodge trucks. The current Silverado is hideously ugly, the F-150 isn't too bad but I think the Ram (especially the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks) looks great.

I personally think the current generation Ram is the best looking truck since the '89-'93 Dodge trucks. The current Silverado is hideously ugly, the F-150 isn't too bad but I think the Ram (especially the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks) looks great.

I completely agree. Unfortunately they've fallen behind in safety. It's the main reason I haven't sprung for one yet. As I could get a nice Night Edition 1500 for well under $30k at my local dealer. But I feel as though holding out would be best.

I'm really hoping (and one could expect) that the new generation Rams will be much better in this department. On a side note I'm sure these spy photos are old and show pretty much nothing. I just found it funny that the camo on the headlights and taillights are like exaggerated F150 lights. :lol:

http://www.motortrend.com/news/spie...f-extra-large-cab/#2019-ram-1500-prototype-16

Here's the best look so far what the new Ram will look like. First impressions? I don't like it.

ram1500ud-g07-kgp-ed-copy-1.jpg

Source: https://www.autoblog.com/2017/10/16/2019-ram-1500-pickup-truck-spy-shots/#slide-7124101

It's not great, but it's still better than any of the other options in the full-size segment (not that that is saying much).

It better still have the cross-hair grill as an option.

It's not great, but it's still better than any of the other options in the full-size segment (not that that is saying much).

The Silverado is now the best looking in my eye. The F-series is worst, Titan, this Ram, Tundra, Sierra, then the Silverado. That's gonna last for one more year because GM's rumored to be working on a new refresh.

Eh, not bad. I don't like it as much as the current design, but it is far better looking than the competition, in my opinion.

The Silverado is now the best looking in my eye. The F-series is worst, Titan, this Ram, Tundra, Sierra, then the Silverado. That's gonna last for one more year because GM's rumored to be working on a new refresh.

The headlights ruin the GM trucks for me (the Silverado looks decent with body colored trim on the grill). The Ford, Toyota and Nissan just look terrible.

The headlights ruin the GM trucks for me (the Silverado looks decent with body colored trim on the grill). The Ford, Toyota and Nissan just look terrible.
Agreed. The globs of chrome only turn me off vehicles anymore. My mother got a 2017 Silverado with mostly body colored bits accented by a few smaller chrome bits, and it looks great. Almost everything else looks too gaudy or too cheap.

Sierra has always been the better looking of the two GM twins.

That grille is probably the worst of the big three trucks.

A few days ago I saw a Ram 1500 painted in a flat steel blue with black stock rims and the old grille painted flat black as well and I thought it looked sharp.

It looks like they combined Ford’s corporate grill with Chevy’s. :lol:

Hopefully they will still offer the traditional crosshair grill.

Aww, they got rid of the giant chrome "RAM" adorning the tailgate.

:(

Unpopular opinion: I like the grill.

That grille is probably the worst of the big three trucks.

A few days ago I saw a Ram 1500 painted in a flat steel blue with black stock rims and the old grille painted flat black as well and I thought it looked sharp.
The Ram is plain. Meanwhile, the Chevy look like a mouth full of platinum "grilles".

The grill looks better in this Autoblog rendering
ram-1500-front-dynamic-1-wm-1.jpg

I think the huge space between headlights and bumper looks worse then the grill.

I think the huge space between headlights and bumper looks worse then the grill.

If it's anything like the current model, there will be different grills depending on the trim level.

Well someone is getting fired for taking that picture inside, what I presume, is the FCA Tech Center.

Looks like an assembly plant.

I'm not so sure, I've been in the FCA tech center numerous times and it looks like that. The few assembly plants I've been in aren't that bright anywhere that isn't directly over the line.

It even has a chrome unibrow.
I bet you were one of those kids who, while walking down the road with friends, pointed out curled-up rodents with their insides outside.

I was doing just fine not having seen the chrome unibrow. :rolleyes:

It looks like a chinese copy of a Ridgeline in the front lol.

Square up the grille, move the whole bumper assembly up for about 3/4 of how tall that gap under the headlights are.

Back